Couturier?

mojo1917

I watched maybe 5 minutes of Saturday's game.

Just long enough to see Nate Prosser pass the puck to Casey Czikas to make the game 3 -0

And also hear there was no Sean Couturier.

No one on twitter seems to know what's up or is talking about it very much either.

That guy is our best player and to lose him for 2 significant stretches during a year would be not good in any circumstance. 

If he's out long term, I can't help but think changes are coming.

This was always going to be a weird season, how much of COVID, Shortened/Condensed season, key young players not improving gets factored into what needs to happen to improve the team?

This is essentially the same group that didn't look dumb and slow a year ago- minus one person. 

How much faith is misplaced in the players in the organization, how much is non-linear development?

I don't think making hockey trades is going to be easy for the foreseeable future,  even after the expansion draft. 

I can understand Fletcher's reticence to make a big in season move, especially if he thinks the players in the system are all collectively stumbling but will improve.

No easy answers.

If #14 is out for an extended period, I don't know how watchable this team will be.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

If #14 is out for an extended period, I don't know how watchable this team will be.

Bill has him listed as a go. We'll see.

Lines tonight:

25-14-86
21-13-11
23-28-93
12-19-62

9-53
6-61
56-5

[34]

40 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I dont blame Coots for anything. He and Farabee are the two guys i have no questions about 

You have to throw JVR in there too.

Hard to believe I just typed that but it's true.

That may just get me reported...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You have to throw JVR in there too.

Hard to believe I just typed that but it's true.

That may just get me reported...

You may even be CANCELED for such a blasphemous statement. The Twitter mob is calling for your head.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

You may even be CANCELED for such a blasphemous statement. The Twitter mob is calling for your head.

I know but 13 goals 16 assist for 29 points in 29 games well is what we expected two years ago. He is delivering and well leading the team.

Strip Giroux of the C and give it to JVR now that will get twitter going...

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know but 13 goals 16 assist for 29 points in 29 games well is what we expected two years ago. He is delivering and well leading the team.

Strip Giroux of the C and give it to JVR now that will get twitter going...

JVR ‘s value is at an all time high, he is playing his best all around hockey, since the playoff series against Boston in 2010. We better trade him before he reverts back to his normal self. Hes got the most value and would probably be selected by Seattle, so that’s why you trade him  now and it increases the chances that Jake gets picked by Seattle. We want to limit their odds by trading Ghost and JVR. 

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

We better trade him before he reverts back to his normal self.

So trade him before he turns back into a pumpkin?

You wouldn't want to keep him for the expansion?

Do you think a playoff contender would take him and his two years left at 7 mill per?

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Do you think a playoff contender would take him and his two years left at 7 mill per?

A contender with capspace...or with an overpaid bum on an expiring contract that we could take to raise the value of the trade.

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So trade him before he turns back into a pumpkin?

You wouldn't want to keep him for the expansion?

Of all our overpaid vets, at this point JVR, is the most marketable. So , I would rather get something for him now then lose him for nothing to Seattle. The less options you give Seattle, the better chance they might pick Jake. There has to be one playoff team with some cap space that need a goal scorer. 

• Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Of all our overpaid vets, at this point JVR, is the most marketable. So , I would rather get something for him now then lose him for nothing to Seattle. The less options you give Seattle, the better chance they might pick Jake. There has to be one playoff team with some cap space that need a goal scorer. 

Yes I made that suggestion the other day and no one answered me. So I agree.

Then maybe they get lucky if Seattle takes Jake.

If not offer him somewhere and pick up some of his salary.