Minnesota Wild @ Arizona Coyotes, Saturday 3-6-21, 6:00pm, Gila River Arena

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

We're better than this.
We'll need to take 7 of 8 from AZ overall to balance off what'll happen vs Vegas if we keep this up.
Going to be a brutal but revealing week at home.

Maybe we arent better then this but your about this week.

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I know.  That is why I actually acknowledged  it.  Even a blind squirrel or two (our announcers) are right once in a while.😁

Good Lord.  Walz just said that 'Suter was smart there taking a wrister on the net....normally you would not do that, but Suter.....'  I just couldn't listen any longer, so I muted the buffoon

There were not our announcers, but there were their Arizona announcers. I watched away game.

In Talbot's recent games he consistently losing 4-5 pucks, which is discouraging our team.  Definitely, Kuemper was better than Talbot tonight. Why we did not put our hot Kahkonen for tonight game as well? Vegas is doing that way for Fleury. And why we can't?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

There were not our announcers, but there were their Arizona announcers. I watched away game.

In Talbot's recent games he consistently losing 4-5 pucks, which is discouraging our team.  Definitely, Kuemper was better than Talbot tonight. Why we did not put our hot Kahkonen for tonight game as well? Vegas is doing that way for Fleury. And why we can't?

Good question

Disappointing 5-2 Loss to Arizona as Wild split series with the Coyotes

Wild bought their own hype, went away from the simple game of crashing the net and tried to be fancy and got burned big time.  It shouldn't take being two goals down to finally wake up and to start working.  But yet that's exactly what happened.  Talbot gives up at least 4 goals his 3rd game in a row.  Not sure why you'd not start Kahkonen, just saying.  

Ugly game.  I have a full game recap, a Jordan Greenway feature and a ton of prospect news.  Enjoy...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Biggest thing is we had the chance to get under Darcy's skin.
Figured 'foot off gas-We got this' after 2-0

Cease and Assist put his finger on it they bought their own hype. Got away from their game

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Disappointing 5-2 Loss to Arizona as Wild split series with the Coyotes

Wild bought their own hype, went away from the simple game of crashing the net and tried to be fancy and got burned big time.  It shouldn't take being two goals down to finally wake up and to start working.  But yet that's exactly what happened.  Talbot gives up at least 4 goals his 3rd game in a row.  Not sure why you'd not start Kahkonen, just saying.  

Ugly game.  I have a full game recap, a Jordan Greenway feature and a ton of prospect news.  Enjoy...

Agree. It was an ugly game against the team which , IMO, is beatable. Thanks for the info about our prospects achievements too. Wish to see in our team ASAP Brennan Menell and Filip Lindberg for a tryout. Their stats are impressing. I am thinking already that Dinamo Minsk will lose their last game against SKA,St.Petersburg team in a current Gagarin playoffs run and then Brennan Menell will be available for signing  to the Wild team and be included into the big club defensive lines. For his 23 y.o. age his experience and his achievements already are an outstanding plus he, probably, learn some Russian language there that could be helpful to communicate with Kaprizov during practicing and during the games. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Kahkonen is clearly the better goalie right now.  He is very calm and controlled, and I think he would be wasting time on the bench or in Iowa.  He can clearly play and dominate at this level.  I like our team better with him in net, too...While money considerations always come into play, I would never let that obstruct the results of the team.  Would it make ANY sense to have Parise, Johannson, Bjug or Bonnino in front of Kap due to contract?  If not, then you shouldn't do the same thing in goal (letting the $ cloud your decision making upon who the #1 is).  For me, it's an easy decision.

For me, too. For some reason the Wild organization has always had a thing with over the hill goalies. 

And for some reason, *coughmoneycough*, Talbot was in again. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

I did. Why not? 

I'd still like to see if Talbot and Kähkönen can alternate. One game T, one game K. I feel the Wild has not defended well in the games where T has played and there still might be hope of sharing the workload. Games every other night must be hard for the goalies as well. It must add to the risk of injuries as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

I'd still like to see if Talbot and Kähkönen can alternate. One game T, one game K. I feel the Wild has not defended well in the games where T has played and there still might be hope of sharing the workload. Games every other night must be hard for the goalies as well. It must add to the risk of injuries as well.

ATM there are 22 goalies who have played more games this season than Kahkonen. I don't think back-to-back games every now and then could be that big of an issue. Would be interesting to hear though how many goalies have played back-to-backs so far?

Sure they could alternate but if you have a goalie with 9 wins out of 13 games and the other one has 4 out of 10 you have to consider chances of winning, too. This isn't day care where everyone is entitled to a piece of pie for the dessert.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

ATM there are 22 goalies who have played more games this season than Kahkonen. I don't think back-to-back games every now and then could be that big of an issue. Would be interesting to hear though how many goalies have played back-to-backs so far?

Sure they could alternate but if you have a goalie with 9 wins out of 13 games and the other one has 4 out of 10 you have to consider chances of winning, too. This isn't day care where everyone is entitled to a piece of pie for the dessert.

You're right of course, if Talbot keeps playing like he has played. Give me one good defensive effort by the team to solve it for good.

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The Finnish media is already speaking about Kahkonen being the number one goalie for the Wild.

https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11827336

I think they are a bit early there. We'll see what the management does. Certainly he has played as well to earn it. We'll see what Evason decides.

Thanks. I think, he is earning that position by his outstanding play so far. Kahkonen gradually is developing into a 2nd Tretiak.😊.

The other impressing for me records, like I said before, are for our other Finnish goalie prospect 22 y.o. Filip Lindberg who is playing for 3 seasons already in NCCA(UMass(Amherst)) - GAA  1.6; 1.91; 1.61 as well as he is a gold medal winner WJC-20 and NCCA regular season champion in 2018-2019.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I just don't think we need to risk burning out the kid, That's all.

Fair enough. I don't think an occasional back-to-back will harm him, au contraire, it'll give the organization more evidence of if he has what it takes to be a clearcut #1. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The Finnish media is already speaking about Kahkonen being the number one goalie for the Wild.

https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-11827336

I think they are a bit early there. We'll see what the management does. Certainly he has played as well to earn it. We'll see what Evason decides.

It seems in every game the Wild gets more proof of Kahkonen being the real deal and Talbot being a well paid back-up. *cough like someone suggested in the summer cough*

Kahkonen seems to be on his way to break an awful lot of rookie records so it's not like the Finnish media is raving about for nothing.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2021 at 9:39 AM, Hockey-78 said:

Fair enough. I don't think an occasional back-to-back will harm him, au contraire, it'll give the organization more evidence of if he has what it takes to be a clearcut #1. 

We did get to see Kappo play 5 straight (?) out of necessity not too long ago and he did do really well.
Of course we all know the "Play the hot hand" but I have to think Evason is doing fine with selecting when Kahkonen plays due to his now 7 game win streak. :) 

34 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

We did get to see Kappo play 5 straight (?) out of necessity not too long ago and he did do really well.
Of course we all know the "Play the hot hand" but I have to think Evason is doing fine with selecting when Kahkonen plays due to his now 7 game win streak. :) 

It might be he's not doing fine job while selecting when Talbot plays. Three straight losses. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1