While waiting for new Flyer news...enjoy the Zen

CoachX

I'm probably playing with fire with a can of gasoline tied to my back here, but the one thing that pisses me off in Wild history is the fact back in the day when Boudreau managed to talk Stevens in as our assistant coach, our country club atmosphere was so bad that he left after only a year. We really could have used some of Stevens' grit on our back lines. Still would, IMO.

7 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I'm probably playing with fire with a can of gasoline tied to my back here, but the one thing that pisses me off in Wild history is the fact back in the day when Boudreau managed to talk Stevens in as our assistant coach, our country club atmosphere was so bad that he left after only a year. We really could have used some of Stevens' grit on our back lines. Still would, IMO.

is there a fight video? If not, who cares?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

is there a fight video? If not, who cares?

That was exactly what happened in the locker room has well: no one cared. A Stevens vs. Suter bout would have been needed to make 'em care.

No harm meant, though, CoachX. I'll hop along to the Wild's area...

The Wild's best bouts are by Boogard, but this (albeit from the North Stars days) is the more entertaining one, involving two teams, linesmen, police and the camera man. It's also what we want from our team. Every player should be able to stand up for himself or a linemate, if need be.

Highlight of Evander Kane's career right here.

Not a Flyer fight but Matt Cooke was the Sean Avery of Matthew Barnabys and I was glad to see him get whooped.

I don't know if anyone ever got Darius Kasparitis but I had a pretty good hockey hate for that guy too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know if anyone ever got Darius Kasparitis but I had a pretty good hockey hate for that guy too. 

Kasparitis was the biggest pu$$y of them all. When it came to fights, he would rarely drop the gloves and most of the time when he did, the refs jumped in to save him. He was a perfect fit in Pissberg. Lucky for him the refs were there for this one with Big E

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The most violent player played with the Flyers for a few years. 

If only the Wild had had a "choir boy" like Zeidel, we'd now be facing the Avs in the playoffs.