If you want to watch a real team the Phantoms are on NHL Network

RonJeremy

9 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Foerester is looking like Ovechkin on the off wing with those wicked shots. I can’t wait until he replaces G on the PP...better yet ,totally.

Foerster has a great one-timer. The best in the draft. But he's no Ovechkin.

The noticeable thing about this game was that the players were engaged. 

Max Millman, looks like a player. He's pretty big and stood out in every context when he was on the ice.

So did Forrester. Didn't notice Lacszynki as much nor Wisdom, but both had flashes where their skating looked really good.

It was wild to watch a power play in orange and black sweaters execute and control the game.

That game was pretty crisply played over all even Hershey's power play moved the puck well and created scoring chances.

I didn't trust myself with what I was seeing was I projecting my desire for these players to be good or are they.  I think they are pretty good. Forrester's skating looked "not problematic" he got to places where he could shoot. That team looks alright.

I actually thought Ratcliffe was decent, good grief is he tall. 

A single game can be deceptive.  I've been to Phantoms' games where Bunnaman and Tyranski even looked good.  Foerster did have a great game but he's pretty inconsistent.  He and Pouliot on the point on the PP are turnover machines.  Lacszynski, Allison and Wisdom along with the injured Zamula have been the best of the kids throughout the season.  Lacsynski should get a stint with the big boys by year's end.  Not sold on Millman and I think Ratcliffe is a career AHLer.  Wylie has had an up and down season.  And why doesn't Sandstrom get to play?  He was sold to us as "just as good as Hart".

5 minutes ago, Poconono said:

A single game can be deceptive.  I've been to Phantoms' games where Bunnaman and Tyranski even looked good.  Foerster did have a great game but he's pretty inconsistent.  He and Pouliot on the point on the PP are turnover machines.  Lacszynski, Allison and Wisdom along with the injured Zamula have been the best of the kids throughout the season.  Lacsynski should get a stint with the big boys by year's end.  Not sold on Millman and I think Ratcliffe is a career AHLer.  Wylie has had an up and down season.  And why doesn't Sandstrom get to play?  He was sold to us as "just as good as Hart".

The good thing is Wisdom and Foerester went straight from juniors to the AHL at the age of 18 and they are doing real well. That’s a big jump, so I think they are exceeding expectations already. You would really think that guys that young would not get much ice time, not score much and play on the fourth line. I think they are ahead of schedule in their development. So that’s good news for the Flyers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poconono said:

And why doesn't Sandstrom get to play? 

This is a strange move to me he needs to play and has been on the taxi squad instead of playing.

I wonder if this is Chuck's way of hiding him for the expansion draft. There isn't a lot of film on him to go by.

He is 24 and has only 6 games played at the AHL level. Since he will have to be exposed maybe he wants to keep Seattle from taking him and developing him in the AHL themselves.

The majority of his games have been in the ECHL 25 to be exact.

Otherwise i'm not sure why he isn't in the AHL trying to lead the Phantoms to the playoffs.