Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Thursday 3-18-21, 8:00pm, Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

14 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

I know this has been a bad game all around, but does anyone see any reason to keep Parise out of the stands?  He is UTTERLY WORTHLESS on the ice.  Never covers his man, cannot get off shots or passes, is late on the back-check, is slow and shrugged off on the forecheck, etc.  I knew there would be a fall-off in the two Boat Anchor contracts, but he stepped off the cliff and is half-way to the ground.  

Stick a fork in Parise, he's done. 

Funny, the Avs pay Rantanen $9,2 M a season. 34 points in 28 games.

The Wild pay Parise $7,5 M a season. 12 points in 27 games. 

Buy him out already.

That was a classic and fast game for Colorado team capable to outshot us badly(55 vs 20). They gave this fast tone right from the beginning(25 vs 6 shots in the 1st period). Not much we were able to withstand their game. And Talbot was able to stop 50 out of 55 shots. We were not as aggressive as we should to stop their offensive attacks. When we won against them 2 games this season MacKinnon, Makar, Saad were not playing. Now they have completely healthy and dangerous roster. Sadly, Foligno is out, then maybe Cole ;Greenway and EEK will be able to bring more aggressiveness to our team. Hope, to see Addison and Soucy at tomorrow game too. Still I wish to see Talbot as a starting goaltender, because I really would like Kahkonen to extend his winning streak at least to 10 games for entering into the Wild history and he can do this, probably, better against Ducks team instead of Avalanche team. 

Kaapo Kahkonen is going to be a starting goalie for tomorrow game against a Colorado Avalanche team, according to Russo twit. Wish him only the best and luck. Dumba is doubtful to play for this game. Probably, Addison will replace him. Hope, we will see also Connor Dewar NHL debut tomorrow. No doubt , we need more snipers in our team. Addison and Dewar could bring more offense and speed into our team. 

I just looked through out of our 2 wins against Colorado this season. I was wrong - Makar did play in both games; Saad did not play 1 game; and MacKinnon was injured in 1 game.  Grubauer was their goalie in our last win and their backup goalie Miska was in our 1st win against them. Anyway we can play against them, but we need to play all 60 minutes in a game and move our legs better, because it is a very fast smart team.

If we have legs going and they don't, we have a chance. Otherwise we need a 1C to be competent against them. I think they have Cup potential, if MacKinnon is healthy.

I do wish Guerin is actively on the hunt for a 1C. Kaprizov is 23 now so we have max 10 years to somehow get that 1C, and have a run at the cup. Maybe we have one in Rossi. Maybe we don't. Guerin needs to have his eyes on any possibilities of getting one.