Minnesota Wild vs Vegas Golden Knights, Wednesday 3-10-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

9 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Yeah, Found that out at 6:30 🙃 :P
Sounds like the first 10 minutes was fun...Not so much the 2nd 10.
0-20 now...How fitting. LoL

They actually had a couple chances though but yeah it’s fugly 

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Kirill, as usual, UNBELIEVABLE at finding the open guy.

Springs Zucc, but Zucc couldn't beat The Flower.

Its getting very obvious that few Wild players can really capitalize on all the opportunities Kap provides.  We have a dearth of talent that not only makes it tough for Kap, but may be keeping studs away from the Wild.  You must work too hard to get points here.....

• Like 1

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Its getting very obvious that few Wild players can really capitalize on all the opportunities Kap provides.  We have a dearth of talent that not only makes it tough for Kap, but may be keeping studs away from the Wild.  You must work too hard to get points here.....

I agree.
I commented as much before..... The Wild need more guys that can hang with Kirill.
Zucc, actually, IS one of them, but in the grand scheme of things, Zucc isn't a superstar player (a very nice 1B type player or support player).

I know its easier said than done, especially with some of the large albatross contracts currently on the team, but Minnesota needs guys with some seriously high hockey IQ to go along with top shelf skill.
Right now, they seem to either have one or the other in various amounts, but not both in the one or two package players they need to maximize #97 on the ice.

Bjugstad needs to be smarter than that.
Kudos to Suter for stepping in and going after Chandler Stephenson and standing up for his teammate, but Stephonson simply hit Bjugstad hard...not dirty.

Bjug could have either avoided, or met Stephenson more squarely. He made himself a target turning like he did.

Sometimes I wonder these players with long injury history if they don't actually bring much of that on themselves.

Kris Letang is another good example.
Great player, oft injured....and he can usually be found putting himself in harm's way, many times with his head down.

Bjug was lucky his bell wasn't completely rung.

• Like 2

Fiala should try passing to the Vegas guys instead, maybe that way he'd actually manage to connect a pass to one of our guys.

Because hot damn, even a blind and deaf person would give better passes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bjugstad needs to be smarter than that.
Kudos to Suter for stepping in and going after Chandler Stephenson and standing up for his teammate, but Stephonson simply hit Bjugstad hard...not dirty.

Bjug could have either avoided, or met Stephenson more squarely. He made himself a target turning like he did.

Sometimes I wonder these players with long injury history if they don't actually bring much of that on themselves.

Kris Letang is another good example.
Great player, oft injured....and he can usually be found putting himself in harm's way, many times with his head down.

Bjug was lucky his bell wasn't completely rung.

Yes, Don't turn your back to the play.
But knowing there was barely 2 seconds left, The Vegas player didn't need to add the shoulder fully.

Edited by ClusterChuck

Well, I am encouraged by how we are playing another grinder game against Vegas, as they have more scoring prowess than we do.  Two really good goalies  in this game.  The Flower (closer to the end) and Kak (just beginning his career).  We need to watch Stone and Tuch - their chances bother me....Kap needs to step up and get us on the board this period

• Like 1