Wild vs. Vegas 5/5/21 @ 7:00PM CST at the 'X'

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

They just showed that Zuccarello didn't do anything - wrong penalty cost us a goal into our net.

What else is new with the stripes 🙄 and the Wild (see axe over the head of Wild player in the playoffs - no call - in spite of a head almost laying in the basket)

We will see a WAR if we face Knights in playoffs.  Fun games, two good teams.  They are a little closer to their peak than we are, but I like our grit and Kap is a once-in-a-franchise rookie type.  Glad we have him.  Remember when LIG thought he wasn't going to make much impact in year 1???   1442056574_toothysmile.jpg.a8b0a3128cc1fb88973a262c6483db74.jpgSucks to be right....and I was (better than Kuznetso, not quite Kucherov)

YET

I rarely blame the refs but that was a phantom make up style call when there's a big descrepancy in calls.
But not in a close game and especially when both teams were behaving for the 2nd half.
Ruined what could have been a crazy finish.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

At least Kap stole a point for us.......Night Gents.  May be absent next few games - soccer roadtrip....Joy

Sorry to hear that. When both my kids were younger and both told me they didn’t want to play soccer anymore I did NOT try and talk them out of it 😎

• Good Post 1

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

Sorry to hear that. When both my kids were younger and both told me they didn’t want to play soccer anymore I did NOT try and talk them out of it 😎

I have 3 brothers and a sister and we all played soccer it's an awesome sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Goals are in short supply - even at 16.  You wax longingly for paint to strip, projects to start, leaves to rake, algae to clean off the boat....You know, anything else.  Love m daughter, though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

Goals are in short supply - even at 16.  You wax longingly for paint to strip, projects to start, leaves to rake, algae to clean off the boat....You know, anything else.  Love m daughter, though

Oh, and 20 gals on a bus for 8 hours each way is a lot to ask at my age, but I will miss it when she is done.  Plus, my daughter is the 2-3 fouls/game gal - makes for fun chirping from the opposition 😜

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

I rarely blame the refs but that was a phantom make up style call when there's a big descrepancy in calls.
But not in a close game and especially when both teams were behaving for the 2nd half.
Ruined what could have been a crazy finish.

That was straight up THEFT of a win

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Love my kids too obviously but soccer was not their gig and I have tried to like the sport but can’t get into it. Both played puck and daughter played 4 years in college. My son plays with me now in league puck. Priceless 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

That was straight up THEFT of a win

Agree. That was 200% THEFT of the win. Hope, the referees will be better during a playoffs time. Any referees mistakes cost us a real disappointing loss. That was entire 60 minutes game for us with a lot of physicality especial during the 1st period, which is not happened very often for us in previous years. Without Fiala our OT did not look too good and spicy.  Again I would like to mention a superb Johansson's speed (never realize how speedy he is); and probably with Sturm we have 2 very speedy players. Lots of our players nicely  blocked many of shots from , no doubt, a great Vegas team. Their Tuch , practically, for me was invisible that game as well as some other their good players were invisible too. It was like a real playoffs game for both teams.   

I didn't see the other half of the game, only highlights. I'm getting worried about the other teams targeting Kap. In the worst case we might lose him for good if someone decides to take him out in the worst wilsonesque fashion. With no enforcers anymore and one not being to able to count on decisiveness from the Department of Player Safety, I see no other option but the vicious targeting of the opponents' star players the minute ours are attacked. We can only hope everyone gets the idea of playing hard, but playing fair.

• Like 1

Teams have been targeting Kaprizov for about half of the season.  He's handled it pretty well.  It was ridiculous he got a penalty in that situation.  Like LaPanta said...he got a roughing call for more or less getting facewashed.  I think he was pretty merciful to Whitecloud on that play.  Watch, we'll see the league give Kaprizov a $5K fine.  

IMO, I think the Wild missed Fiala a lot in this one.  Especially on the power play and late in the game where he and Kaprizov and Brodin have been clutch.  Still, a fun ending after a bit of a slog through the 1st two periods.  

By the way, in @MNSOTA's post-gamer, she has a Calen Addison feature, an Iowa Wild report and prospect news too, just thought I'd toss that out there.  

• Like 2

I didn't see the link to the post-gamer but here it is in case someone else missed it too:

https://thesportsdaily.com/2021/05/05/wild-fall-3-2-in-overtime-in-feisty-playoff-like-game-against-vegas/

Love to read that about Addison. He really looked promising when he did a short visit to the Wild and the points keep on coming in Baby Wild.

About Kap. I love to see the grit on the guy. He can hold his own, no problem. It's just that if anybody decides to injure a player on purpose, he can. No-one can keep his guard up with a 360 vision.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I didn't see the link to the post-gamer but here it is in case someone else missed it too:

https://thesportsdaily.com/2021/05/05/wild-fall-3-2-in-overtime-in-feisty-playoff-like-game-against-vegas/

Love to read that about Addison. He really looked promising when he did a short visit to the Wild and the points keep on coming in Baby Wild.

About Kap. I love to see the grit on the guy. He can hold his own, no problem. It's just that if anybody decides to injure a player on purpose, he can. No-one can keep his guard up with a 360 vision.

We should have a professional boxing training for every player of the team just in case to withstand the opponent's extreme physical play. Hartman did not do anything, but was beaten from the back by Fleury and to the face by other player. He has got a penalty  practically for nothing. I liked how Dumba was fighting as well as Foligno. As more we are closer to  the playoffs as more tension we are getting. 

The thing is that if the Department of Player Safety fails to protect players, and enforcers can't police the games anymore after the rule book and culture changes, the only way left now to make sure star players are safe, is the two - handed ankle breaking slash from behind the back. Eye for an eye. Nobody wants a league like that, but the fact is that the Rags are now a mentally broken organisation. They were screwed by Wilson, Parros and Bettman, given a chance to get even in their very next game, and they failed to leave the game with a Caps player comparable to Panarin injured for the rest of the season. They lose their GM, President and the game after the useless line brawl game four to nothing. Now if somebody decides to hit Kap's head to the ice causing a concussion, what is left of the Wild?

I'm just stating the facts, not condoning intentional violence. Nobody wants this, but the Wild should evaluate the risks and make a plan on how to protect our players, realising the lack of necessary ruthlessness of the Department of Player Safety. If the Rags as an original 6 team is screwed by the Department of Player Safety and the NHL, the Wild won't have a snowball's chance in hell in hoping to gain enough safety from there. We need the safety net and we don't want it to be the eye for an eye approach. We need new ways of protecting players like Kap and Fiala.

• Like 1