Minnesota Wild vs New York Islanders, Sunday 11-7-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I see League Minimum's return was really worth bringing up.  3 Turn Overs, one rush, with no success, and a -2.  Sounds about right.

In other news, I really like this team.  They have the grIT of a team that could make some playoff noise.  It started last year and is enhanced this year with the move away from the Boat Anchors towards new leadership.

I’m with ya ES. This team, barring injuries, could very well be scary in the playoffs. Long ways to go yet but damn do I like what I see 

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I see League Minimum's return was really worth bringing up.  3 Turn Overs, one rush, with no success, and a -2.  Sounds about right.

In other news, I really like this team.  They have the grIT of a team that could make some playoff noise.  It started last year and is enhanced this year with the move away from the Boat Anchors towards new leadership.

He did have that 1 slight chance I was worried he'd actually convert. :P

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

Looking forward to seeing some 

1796871334_humblepie.jpg.fd2caa9bdad87cd6aec64dbcbe32238f.jpg

served for El Matador when he comes for a visit as he Ole's his way to a loss

• Like 1

3rd Period Surge Powers Wild to 5-2 Win Over the Islanders

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting it.  The Islanders are so stifling and the Wild were trying to be fancy when everything should've been telling them to keep it simple.  But thankfully, they simplified and they were rewarded.  Having 3 fresh bodies in the lineup probably helped a lot.  Still not seeing what Rem Pitlick brings but he barely played so it doesn't really matter.  Goligoski looked bad on that 2nd goal on the 2-on-1.  

Yet lots of good things.  Hartman continues to be clutch.  Sturm line was pesky tonight.  I hope you enjoy the extras in the post-gamer.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Lol...I'm sill good for my prediction. :P

Yes. Your prediction was the best!!!! 😁 We had a fantastic win in regulation with 2+ goals more in score, which we need to do this team's work every game. It does not matter who scores for the team, but team's win is the most important part for Wild organization.

I was listening entire game on a radio by doing some work outside around my house(preparing for the winter) and then I watched a condensed game. Especially, I would to mention 2 goals ( Duhaime's beautiful shot and Dumba's shot from behind of our net into an empty Islanders net).

And, of course , I would like to mention our goalie Kahkonen solid play(he needs these wins) and the entire team in front of him helping him to hold that score against a very very tough team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Yes. Your prediction was the best!!!! 😁 We had a fantastic win in regulation with 2+ goals more in score, which we need to do this team's work every game. It does not matter who scores for the team, but team's win is the most important part for Wild organization.

I was listening entire game on a radio by doing some work outside around my house(preparing for the winter) and then I watched a condensed game. Especially, I would to mention 2 goals ( Duhaime's beautiful shot and Dumba's shot from behind of our net into an empty Islanders net).

And, of course , I would like to mention our goalie Kahkonen solid play(he needs these wins) and the entire team in front of him helping him to hold that score against a very very tough team.

Wasn't quite spot on but I'll take the breather once we got the EN goal(s). I thought after Brodins EN that NYI might score and they'd continue to pull their goalie and we'd score again to make it 5-3. :P 
But then Dumba saw Brodin's shot and said "Hold my Beer". 😁
I used to have to record many of the games and watch them later or early morning and condensing them my way.
Too bad for you as the entire game was a solid performance by the Wild start to finish and huge support for Kappo too. Well needed for him.

• Like 1

So far we are 1st with most wins in our Division (8). Next 3 games are on a road against teams, which are not as good, IMO. Hope,  we will be able to get 6 points out of those games. We should be prepared mentally very serious to play against these teams, because we do not need any surprises from them. I am accepting any wins from us in regulation; in OT; in SO. Just wins and only. 🙂 

13 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

We'll know where we are after the next 9 games.

Yeah probably so. The next 9 games are interesting. Six of them on road and the last 3 game trip (Florida,TB and New Jersey) is a tough little stretch. The Devils are an interesting team to me. Back in the Scott Stevens days they were my second favorite team and I’ve always kind of pulled for them

in the east. I’ve watched them a couple times this year I think they have some good young players over there. I’ve been impressed with their defensemen and how they move the puck out of their own zone to start a rush. That game will be difficult on its own, but especially so behind Tampa and FL. Also have a tough home games in the stretch with Dallas and Winnipeg. We really need at least 5 of 6 points in the next 3 games. I want a better showing and a win at Seattle this time.

Edited by TallyTigerShark