Kimmo no herniated disk - Skated 30 minutes today

Guest pensuck

the only thing eskin can report on with any cred are how many pollops andy reid has on his colon. there hasn't been one mention on twitter (Ya i know) but non of the usual reporters have mentioned anything in regards to kimmo. besides eskin hates hockey as much as baseball.

I'm with you on Eskin but for Kimmo to miss a game it has to be pretty serious. He said he'll be out a couple of

week's. It didn't sound good. I hope he's wrong. It's kinda funny how quiet its been about the 2 injuries...

Well thats good news. I hope it's not a disc problem. Do you think the Flyers would tell you if it was?

I doubt they would own up to that.

I can't stand listening to Eskin but more often than not he is right when he reports on the Flyers. He reported on the Richards trade almost a month before it happened. I thought he had taken a class in the Eklund school of journalism! In this case I hope he is wrong...

@Irishjim

Eskin is a ******, and I hate him. However, he was the 1st person to go public with Pronger's concussion...even when the team was still calling it "flu-like" symptoms. I also seem to recall him getting an injury report last year before any of the normal writers as well...maybe Carter...not sure. Somehow, he has an "in" with the Flyers at times-though I'm not sure how/why.

I'm with you on Eskin but for Kimmo to miss a game it has to be pretty serious. He said he'll be out a couple of

week's. It didn't sound good. I hope he's wrong. It's kinda funny how quiet its been about the 2 injuries...

The Flyers are running deep and silent...

Eskin is a first class ****** - but I believe him here. He gets the info right most of the time with they Flyers on these types of things.

Either way I think Timo is back for the first round - and as Mad Dog said, the rest could be an asset for him if the team is going to make a run.

Randy Miller, in a Delaware Online piece, has this tidbit I hadn't seen elsewhere...

Timonen, who reportedly is nursing a sore lower back, curiously no longer has a locker in the Flyers' dressing room at Wells Fargo Center, which appears to be an indication that his injury is serious.

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/flyers/2012/03/06/flyers-facing-shorthanded-wings-squad/

Of course, it could also be they just need the space for the call-ups. Still...

From Tim P

Kimmo Timonen, who will miss his third straight game tonight, skated hard Thursday morning at Skate Zone.

Sources say Timonen has a back issue, but it’s not a herniated disk. He had played 248 consecutive games until his back began acting up on the Flyers' last road trip out west.

Timonen was on the ice at least 30 minutes with Ian Laperriere, doing sprints, circles and cut drills with cones. He appeared to be moving fine on his skates.

“I’m feeling good, but I can’t do any interviews until next week,” Timonen said. “See you in April.”

He was smiling. We don’t think he intends to sit out until April, either.

General manager Paul Holmgren said he is taking it slowly with Timonen on his recovery to assure he’s ready for the playoff grind that looms in the near distance.

Timonen turns 37 later this month.

Seems doubtful, based on the article. I'd want to have him back at least a week before, preferably two, to get his conditioning back. But if he sits out 10 more games, it may work in our favor.