Minnesota Wild vs Los Angeles Kings, Tuesday 1-26-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

32 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Outside of a few bursts here and there, this game so far, is a slog.....which works to the Kings advantage.
LA also seems to be keeping much of the play along the walls, again, to their advantage, only bringing it to the middle if they got a guy streaking through.

Hopefully, Minnesota can up the tempo a bit and turn this into a bit more of a run n gun and put pressure on the Kings' comfort zone.

I hope too to see that Wild can up the tempo next 2 periods. I like to see more life coming out of our team. 6 shots not enough during the 1st period, but still better than last game when we had only 3.

Edited by Alexandron

I'm not so sure EEK's game will ever be consistently on the offensive side, but I am starting to like the PITA manner in which he plays.

Looks to try and agitate a bit out there, he almost always finishes checks, and seems be pretty good at getting people to wanna take swipes at him.
As long as he doesn't become a liability, Minnesota could use that sort of sandpaper in their lineup.

18 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm not so sure EEK's game will ever be consistently on the offensive side, but I am starting to like the PITA manner in which he plays.

Looks to try and agitate a bit out there, he almost always finishes checks, and seems be pretty good at getting people to wanna take swipes at him.
As long as he doesn't become a liability, Minnesota could use that sort of sandpaper in their lineup.

I thought he established that at some point last season. Good to see again. 

LA's just letting us set up our plays and yet we still can't connect. 
It was our best 2nd 1/2 of a second period this year tho.

• Like 1

Kaprisov is going to double everyone in assissts.  I hate him playing with Johhanson and Bonino - a waste of 97s skill.  Also, I have yet to see Parise or Fiala return good passes to him for all the passes he dishes to them.  Glad we have some shots, but I don't think we want Kaprisov to only shoot when he is creating his own shots

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Kaprisov is going to double everyone in assissts.  I hate him playing with Johhanson and Bonino - a waste of 97s skill.  Also, I have yet to see Parise or Fiala return good passes to him for all the passes he dishes to them.  Glad we have some shots, but I don't think we want Kaprisov to only shoot when he is creating his own shots

Completely agree regarding passes as well as he looked better in Parise-Bjugstad-Kaprizov line. PP line when he plays with Parise and Fiala is still looking good and creating lots of chances. Some how we need a better finish. I am surprised of EEK production. He is having 4 goals already and that line (Greenway-EEK-Foligno)is the most consistent so far.

Well now I'm worried. The team didn't seem to have much energy, which can't be true so early in the season. I think they pass too slowly and thus give too much time to the opponent to group. Maybe it's the need of a 1C. Right now do we even have a decent 2C. Eek the only positive exception on the centre department, plus Bonino's faceoffs.

The game had one only positive moment for me: Kempe obviously was pretty annoyed by Eek. I would love to know what the two Swedes were talking about. Eek really gets under the skin of the opponent.

After reading Evason's comments I'm even more worried:

"We just again ran into a hot goaltender and maybe didn't catch a break or two. But we just gotta keep grinding."

Either he doesn't realise what happened, or lies for some reason.

• Uggh... 1

Gave up on boring Wild-Kings pleasure skate and watched Leafs at Flames. Canadian announcers do not coddle bad play. "Couldn't bury our chances," "ran into a hot goaltender" and "rang one of the pipe" won't fly. Pinging the outside iron means you missed the net.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Considering last year it was "High and off the glass" We're getting closer. 😂

Lol, that means we're getting better.

(The original version by the Beatles sounded so SLOOOW, I could not tolerate it - please Mr. Evason and co, give a thought to how to make us even a little bit faster)

• Good Post 1