Choice of two defenseman… Jones or Hamilton, who do we want?

11 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If a full teardown is being done,  Couturier is the one chip that can land you a serious package of prospects and picks. 

narrator: It's not. 

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

Who else is getting you the haul that Coots is?

Not the portion i was  commenting on. 

There is no rebuild coming.

Not in the proper sense. Maybe in the Homer 2007 sense.  

They aren't starting over.

I would quit watching the team if they trade Couturier for futures.

**** that and **** them.  

• Good Post 2

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Easily your best post in a long time.

I completely agree. This could solve global warming.

:hithead:

Wanted to make sure your lips didn't get tired from reading too many words.

You're welcome 😄

Edited by mojo1917
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

**** that and **** them.  

We all know that no rebuild is coming.  Schmuck Felcher has already said that this team is ready to compete. However,  most same people see this club for what it is and it's a grossly flawed club.  

There's a potential franchise goalie who had a monumental breakdown in what was supposed to be his coming out party. There are veteran players who are supposed to be leaders,  but couldn't lead their way out of child's corn maze because they never had adequate leaders show them the way.  There are defensemen who are capable world beaters, but poor coaching and improper development have basically left them to tend in their own. There are also players who simply cashed a cheque and after being called out for it, now want out. There's a coaching staff in place that has the distinct philosophies on how the game should be played that simply don't work well together and rather than say the problem is with the system,  they conveniently throw players under the bus, because experience. There's an owner who's only concern is bottom line, but is too dumb to see that if the on ice product is bad,  it doesn't matter how many big deals are made, it's still going to look awful.

I think that about sums things up. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

**** that and **** them.  

Of course there is no rebuild coming.  This is why they are going to be bad for years to come.

Didn't see much from Hamilton this playoff run WITH a huge pay day looming so I am going to put him in the pass section with Jones.

Canes can keep Hamilton he would be hated quickly in Philly.

Give me the next tier down defenseman who will cost a little less but maybe more of what the Flyers need.

• Like 3

Weighng in.....

Jones still has a year remaining on his current deal so you have to TRADE for him, pieces going the other way. Hamilton is an UFA so he only costs money. that said, Jones will certainly command a huge payday once traded for.

Jones is a more complete player, but not quite the level of offense, when I watch Jones I see Pietrangelo 45 points a year shuts other teams down, plays ll situations. When I see Hamilton I see Brent Burns lite, 60 points possibly a few more but defensive deficiencies.

So to me it comes down to what do you want? A player who scores more but isnt as good in his own end who you pair with a shut down guy to allow him to roam or a more responsible player who makes less mistakes but will not hit the same level of offense? Usually I would go with Jones/Pietrangelo over Hamilton/Burns BUT again, Hamilton only costs money, Jones costs money/prospects/picks. Because of that I go with Hamilton and look for a 22 minute a night shut down partner to cover his deficiencies so hecan take advantage of his obvious strengths. Giving up a Cam York and a pick for a Jones is a hell of a high price to pay for the slightly more complete player when Ham can be had for cold hard cash. Using York as a for instance, CBJ are in no hurry to deal Jones, they have an entire year to do what is right for their own organization and unless someone wows them I wouldnt deal him until the right package comes along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not just going to trade TK just to trade him

Neither am I. He's not Laughton after all. I'm just saying I move him before I move Coots

If players aren't worth acquiring becasue they had a down year, then I'm trading Hart and Provy for the same reason. The only guy I'm keeping is Farabee, since he had an "up" year. But he better not decline this year, or else I'm shipping his ass out too

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 2