Playoff Preview, Game #2, Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Tuesday 5-18-21, 9pm, T-Mobile Arena

1 minute ago, lynxrattle said:

From the sound of the radio broadcast, it's still anyone's game. Fiala keeps getting chances.

They need to shoot low, crash the net  and instead they keep trying to pick corners it seems.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 2

Just now, bbgarnett said:

They need to shoot low and instead they keep trying to pick corners it seems.

Fluffy has played in the playoffs for something like 15 years now. They really should have a book on him.

Seriously just a piss poor effort on offense. Plenty of great chances no doubt but when you know what isn't working and you keep trying the same chit over and over it's just pathetic.

Edited by bbgarnett

Fleury is too good in comparison to Talbot. I think he is able to win that battle. 6 SO this season as well as he is  3 times a Stanley Cup winner; 1 time Olympic gold winner; 2003  round 1; #1 overall by Pittsburgh; 36 y.o. MAN .

10 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Another game, and with home advantage. See you!

Actually, next 2 our games with home advantage. We won 1 out of 2 on their ice and at least we outshot them in that game (35 shots vs their 28), which is happening not very often for our team. But look how practically full was Vegas arena, but on our home ice they allowed only 4,500.00 fans. I do not think it is enough to boost teams mentality towards the win. We need a full arena as well as they have, because most of the fans are vaccinated (about 60% already). I think Talbot stole that game with his outstanding play.  

From my observation Kaprizov was mostly controlled by 2 Vegas players in 2 games. I really would like to see more production from other lines which are not controlled as high as a 2nd and a 1st lines. The most interest in production , for me, presenting during these playoffs so far our 3rd line with Fiala, and then 4th line with Sturm - Bonino - Bjugstad. If they will be able to produce, then we will have a chance to win series maybe in 7 games. 🤔. With Talbot we must to place 3-4 goals per game( with Kahkonen, probably, 4-5 goals in opposite net), because intensity of these playoffs will be heating more and more. Otherwise, probably, we will see same scenario as we did during the 1st round of last year. 

In general , I like in these 2 playoffs games our current team much more than our team's version of playoffs last season, because we really played entire 60 minutes in both games. Sincerely, I did not see that play before from our team. Hopefully, they will continue this way and be able to win. We are a competitive team against Vegas , in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Actually, next 2 our games with home advantage. We won 1 out of 2 on their ice and at least we outshot them in that game (35 shots vs their 28), which is happening not very often for our team. But look how practically full was Vegas arena, but on our home ice they allowed only 4,500.00 fans. I do not think it is enough to boost teams mentality towards the win. We need a full arena as well as they have, because most of the fans are vaccinated (about 60% already). I think Talbot stole that game with his outstanding play.  

Was hoping Vegas would open their arena 100% - I'd think that'd be a huge advantage...  Good fast games tho - will sober up for tomorrow night...  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Who else but Tuch...

Amazing. SMFH. Of all people.

On the bright side for a Flyer fan it does make me feel slightly better that it isn't only the Flyers who who always gets burned by former players.

I hate you lost but plenty of series to still play. 

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Amazing. SMFH. Of all people.

On the bright side for a Flyer fan it does make me feel slightly better that it isn't only the Flyers who who always gets burned by former players.

I hate you lost but plenty of series to still play. 

The Wild as an organisation should just take the pain as a lesson to be learned: always remember to make absolutely sure when players are being traded away, that they have been given the best possible chance to prove their worth.

• Good Post 1