Game 4: Panthers at Flyers' 10/23/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

NHL GMs don't typically work that way after splurging assets

If he could say salvage say a 2nd round pick for him i wouldn't be so mad at him because he did try to improve the team (sure not my first choice i wanted Savard or Larsson).

I would like to think he can fetch a 2nd from a team needing some physical defenseman for a playoff run.

But i do also know that if he totally bombs and looks like complete shat that is highly unlikely and yes that then they would maybe get a discount and sign him to a deal like you state just for reason you stated...ala Mcdud all over again because well Homer is still around and all...dear Gawd now i have to add a sip of bourbon to my morning brew...

:beer:

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would like to think he can fetch a 2nd from a team needing some physical defenseman for a playoff run.

I'm not disagreeing that ol' Fletch could turn Ghost, Haag, a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 7th into a 2nd rounder. They have the senior hockey advisors on staff to help make that happen.

I just don't think he's going to do it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Magic 8 Ball GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Good ol Jim at least i can laugh as my mental state slowly erodes...i sure hope the Flyers can have a good season so i have some sports to watch till the summer time starts...the Eagles are maybe worse than the Lions and that is saying something and guess who they play Sunday.

So yeah Chuckles might be better off moving Sanheim for something of value by the way i seen Phil Myers was once again a healthy scratch for the Preds...what if deal gets Poile fired oh the irony.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Some notes from the game, watching it in person;

-Giroux seems very engaged this year. I saw him constantly talking to players on the bench and on the ice.

-Risto looked like **** 

-Atkinson seems to go 100% for his entire shift

-Hart deserved better. The initial stop on the SH goal was beautiful, was a split second late getting to the post on the rebound. He also made several nice glove saves

- NAK sucks

-While I like Thompson standing up for his team, his penalty was unnecessary and costly. The ref let him get away with one cheap shot on the Florida player that swiped at Hart but he had to call the second. 
- I haven’t noticed but has Thompson been killing penalties regularly this season? I was surprised to see him out there on the PK. I think at 54 years old, I may skate faster than him.

-ice seemed to have issues as several players had issues with pucks bouncing over their sticks 

- The cashless concept at WFC was interesting. Didn’t know until I got there so I had to convert the wad of cash I brought onto a debit card at a reverse ATM. Card is good all season so I can use the balance when I come back down for the Black Friday game.

5.5 hour drive back home is always tougher after a loss lol

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Samifan said:

-Atkinson seems to go 100% for his entire shift

He and Jake actually have the same amount of points in the same amount of games.

Jake still doesn't have a goal (i know shocker) but the best thing i like:

Cam +8

Jake -2

Yep. Me happy!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Samifan said:

was a split second late getting to the post on the rebound.

It wasn't that he was late his skate missed the post and that momentum actually spun him and opened up the hole.

It is what it is.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, FD19372 said:

On the surface he is, but I worry about things like untimely penalties with him...but he would certainly add a physical element to our D.

Except this is also exactly Risto, which is kind of the problem. In fact, Risto and Radko are very good comparables all around. Risto may have produced a bit more, but most of that was on the back of not playing virtually any defense and spending most of his TOI pinching in areas he really shouldn't be.

Both have an awful penchant for taking awful penalties, and both play a physical game. There are far more similarities than differences between them, with the main diff probably being that Radko doesn't feel the need to prove he's more than a defenseman. Risto wants to show that he's Pronger 2.0, which he clearly is not and never will be.

I agree that we needed physicality on the back end, I just wish it were more of the smart and effective Provo or Niskanen brand of physicality, rather than the HULKSMASH + two minutes and a flurry of odd-man rushes against us type. Dude needs a leash in the worst possible way.

The good news is most of Fletch's other moves this off-season seem to have paid off quite nicely actually. If Hart can be consistent, and we don't lose too many to injuries, we might get at least some playoff hockey this season. It's obviously a very very small sample size, but it's what we've got to work with so far, and it's definitely not all bad to date.

3 hours ago, elmatus said:

Provo or Niskanen brand of physicality

Well don't underestimate the Rabid Hamster (Ryan Ellis) he is physical too just not very big but he can do everything Niskanen did.

Also has more offense( i think ) than him and is the perfect partner for Ivan.

The problem is figuring out the rest of the defense.

And even i think Yandle and Braun have been better than i thought they would so that leaves us looking at the 2nd pair.

So will Sanheim and Risto ever become what we envision is the real question.

Will by the trade deadline will will know more....Sanheim can be replaced by York if not by then at least next season....so then it will just be left to decide WTF to do with Risto.

And as of right now i can not make a call yet with only two games under his belt we will certainly know more by Chistmas....all i ask from Chuckles is the please please do not resign him just because you traded for him like they did with Mcdud.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Icechipper said:

A reverse ATM? 🤔 Usually people are scrambling to find concession cash!🤠

I have seen them at airports to allow people to use them because most airlines stopped taking cash for checked bag fees. It was definitely different loading all the cash I brought with me for the game onto a card. Wish I had known before I went but now I have a preloaded card for my next trip down for a games in November and April

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 9:45 AM, Samifan said:

- The cashless concept at WFC was interesting. Didn’t know until I got there so I had to convert the wad of cash I brought onto a debit card at a reverse ATM. Card is good all season so I can use the balance when I come back down for the Black Friday game.

Like having to use tickets at the carnival! 🤣

Didn't know they were doing that.  Can you use your own card or do you have to use their card?

4 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Like having to use tickets at the carnival! 🤣

Didn't know they were doing that.  Can you use your own card or do you have to use their card?

you can use your own credit or debit card or purchase one via the reverse ATM. I took out a bunch of cash for the game because I didn’t know. I decided to covert half of the cash onto their debit card. Card is good all season and you can add money to it or check balance at reverse ATM. As I mentioned now I’m all set for when I go back down next month.