2022 NHL Winter Classic: Minnesota Wild vs. St. Louis Blues Official GDT

CreaseAndAssist

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I think I'm getting old. -9 F (-20 Celsius) feels incredibly cold nowadays. It seems no amount of clothing takes the bite away.

It doesn't stop me from cycling to work, though :D

And they even did not mention wind chill. On that evening with the wind chill we had up to -30-35 oF. But we had on Sunday with the wind chill up to -40-45 oF. Too cold.🥶 That Winter Classic game on January 1,2022 , commentators said, went as the most coldest in the NHL history. 

We were there in the upper deck, and it was plenty cold.

In a normal winter I will spend at least 10 days outside in that kind of cold, but that's with bit more movement and sunshine.

NHL kind of screwed up with the night game this year, a little sunshine goes a long way.

A 2 oclock start would have been a lot better.

They must have been remembering the last 3 clasics problem with warmth and sun.

No need to worry about that up here.

• Like 3

A rough game for the players. And now Talbot's injured too, possibly something that would not have happened if the game had not been played in the cold. Hammond coming over. The good news is that Russo states that Boldy and/or Rossi might have a chance to show up now, due to the injuries. We could end up in a lot of bad games, if the guys are not able to raise their game to compensate for the recovering players.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If -9 feels incredibly cold to you, that's because IT IS incredibly freakin cold!
Your age isn't in question here.

And I agree that no amount of burlap I pile on helps!
Granted, I am a born n raised Florida gal, who has lived in Minnesota the last 10+ years or so, and has NOT "gotten used to the cold". I swear people kept telling me I would. I haven't.
And you know what? I don't want to get used to it!

I'm the type of person more than willing to pay extra on my heating and my home is warm n toasty 73-74 degrees at any given time.
Yep, I have had people come into our house and wanting to know what kinds of vegetables we are growing in this greenhouse of ours.
Trying to simulate the Florida climate, I tell them. :bigteeth: 

But no matter who you are, -9 is ^%$damnned cold!

This goes to show how much humans adjust to their childhood climates. You totally adjusted to tropical heat, and I to the arctic cold. I get irritable if it's over 82F (28 Celsius), at which warmth I never stop sweating either. The only place where a human doing nothing is supposed to sweat is a sauna.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With my short but some experience in ice fishing in Minnesota and to be warm outside during such a cold weather  I usually put multiple layers of coats on me and also I am using 2 layers of mittens  instead of gloves. Probably we can use a special thermal clothes too, but I do not have it.

10 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

A rough game for the players. And now Talbot's injured too, possibly something that would not have happened if the game had not been played in the cold. Hammond coming over. The good news is that Russo states that Boldy and/or Rossi might have a chance to show up now, due to the injuries. We could end up in a lot of bad games, if the guys are not able to raise their game to compensate for the recovering players.

It seems we are going to have a huge challenge for the team. The youngsters must to step up as well as Kahkonen too  to start for the team on getting points and wins. 5 losses is enough for them. Winning mentality should prevail above anything else. 

14 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The good news is that Russo states that Boldy and/or Rossi might have a chance to show up now, due to the injuries. 

Those are fantastic news!!!! Both first round picks for the 1st time recalled to the Wild team from Iowa :

• Like 1

Russo mentioned about 30 min. ago that Rask (who has 4 goals;6 assists; +/- +6 in 21 games played this season) was placed on waivers. I would put Gaudreau  there too. 2 goals; 8 assists; +/- -2 in 25 played games with the Wild team.

6 hours ago, Confrontational said:

Sure seem to be a lot more injuries than normal years...  Every week it seems like more and more key players from many teams are getting hurt - is there something that tracks this...? Curious if it's the just teams I pay more attention to or not...  

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but they have a bunch of different years and charts and heat maps and such: NHL Injury Viz

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

It's desperate times for the Wild. A really long list of key players out. We'll have a great opportunity to see how much the addition of Rossi and Beckman will help, and how much responsibility Kahkonen is able to take.

Actually not Beckman but Boldy was recalled. An interesting fact, that most Minnesota TV channels put as main news today in sport of Rossi and Boldy debut for the Wild team next game against Boston. Evason in his interview said that he is planning an opportunity for both players to try in top lines as well as in PP, because our PP results are bad. I am thinking about highest pressure for both players in coming days. TV channels already showed how both players are practicing now. Definitely Minnesota media having an interest to this event. They also said about Greenway who placed on Covid protocol which is for me good news. As soon as most Wild players will go through it as more faster a wider spectrum of antibodies they will get. Better to go through it sooner as possible but not during playoffs time. The most immune for our team are Rossi and Foligno so far.

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Yeah Boldy, my bad, I don't know why I wrote Beckman.

Great to hear they are given a good opportunity. Maybe PP gets better 😁

Beckman is a good hard working prospect too. I am sure he has a nice potential as NHLer for our team. Last fall during a preseason games he placed most goals (4) for the team.

Actually Evason said in his interview to the media that our PP sucks. 😞

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Beckman is a good hard working prospect too. I am sure he has a nice potential as NHLer for our team. Last fall during a preseason games he placed most goals (4) for the team.

Actually Evason said in his interview to the media that our PP sucks. 😞

I heard that interview also. At least he recognizes the problem and not waiting for thing to 'Work out'. 
Glad they're coming up together for some familiarity between the 2 and they've had some decent practice time with the team now.