Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Wednesday 2-24-21, 8:00pm, Ball Center

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Agreed. He's showing way more overall skills than I ever imagined. Already a very smart NHL player the way he sees the ice.

Totally agree.  Skill is one thing (see Fiala), but his brilliance on the ice is as much about his hockey IQ as it is about his skill.  He just has a very different anticipation than the typical newcomer to the NHL (that only the very Elite 1st overall picks have).  His impact started in game 1, and he creates opportunity on almost every shift already.  I have very high hopes for him, but the vision has exceeded all expectations, as has his creativity and stamina.  Keep in mind that the rumor when we drafted him was that he was overweight and entitled - not what I see at all. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

I think the hype around Kaprisov is only going to grow this year.  He is showing that every part of his game is far more advanced than was anticipated.  He is going to draw more and more double teams and I hope they find ways to keep him from getting game-planned off his game.   I would re-sign him as soon as possible before he gets too expensive.

And to re-sign him for a long term. He is young and the team is looking different already around him. Our team in that game is looking so far for me as a contending team for a Stanley Cup, because we were able to compete nicely against a Colorado team during all 60 minutes of play. Great win and a great score tonight!!! Our 4th win in a row!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

And to re-sign him for a long term. He is young and the team is looking different already around him. Our team in that game is looking so far for me as a contending team for a Stanley Cup, because we were able to compete nicely against a Colorado team during all 60 minutes of play. Great win and a great score tonight!!! Our 4th win in a row!!!

With the money coming off of 11 and 20 in the near future, there'll be plenty of room to be sent towards Kaprizov. We've already secured other players, Brodin, etc.

• Like 1

Wild Leap into the West's Top 3 with 6-2 Rout of Colorado

Lots of contributions from each line.  Good, physical defense at times and at others with good active sticks.  Kaprizov had a helluva game, but so did the Wild's 3rd line with everyone on that line with a goal tonight.  I have a game recap, a Zuccarello feature, a prospect report and Girls HS hockey rankings too!  Check it out!  

Fun one to watch, fast paced and some hard hits too.  Good to see Sturm get rewarded with two goals this evening!  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Time to end LA's win streak Fri night and keep ours going. 😎

Totally agree and we must do that on our home ice. Kaprizov also received a face trauma when we played not the best last game against LA(it was a shutout 0:4). It is a time for a revenge. 😎

Probably, that game will go into the Wild history, because we had few nice records tonight - 20 goals in our 4 wins in a row; 800th career point for Parise; 400th career point for Zuccarello; 300 NHL played games for Fiala; as well as Kahkonen 4th winning game in a row with 102 stopped shots towards his net.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

How about that Kaprizov show when playing 4 against 4! Amazing!

Starting to like the kid damn hes fun to watch the whole team is. The kid makes the players around him better that's something we haven't had. Hes going to be a good one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bear said:

Starting to like the kid damn hes fun to watch the whole team is. The kid makes the players around him better that's something we haven't had. Hes going to be a good one. 

He probably should have taken a shot after the second circle round the hapless Avs, but please Mr. Evason just let him have fun. I'm sure the team is having fun watching him, and the opponent is probably totally traumatised after the third roundabout 😁

• Like 1