Mason

King Knut

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every goalie sh*ts the bed on occasion. Seems the other night was HIS occasion. Let's just hope that's the ONLY occasion this year. He simply was not ready to play quite obviously. Personal day today... you could speculate any number of things, but I'd hope that it's a temporary situation and a family matter would seem to indicate such. 

Every goalie sh*ts the bed on occasion. Seems the other night was HIS occasion. Let's just hope that's the ONLY occasion this year. He simply was not ready to play quite obviously. Personal day today... you could speculate any number of things, but I'd hope that it's a temporary situation and a family matter would seem to indicate such. 

Yeah,  just wondering.  Sometimes someone's Dog died or his mom's sick or his girlfriend tried to shoot him.  you know... the usual crap.

Then again, maybe he just needs a day to go blow off steam and get laid. 

Whatever it is, I hope it works.

These things usually come out anyway... I'm sure we'll find out, but I do hope it's nothing major for him. For him and for us!

Ever since all that crap went down with Ryan Howard, I'm more sympathetic to what a guy's actually going through.

Ever since all that crap went down with Ryan Howard, I'm more sympathetic to what a guy's actually going through.

I don't know what crap you are referring to as I don't follow the phillies, but we all need to remember that these guys are people and dealing with stuff same as us. It's not easy to be at top performance when you're having a problem at home. No amount of money can guarantee someone not to be affected by 'life'. I just really hope it's nothing too too serious and he can come back soon with full focus. I'm also very hopeful that whatever this is is the reason for his meltdown the other night. He definitely seemed distracted. 

Dude had a few things going on.

He tore his achilles because the team was shooting him full of cortisone to keep him in the lineup mid-season rather than just let him rest a nagging heel problem.

So while he's trying to come back from that and everyone's hating on him for not being the hitter he was before that, it comes out that his family (with whom he had been very close) had essentially been ripping him off and stealing millions from him and sued him to get more when he cut them off.

Turns out, that'll put a damper on your season too if you're not careful.

Now the Phillies are stuck paying 40 home run dollars to a guy who'll be lucky to hit 20 and they can't manage to move his contract to an AL team so he can DH so folks are grumpy that he's around, but I've developed more sympathy for him than that.

Dude had a few things going on.

He tore his achilles because the team was shooting him full of cortisone to keep him in the lineup mid-season rather than just let him rest a nagging heel problem.

So while he's trying to come back from that and everyone's hating on him for not being the hitter he was before that, it comes out that his family (with whom he had been very close) had essentially been ripping him off and stealing millions from him and sued him to get more when he cut them off.

Turns out, that'll put a damper on your season too if you're not careful.

Now the Phillies are stuck paying 40 home run dollars to a guy who'll be lucky to hit 20 and they can't manage to move his contract to an AL team so he can DH so folks are grumpy that he's around, but I've developed more sympathy for him than that.

Well fans can certainly be unforgiving. Maybe that's especially so in Philly? At any rate, I suppose that's the prerogative of the fan... we don't really have to be forgiving. But I just find it reduces my frustration to try to understand what's going on and why. 

Well fans can certainly be unforgiving. Maybe that's especially so in Philly? At any rate, I suppose that's the prerogative of the fan... we don't really have to be forgiving. But I just find it reduces my frustration to try to understand what's going on and why.

totally agreed.

SO I WANT SOME DIRT ON MASON!

Just kidding.  Seriously.  I just wish him well and hope everything's good. 

He's one of the good guys.

Don't worry if there is ever some it will surface before you know it in today's social media world...just look no further than USC's Steve Sarkisian.............

Well you know panotch and carchidi would much rather 'report' on any gossip more than actual .. you know.. team stuff. I'm sure they're asking the hard hitting questions about Mason today rather than how this team will rebound from such an embarrassment. 

One good way to help the goalie is spend more time in the other teams end. The best defense is a good offense. First line take heed.

Ya, but in order to have good offense, you need good defense 

“I’m happy I’m going to get to start, but obviously it’s a very sad issue for a teammate. What he’s going through is so tough and I feel really bad for him.” -Neuvirth

Doesn't sound good.  All the best going out to Steve Mason!  Hang in there.  Whatever it is, you've got fans wishing you well.

“I’m happy I’m going to get to start, but obviously it’s a very sad issue for a teammate. What he’s going through is so tough and I feel really bad for him.” -Neuvirth

Doesn't sound good.  All the best going out to Steve Mason!  Hang in there.  Whatever it is, you've got fans wishing you well.

Wow, that's cryptic!

Although Hextall and the Flyers are remaining tight lip about Mason's situation, the NHL Network ran a clip of Neuvirth and he said the situation involving Mason is "sad news". I think if it was a death in the family they would have just said that, hopefully its nothing to serious.

Mason is a proven talent in the NHL...not worried in the slightest. ANYONE posting his kinda numbers with our CRAP defense last year should be reveled to God like status, he gets every benefit of the doubt from me....even 4-5 bad starts in a row!!

Archived