Game 31: Flyers at Sharks; 12/30/31 @ 10:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

13 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Sandstrom is keeping them in it so far. He looks poised. 

I hate i missed this one because i did want to watch him play.

I hope he looked good because he should be backing up Carter Hart next season. If not then they will have to find another to play backup.

Next season he will be subject to waiver and will not pass thru safely i am sure.

We saw a potential line of the future. I think it was Frost, Farabee, and Lindblom, or TK. They looked great. Sandstrom looked poised. If someone wanted Jones as a rental for a seasoned backup, let him go. It's time to play the future team. I hope Morin shows up sooner than later.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

In fairness to ol' Ironman...his game in his own end is as legendary as it always was.

I will admit honestly....i never KNEW how bad it was until now. 

Which leads me to my biggest question HTF did he maintain a streak like that PLAYING like that??

A complete head scratch how this dude as been allowed to dress this many games and plays defense worse than my 10 year old daughter....in fact it think she could have played that shortie better...

...then after watching Sanheim on that OT goal has completely convinced me that Yandle in fact is coaching young Travis puck watch.....Yandle has to go before he does further damage to these young minds still on the team.

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Sandstrom was the main reason it wasn't 5-1 after two periods. 

Well that is some what good news the kid needs to play next season in Philly maybe it will let them flip Jones for something of value at the deadline...

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I will admit honestly....i never KNEW how bad it was until now. 

Which leads me to my biggest question HTF did he maintain a streak like that PLAYING like that??

There's a reason he has the longest streak followed by Phil Kessel...the next time they're involved with contact as an NHLer will be their first.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

A complete head scratch how this dude as been allowed to dress this many games and plays defense worse than my 10 year old daughter....in fact it think she could have played that shortie better...

I'm going to guess Fletcher promised if he signed his valuable streak would stay intact. And is sticking by his guns as he watches his team flounder under the Ironmans ineptitude.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm going to guess Fletcher promised if he signed his valuable streak would stay intact. And is sticking by his guns as he watches his team flounder under the Ironmans ineptitude.

Has to be after watching him play in his end I dare say that ol Erik Gustafsson may be a tad better as I said maybe but as we know that is about as low a bar there is to clear...what a mess we have here.

:BrownBag:

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Has to be after watching him play in his end I dare say that ol Erik Gustafsson may be a tad better as I said maybe but as we know that is about as low a bar there is to clear...what a mess we have here.

:BrownBag:

It's amazing Fletcher brought in both of them!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes i think they have a dart board up with names scribbled on them and that is how they decide who to pursue.......sling a dart and see where it lands...

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Both on manageable one years deals.

Gustavsson was the last piece available after Niskanen wanted nothing more to do with this franchise.

Yandle was supposed to be a cheap 2PP/low minutes guy.

Both of them got played far too much.

And while the acquisition can be debated, there is little doubt that the Ellis injury derailed where this team was hoping to be.

And then we look just across the state and the Pens still don't have Malkin and missed Crosby for most of the first quarter of the season and they're up 7 points on the Flyers with a game in hand...

On 12/31/2021 at 12:20 PM, Howie58 said:

It's time to play the future team

Yup....I'm finally on board. Thank you universe! You've done it.....

BLOW.IT.UP and play the rookies!

Get whatever you can for Hayes, G, JVR....Really anyone over 21 NOT named Carter Hart, tank and draft in the top 5 and lets fix this thing already!!!!!

Listen, I got like 30 years left.... 35 if I'm extremely lucky.

Just one ****** cup flyers....... ONE CUP for 75 years of unwavering support and wearing that HIDDEOUS bright orange all over New England like I'm a ****** traffic Cone!!!!

(Walks away grumbling about Yandle.....)

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:01 PM, radoran said:

And then we look just across the state and the Pens still don't have Malkin and missed Crosby for most of the first quarter of the season and they're up 7 points on the Flyers with a game in hand...

REPORTED......

(Seriously though.... this makes me sick)

8 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Yup....I'm finally on board. Thank you universe! You've done it.....

BLOW.IT.UP and play the rookies!

Get whatever you can for Hayes, G, JVR....Really anyone over 21 NOT named Carter Hart, tank and draft in the top 5 and lets fix this thing already!!!!!

Listen, I got like 30 years left.... 35 if I'm extremely lucky.

Just one ****** cup flyers....... ONE CUP for 75 years of unwavering support and wearing that HIDDEOUS bright orange all over New England like I'm a ****** traffic Cone!!!!

(Walks away grumbling about Yandle.....)

Tank two years in a row and maybe you can get that Connor Bedard kid in 2023.

2 hours ago, Fizz said:

Tank two years in a row and maybe you can get that Connor Bedard kid in 2023.

Not if you lose the lottery, get the 2nd overall pick and go off the board to take Carter Hunter Peckerman, a skilled but, it turns out, fantastically stupid RW, who goes on to never play a game in the NHL. This is the Flyers destiny. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Uggh... 1