That's why Schenn is playing

Jmdodgesrt4

LSchenn had a good game. When he was invisible it was b/c he was doing the right thing. When you noticed him it was b/c he was in the mix, working in front of Mason and standing up for his teammates. My only concern with him is the same one I have with his brother - will he keep it up and play that way consistently?

As for Couturier...it was G1 and I didn't think he played badly, just looked tentative, kind of what we should expect. Let's give him 2 more games before we swap him out to the 3rd line again. :)

Until that shot by coots from the pass from b schenn I didn't realize coots was playing. Him at 2c is gunna be a long season.

Coots will never be flashy. He's a very reliable and sneaky player who needs to work on his offensive game. Being on the 2nd line is really the only way to encourage that, but it's not going to happen in one game. If he can develop into a proper two-way player, it'll be well worth the wait.

LSchenn had a good game. When he was invisible it was b/c he was doing the right thing. When you noticed him it was b/c he was in the mix, working in front of Mason and standing up for his teammates. My only concern with him is the same one I have with his brother - will he keep it up and play that way consistently?

As for Couturier...it was G1 and I didn't think he played badly, just looked tentative, kind of what we should expect. Let's give him 2 more games before we swap him out to the 3rd line again. :)

Consistency really is the key with LSchenns. He has the tools, except speed, and the skill to be the D man everyone thought he could be. And.. sometimes he is. Just not every game, not even most games. He looked good last night.. let's hope he continues this way. Contract years really seem to motivate some players... funny that. 

Consistency really is the key with LSchenns. He has the tools, except speed, and the skill to be the D man everyone thought he could be. And.. sometimes he is. Just not every game, not even most games. He looked good last night.. let's hope he continues this way. Contract years really seem to motivate some players... funny that. 

It certainly would be nice to see him play his way into a 2nd round pick by the trade deadline.....He did play well most of the game except for dropping his stick and drawing his partner a penalty who was trying to get his stick back to him.....both teams were about a half a step slow and were fumbling passes which made Schenn look way better than he usually does.

Well, Gudas can hit. But that's about all he can do. 

Gudas = Throw big hits and take penalties for being Gudas, with the occasional stupid penalty because he's too slow thrown in for good measure.  

Well, Gudas can hit. But that's about all he can do. 

Gudas = Throw big hits and take penalties for being Gudas, with the occasional stupid penalty because he's too slow thrown in for good measure.  

I say until we see them play a real game with something on the line with the new coach and the new system let give them a clean slate to work with.

Just like what Luke got last game and he looked good.

I understand what you are saying he looked like in Tampa but he also play a while while being hurt (said the injury has nagged him for the last year and a half).

Just like RJ and Read didn't look good last year while playing hurt.

It's a no win situation for the players...they don't play while hurt they are called soft and weak....they play while hurt and don't look good and folks talk junk about them and want them traded....it's a no win situation for them it seems most times.

So when the time is right i will Radko the benefit of the doubt and let him play and hope he plays well....and if not we all here will i'm sure call him out (i know i will) but i want this team to succeed so i will give everyone a chance (ok maybe not Mcdud or Vinny).

I'm personally going by seeing Gudas play in many real games, even before he got hurt.  I mean sure, he may suddenly be a better skater and no longer get reputation calls, but I'm not going to bet on it.

I'm personally going by seeing Gudas play in many real games, even before he got hurt.  I mean sure, he may suddenly be a better skater and no longer get reputation calls, but I'm not going to bet on it.

I understand.

Like i said everyone was going by what many of us seen for example in the short life of Brayden and Luke's Flyers career and it has been a bag of mix results.

So a clean slate and i'll be damn both looked damn good last game...so that is great along with Read and RJ also looking good with the rest of the team. However it's also just one game so i hope they can get it up.

And honestly if they do it will be hard for Radko to even get in.

And you're a Panther fan so i'm pretty sure you're not going to judge all your players based off last year...you're going to give them a clean slate for the new year. There will plenty of time to single guys out during the season. It should be a good game.

I'm calling a Flyer win 5-3 Simmer with an empty netter!

I'm not a Panthers fan. I'm a Lightning fan who never understood why everyone loved Gudas so I'm glad to be rid of him. 

Most Flyers fans I personally know do not give players a clean slate every year, so it's cool that you can. 

I'm not a Panthers fan. I'm a Lightning fan who never understood why everyone loved Gudas so I'm glad to be rid of him. 

Most Flyers fans I personally know do not give players a clean slate every year, so it's cool that you can. 

My bad i just glanced at you name square on the side and i seen Florida. You're a Lightning fan...so i guess you know about him a little more.

And i don't usually do that. But it's a new head coach who is getting a pretty much young team with some pretty high drafted talent on it so i figure hey why not.

I'll try to embrace it....so far it's worked but its only one game...i haven't had a chance to zero in on someone i don't like yet....so give it time. I'm just excited there is no Mcdud or Vinny out there.

I'm a Lightning fan who never understood why everyone loved Gudas so I'm glad to be rid of him.

And the same for me when it comes to Coburn. So glad he is gone.

He may do better in Tampa he is like your 5th Dman...here he was our #2 and he just wasn't cut out for it.

He started good but has never really been the same since taking a puck to the eye in a playoff series versus the Pens.

So we got Gudas and Travis Konecny who i think will eventually be our version of Tyler Johnson in a few years. So i'm happy with the deal.

Don't worry, Schenn will remind us why he should be sitting in a few games

Was he bad? I only watched the 1st period before i had to leave the house. I mean damn Mase spotted them 4-0 to start with.

Was he bad? I only watched the 1st period before i had to leave the house. I mean damn Mase spotted them 4-0 to start with.

The whole team was bad tonight, so I can't really point the finger at any one player 

The whole team was bad tonight, so I can't really point the finger at any one player 

Yeah Phantoms lost tonight 4-3 so the whole Flyer organization is looking for their 1st win of the season.....

Just like the parent club the Phantoms were asleep throughout the first period.  They perked-up in the third but by then it was too late.  Outmuscled by a bigger, faster and nastier Syracuse Crunch team.  But at least they made a game of it and nearly tied it in the waning seconds. 

Martel is a joy to watch every time he steps on the ice.  If only he were 6 inches and 30lbs bigger....Sam Morin is a work in progress.  He tries so hard not to screw up that you barely notice him out there.  He's playing it safe most of the time. We've yet to see him use his size to his advantage except for the occasional sweep check after giving up the puck.  Ghost had an assist tonight.  He stands out on the PP and plays well in the offensive zone but tonight he looked overwhelmed by the bigger Crunch forwards in his defensive zone.  Maybe just a bad game and opening night jitters.  Being paired with McDonald probably didn't help either.  Palushaj, whoever he is, also played well but took a physical beating all night long. This year's Phantoms team looks so much faster than last year's squad.  I prefer the speed and finesse game, but I fear they lack the physical play you often need in the AHL.  I don't recall a single Phantom throwing a solid check all night.  The good news is that they came back against a very strong Tampa Bay farm team who started a Stanley Cup Final experienced goalie.  I was a bit disappointed they didn't start Rosehill and maybe his toughness might have effected the game, but then again he's prone to taking some really dumb penalties too.  Tonight the Phantoms only needed to kill one shorthanded situation.

Only Luke Schenn could trip over his own feet and end up high sticking someone in the face as he falls to the ice. Drawing blood and making it a double minor was the cherry on top.

Did someone run over a black cat on the way to the game sheesh....the wife and i had a dinner date with friends last night so i only caught the 1st period...and now i am glad i had other plans i didn't miss anything besides getting pissed...now i'll have time for that today with the Eagles!!! :D

Only Luke Schenn could trip over his own feet and end up high sticking someone in the face as he falls to the ice. Drawing blood and making it a double minor was the cherry on top.

Actually, I can see most of our defenseman doing something like that...

@OccamsRazor- I think there were enough people around here getting pissed off last night to cover you, LOL

Bad things always seem to happen to the Flyers in South Florida. Remember that one year half the team ended up getting divorced after the Flyers returned home from a trip down to South Beach. :)

@OccamsRazor- I think there were enough people around here getting pissed off last night to cover you, LOL

Bad things always seem to happen to the Flyers in South Florida. Remember that one year half the team ended up getting divorced after the Flyers returned home from a trip down to South Beach. :)

Yeah it's a good thing they will get a chance at retribution monday i want to see them blow the doors off the Panthers in return...ok that may be pushing it i just want a win. Let's be honest this is a deep and good Panther squad this year. 

39 shots on goal...they must stop stop shooting into the goalie's chest...quality not quantity shots! 

Archived