Game 4: Panthers at Flyers' 10/23/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

22 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Except for the really dumb penalties the Flyers can feel pretty good after this one. They gave one of the best teams in the league all they could handle. Take away those penalties and the Flyers probably win tonight.

Yep with a healthy Ellis there might have been a different outcome.

The ref wasn't good either hard to win being in the box 7 times.

2-1-1 at home now off to the West...

Although I wish the outcome was different, had a great time seeing the boys in person. Agree that Ellis may have made the difference, although hard to beat a good team when you take that many penalties. 

Loving #89 so far!  
F**K you Jake I still hate you…

Until next time Philly 👏

• Like 4

13 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yeah Sanheim is not having a very good night.

Risto has the passer so Sanheim floating in the middle - in no man's land - is the worst possible spot as he's covering exactly nothing. Make matters worse he's eyeballing the puck the whole way, which you'd think would let him intercept the pass but it goes right thru him.

It was his very obvious interference penalty in the 1st gave the Panthers their first PP, which they scored on.

Not making an excuse for Sanheim as is well documented here of me holding him accountable but Risto is not the type of guy who Travis needs to help with his game.

Sanheim needs a stay at home good in his own end type of defenseman and that isn't Risto who as well could use that type of defenseman as well.

But on the particular play the type of defenseman he plays with wouldn't change him making that play on the puck that went in off a skate. That is on Travis to learn how to see that coming and prevent it.

So with that said I would be ok with the front office trading Risto before the deadline for maybe that type of guy back for Sanheim to help maybe salvage his career and maybe help ease the pressure on him.

Not saying it would work but maybe there is a team out there who needs some offense and has a stay at home the can swap Risto for.

Unless of course by then Risto is coming around and showing he is worth keeping and then we'll maybe you could just trade Sanheim.

Which ever I best for the team.

• Like 2

For example I wonder if Montreal would trade Risto for David Savard?

He is the type of stay at home physical defenseman the Flyers should have signed for young Travis.

But whatever.

Savard is signed for 3 more years after this one for only 3.5 mill per which is a very good contract I think.

Unless any one else can suggest a D man like that I'd love to hear it.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

For example I wonder if Montreal would trade Risto for David Savard?

He is the type of stay at home physical defenseman the Flyers should have signed for young Travis.

But whatever.

Savard is signed for 3 more years after this one for only 3.5 mill per which is a very good contract I think.

Unless any one else can suggest a D man like that I'd love to hear it.

In all seriousness, as an alternative that might not be quite as good as Savard, how about Josh Manson of the Ducks?

Gudas would actually be a good choice he's a solid defender now and I would welcome him back to the Flyers.

I'll give Risto the benefit of the doubt. The Sabres sucked so maybe headhunting was the only fun he could get out of the game up in Buffalo. Well it's a theory lol who knows maybe it's even true. The point is I hope he grows his game this year and eventually is a Flyers' top pair D-man on their Cup-winning teams.

on another note I like McKewan the more I see him. He had some real good shifts and esp late in the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Gudas would actually be a good choice he's a solid defender now and I would welcome him back to the Flyers.

On the surface he is, but I worry about things like untimely penalties with him...but he would certainly add a physical element to our D.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

In all seriousness, as an alternative that might not be quite as good as Savard, how about Josh Manson of the Ducks?

This is a great example and if I'm not mistaken he is a free agent after this season so a Risto for Manson would be a great swap in my eyes.

Would the Ducks be interested in this I can't say.

How about Sanheim for Savard.

Risto plays well with a stay at home Dman.

I still want to see Morin and Risto.

Morin was the stay at home Dman with Ghost, so he knows that role, but on the flip side Morin does also know some offense and has joined rushes at times when he sees he's clear to go green.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

On the surface he is, but I worry about things like untimely penalties with him...but he would certainly add a physical element to our D.

Nope that that is like dating an old girlfriend...nope been there done that I don't hate Radko but he is not the answer.

1 minute ago, LegionOfDoom said:

How about Sanheim for Savard.

Risto plays well with a stay at home Dman.

I still want to see Morin and Risto.

Morin was the stay at home Dman with Ghost, so he knows that role, but on the flip side Morin does also know some offense and has joined rushes at times when he sees he's clear to go green.

You would have to split them up though.

They are both right hand shots.

And it still might not work.

Provy/Ellis

Yandle/Risto

And that leaves you with Braun or Savard once again two righties.

But I like 

Provy/Ellis

Yandle/Risto

York/Savard

And you can now trade Braun and Sanheim or keep Braun as the 7th.

2 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

but on the flip side Morin does also know some offense and has joined rushes at times when he sees he's clear to go green.

Except I think Morin is probably done. just a feeling, I don't know where he's at with his rehab on this latest injury...but it just feels like his NHL career will never happen.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You would have to split them up though.

They are both right hand shots.

And it still might not work.

Provy/Ellis

Yandle/Risto

And that leaves you with Braun or Savard once again two righties.

But I like 

Provy/Ellis

Yandle/Risto

York/Savard

And you can now trade Braun and Sanheim or keep Braun as the 7th.

Too bad Savard can't be Mr. Potato Head, so I could switch his arms around to play LD.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Except I think Morin is probably done. just a feeling, I don't know where he's at with his rehab on this latest injury...but it just feels like his NHL career will never happen.

I think his last surgery was a cleanup on isle 4. There seemed to be a little bit of spillage in his knee, that "kneeded" to be removed.

Ah haha... I see what you did there... 😄

So it's still the same injury then... not sure if that's good or bad. I understand how you're talking about it, "clean up" and maybe not so bad. I hope you're right and he can get back on the ice soon. A big guy who skates well, isn't afraid to use his size...a D-man who thinks defense-first but can also rush the puck... hell yes I want him back.

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So with that said I would be ok with the front office trading Risto before the deadline

So, ol' Fletch pays Arizona to take Ghost, then deals a 1st and a 2nd to Buffalo for a player he's apparently been after for years and you're of the opinion he's going to deal Ristolainen prior to the deadline?

when harry met sally ill have what shes having GIF

1 minute ago, radoran said:

you're of the opinion he's going to deal Ristolainen prior to the deadline?

Well no.

I'd still like to think this gamble will work first....he has only play two games.

But yes i'd like to think at some point if it looks like it isn't going to work yes - trade him for some of value in return....even if it's an 11th round pick....just move on....and own it he tried. I guess.

:hocky:

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

But yes i'd like to think at some point if it looks like it isn't going to work yes - trade him for some of value in return....even if it's an 11th round pick....just move on....and own it he tried. I guess.

And I would have hoped they would have moved on from Andy MacDonald, but NHL GMs don't typically work that way after splurging assets on a player they've always coveted.

So, just mentally prepare yourself for the 8-year, $48M contract that's about to come and when something less insane happens, you'll have a better chance to be happy with it. I know I will...

:PopcornSmiley2:

1 minute ago, radoran said:

So, just mentally prepare yourself for the 8-year, $72M contract that's about to come

DUDE!!!!

I am trying to enjoy my morning coffee...

...on my first day off after the stinking Eagles might have played the worst game in NFL history...

...why must you torture me this early this morning...

...what did i ever do to you....does your magic 8 have anything possibly good to happen to my mental state this year???

REPORTED!!!

😭