Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info

OccamsRazor

On 3/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, flyercanuck said:

Oh, and Fletcher sucks!

Oh get this so I seen Bill comment that Felix Sandström is a UFA at seasons end and they won't re-sign him let him.

WTF?

Give this kid all this time developing and now they won't even play him on the Flyers to see if he can back up Hart next year?

I swear to God if he ends up on the Penguins I am going to lose my sh it.

Why would you not sign him as a cheap option as a bakcup?

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh get this so I seen Bill comment that Felix Sandström is a UFA at seasons end and they won't re-sign him let him.

WTF?

Give this kid all this time developing and now they won't even play him on the Flyers to see if he can back up Hart next year?

I swear to God if he ends up on the Penguins I am going to lose my sh it.

Why would you not sign him as a cheap option as a bakcup?

Cause he's NOT from Minnesota?

• Thanks 1

So rumors has it once the college playoffs is over the Flyers are going hard after Minnesota's LW Ben Myers.

Take all the talent you can get.

A lot of holes to fill with much youth and skill as you can find.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 12:07 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Ron's 2018 about as bad as it can get with only Farabee to show for it.

Who had a good 2018 draft?

After the first round there are three guys who have played more than 100 NHL games.

The Flyers' second rounder hasn't played an NHL game. Neither has the guy after him. Or the three guys before him. Or 13 other guys in the round...

They didn't have a third round pick. Which is a shame since the entire round combines for 65 total NHL games played.

Admittedly they did miss out on late round gems like Yegor Sharangovich and Philipp Kurashev. Got two solid difference makers there...

Picked at 14, Farabee is third in the draft in goals and fifth in total points. That's not a bad takeaway from what was clearly a terrible draft from about midway in the first round on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

After the first round there are three guys who have played more than 100 NHL games.

The Flyers' second rounder hasn't played an NHL game. Neither has the guy after him. Or the three guys before him. Or 13 other guys in the round...

They didn't have a third round pick. Which is a shame since the entire round combines for 65 total NHL games played.

Admittedly they did miss out on late round gems like Yegor Sharangovich and Philipp Kurashev. Got two solid difference makers there...

Picked at 14, Farabee is third in the draft in goals and fifth in total points. That's not a bad takeaway from what was clearly a terrible draft from about midway in the first round on.

The Islanders got two real talented guys, Wahlstrom and Dobson a couple of picks before us. Hopefully we get a top 5 this year and make the right choice. 

8 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The Islanders got two real talented guys, Wahlstrom and Dobson a couple of picks before us. Hopefully we get a top 5 this year and make the right choice. 

Right, so the best draft was a team who took two guys before the Flyers had a pick.

Hardly makes for an indictment of a GM's draft year...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, radoran said:

So sounds like a good time to trade the picks then.

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So sounds like a good time to trade the picks then.

The third was traded in the Mrazek deal ("gotta get a goalie to give the boys a shot").

You also have to have a partner willing to give up something to get something that everyone pretty much knows is worthless.

Farabee is the "payoff" from the Schenn trade. O'Brien was their middling, lower half first round pick in a bad draft year.

Getting the fifth highest points guy (currently) and third highest goal scorer in the draft at 14 isn't a bad thing at all. If O'Brien amounts to anything, that's better than most teams did in this draft...

• Uggh... 1

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So rumors has it once the college playoffs is over the Flyers are going hard after Minnesota's LW Ben Myers.

Take all the talent you can get.

A lot of holes to fill with much youth and skill as you can find.

BUMP!!!!

No way Flyers end up with two of these guys....

...someone else will steal Myers I am sure.

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Right, so the best draft was a team who took two guys before the Flyers had a pick.

Hardly makes for an indictment of a GM's draft year...

Not making an indictment, actually agreeing with the previous post that stated, after Farabee there weren't many quality players picked.. I mentioned the Isles because I liked Wahlstrom and was hoping we would get him, but we did good. I  guess what I wanted to point out was that the picks 12-14 were good players and then after that it dropped like JBs approval rating. That's why I mentioned hoping for us to get a top 5 pick, sometimes just one draft position means the difference between a top 6 guy or a bottom 6 guy. Of course it also helps to gave a good GM.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, radoran said:

Right, you weren't but the post from Occ I was responding to was :hocky:

I just hope they do some @#$!%$# thing right.

Me too,  Yandle and Thompson should never play another game, just play young guys to give them some experience.  Then we have to lose properly and get the best draft pick possible and make this pick count. Schmuck talks about needing high caliber players, well to get an impact player it will cost you three assets and we don't have extra assets to spare.  So you have to draft this high end player somehow. There is no UFA  this year thats worth the $$ except  maybe for Filip Forsberg, not sure if he's the answer. In the next two years Marner and Pastranuk are up for UFA. Save your $$ and learn from the Hayes and JVR mistakes,  the only reason you sign an UFA is if he's a game changer. Make a run at Pastranuk or Marner in a few years.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Me too,  Yandle and Thompson should never play another game, just play young guys to give them some experience.  Then we have to lose properly and get the best draft pick possible and make this pick count.

Agreed

Schmuck talks about needing high caliber players, well to get an impact player it will cost you three assets and we don't have extra assets to spare. 

Let's see...Ristolainen cost us, what...7 assets?

The "Impact" probably wasn't what he was expecting.

So you have to draft this high end player somehow. There is no UFA  this year thats worth the $$ except  maybe for Filip Forsberg, not sure if he's the answer.

He's never been the answer on a franchise that's been run a lot better than ours.

In the next two years Marner and Pastranuk are up for UFA. Save your $$ and learn from the Hayes and JVR mistakes,  the only reason you sign an UFA is if he's a game changer. Make a run at Pastranuk or Marner in a few years.

Marner has about as much playoff influence as Ristolanen so far.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Agreed

Let's see...Ristolainen cost us, what...7 assets?

The "Impact" probably wasn't what he was expecting.

He's never been the answer on a franchise that's been run a lot better than ours.

Marner has about as much playoff influence as Ristolanen so far.

The whole Toronto team is poorly constructed and has been for years. They never win anything. Marner has skill and that’s what we lack. We need to draft or acquire some skilled guys and other than the draft , I don’t see any other options. The Rangers got a Porsche in Panarin and we got a broken down station wagon in Hayes. Sometimes if the top UFA is not interested, then you should forget about option two. If you can’t get the Porsche , forget the station wagon.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd have a lot more faith in his skill if he was from anywhere else on the planet.

Well they will have competition more than likely...

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Run Foerester run!!!!!!

Good to see him back...

With Clarke back from his joke of an EIGHT game suspension for a first offence which wasn't even intentional (Have I mentioned I hate Branch?) Foerster should get plenty of nice feeds for that one-timer on the pp.

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Run Foerester run!!!!!!

Good to see him back...

I see a massive improvement coming on the PP when we add Allison, Tippett, Brink ,Foerester and Ratcliffe to the lineup. That’s a good combo of size and shooting skills and guys who will stay in front and bang in rebounds  All theses elements  are key PP ingredients which we have not had in years. When was the last time you saw a Flyer score a PP goal like this? 

• Like 1

Just now, RonJeremy said:

I see a massive improvement coming on the PP when we add Allison, Tippett, Brink ,Foerester and Ratcliffe to the lineup. That’s a good combo of size and shooting skills and guys who will stay in front and bang in rebounds  All theses elements  are key PP ingredients which we have not had in years. When was the last time you saw a Flyer score a PP goal like this? 

You need a playmaker in there and a defenseman to anchor the PP units. I'd probably go something like Farabee - Couturier - Allison - Hayes - Sanheim for the first unit (the big money needs to be justified and they'll be plugged here). The second unit should be Frost - Tippett - Brink - Foerster - York. Size is on both units,  there's speed to both and plenty of skill. 

20 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Yeah if they don't trade them away for some over priced vets.

At this point I can no longer trust management.

Desnoyers and Brink could/should be a part of that too.

I am not saying they don't need any seasoning but I wouldn't be shocked if they just let them play through their growing pains in the NHL.

I was shocked the other day when I seen the Crossing broad guy say that the Flyers aren't going to re-sign Felix Sandstrom because he is a UFA and I was blown away.

They drafted this kid at 18 he is 25 anf spent all that damn time developing him, and he hasn't even got but one NHL game this year with this dumpster fire in front of him in San Jose.

Which he looked pretty damn good in.

And they are just going to walk away and let some other club scoop him up and steal him?

Like the other guy in Pennsylvania what's his name the GM with the flightless birds?

If they do that I have to think Chuck is a sabatouer and must be executed.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

18 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

You need a playmaker in there and a defenseman to anchor the PP units. I'd probably go something like Farabee - Couturier - Allison - Hayes - Sanheim for the first unit (the big money needs to be justified and they'll be plugged here). The second unit should be Frost - Tippett - Brink - Foerster - York. Size is on both units,  there's speed to both and plenty of skill. 

I really really hope I am wrong but I see Konecny being fazed out by next year's trade deadline. I just feel it.

If he struggles to score next season I think he gets packaged out in a deal.

And whispers of then maybe moving Ivan too?

I could see them both in a package maybe even as soon as this sumer.

Then with Vegas cap problems in pickup the phone and try and swing a trade for Shea Theodore who struggled this year too.

That would give a guy to replace Ivan with.

As I said I hope I am wrong because Provorov is one of favs.