Minnesota Wild vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Sunday 11-28-21, 1:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

1 hour ago, wildstars95 said:

vikings win and will be a good sunday 😀

Great Wild win!  I couldn't logon until now.

BTW:

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

that was my next guess. I think his old age is getting to him :lol:

Don't be greedy and smoking the silly stuff, the Queens have a way of sucking all the O2 out of the room just when you think they may accomplish something.  The turtle at QB will see to it....

• Like 3

Wild, Talbot Shut Down Tampa Bay in 4-2 Victory

Pretty good effort.  Smart, the Wild played their game and controlled the pace and didn't try to be something they are not.  It still feels like we're somehow pulling it off with smoke and mirrors but its a committee-like team and so far (knock on wood) its working.  I have a game / week recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and ton of prospect news too.  Check it out!  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

Going Sleeping is that like going camping LOL.😉

For me "going sleeping" is like going fishing: I hope to gain the biggest fish in the lake during my dreaming. That is, one night see a dream where the Wild is lifting the Stanley Cup and drinking ambrosia from it 😉

• Like 1

This team is starting to remind me of that bunch of no-names from the 02-03 season that went to the Western Conference Finals, who somehow just kept finding ways to win. They weren't flashy and didn't win every game, but going into every game, you always felt they had a chance at a win.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

For me "going sleeping" is like going fishing: I hope to gain the biggest fish in the lake during my dreaming. That is, one night see a dream where the Wild is lifting the Stanley Cup and drinking ambrosia from it 😉

It is a nice fishing dream. Hopefully, some day it will be a real one. It seems our team's play affecting our fans dreams. 🙂

• Like 1

After recent Wild games against Panthers, Lightning, Stars, Jets, I started to think that if we will be playing the same way against Blues and Avalanche (probably our main initial playoffs competitors), then we will have a nice chance to pass two rounds and even more during a Stanley Cup playoffs this season. Another idea, we should not destroy our fragile building chemistry with any trades during the middle of the regular season. We have plenty of promising youngsters in Iowa to cover all our needs. All trades should be done during the off-season period.

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

After recent Wild games against Panthers, Lightning, Stars, Jets, I started to think that if we will be playing the same way against Blues and Avalanche (probably our main initial playoffs competitors), then we will have a nice chance to pass two rounds and even more during a Stanley Cup playoffs this season. Another idea, we should not destroy our fragile building chemistry with any trades during the middle of the regular season. We have plenty of promising youngsters in Iowa to cover all our needs. All trades should be done during the off-season period.

Agree, definitely no trades if not really sure that the team would get better by it.

18 hours ago, Alexandron said:

That stretch that many worried about turned out pretty nice. We were competitive in every game and built from that road trip.
It's only the 1/4 mark of the season and our division is still pretty tight points wise. I'm desperately trying to hold back the reigns and not go 'All in' with this team but it's really hard. :P 
There was a good point made on the Radio about Fiala yesterday and why would you trade him.
I didn't know he and Evason have history together as Evason coached him long ago so he knows what he's capable of and is probably more critical on him and pushing him.
The point made was about how Fiala was 4th in points but only because a couple players are playing out of their minds...Hartman is having a knockout season.
Fiala hasn't even hit his stride yet and I think if he continues his play, The Goals will come.
He seems to like it here but do we risk him leaving in the off season? If he produces, He'll expect a good payday and may look elsewhere.
Tough choice.

Edited by ClusterChuck