Wild trade deadline

Tomdog

43 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

IMO with the upcoming cap crunch, cost certainty is going to be more important than player size. They have a 24 year old Jost for one more season at $2M and then he's and RFA when he is 25. The 26 year old Sturm is a UFA after this season when he'll be 27, and there is no guarantee that he would agree to a $2M/year contract. Sturm could point at Jost and say "I have the same stats as him and a way better FO%. I want $3M/year and a NTC or I'm walking".

Besides, this is a fourth line deal. It's not going to catapult this team into Cup contention.

I was just surprized overall and I thought Sturm was a small part of BG's plan.
The cost certainty part does make sense.

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I was just surprized overall and I thought Sturm was a small part of BG's plan.
The cost certainty part does make sense.

Sturm may have been part of BG's plans, but with the team tanking right now, BG's plans may have changed and he's looking to next season already...

• Like 1

While I liked Sturm on the 4th line and I thought his speed would have helped Fiala, pre Boldy, I don’t think he had much more to show us. 
Jost may, or may not, but he will probably cost less and that’s pretty important right now. 

Wild have acquired Nicholas Deslauriers from Anaheim for a 2023 third round pick. Not sure where he plays. Could be more moves coming. Add some size though which I think we need. He was earning $1M this season and is a UFA after this year.

Edited by TallyTigerShark

He usually plays in the left wing. The Wild is adding toughness with a bottom-6 guy playing with heart, never afraid to go to a fight, no matter who's the opponent. He was appreciated during his tenure with the Habs. 

2 minutes ago, Math said:

He usually plays in the left wing. The Wild is adding toughness with a bottom-6 guy playing with heart, never afraid to go to a fight, no matter who's the opponent. He was appreciated during his tenure with the Habs. 

Yeah, I like this move. Our lineup needs some more grit.

16 hours ago, Math said:

We're a bit heavy in LW, but thin on right. Either way, Another bodyguard for Kap and Boldy.

The Minnesota Wild are trading the rights to forward Jack McBain to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for a 2022 second-round pick, reports Daily Faceoff's Frank Seravalli.

The draft pick originally belonged to the Vancouver Canucks. The Coyotes still have four second-rounders in the upcoming draft.

More to come.

Kraken acquire Victor Rask for future considerations

The Seattle Kraken acquired forward Victor Rask from the Minnesota Wild for future considerations. The Wild will retain half of Rask's $4 million salary for the remainder of the season. Rask was immediately assigned to Seattle's farm team, the Charlotte Checkers.

59 minutes ago, TonyOday said:

So why did they take Rask?

Good question. Sounds like Guerin just wanted to give Rask a shot at finishing out the year on an NHL roster. 

I remember when Dumpster Doug Risebrough traded a player (Dominic Moore?) for future considerations and the future considerations ended up being a steak dinner...

• Haha 1

While I wasn't that excited to lose Kahkonen, I am excited that we finaly have a big time GM running things.

I don't think Kahkonen can be compared to Fleury, so I can see why he was moved, San Jose probably didn't want Talbot, and the the return was OK.

Tradeing MC Bain, who probably wasn't going to play for us anyway, turned into the Fleury pick.

So in essence we got Fleury for Mc Bain.

There seems to be something special about the way championship GM's do things.

GM Bill Guerin seems to have that something special. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

I like that he addressed all the weaknesses on the team without spending a 1st rounder or gutting the prospect pool. 

1. Goalie, Flower could be the reason we advance past the first round

2. Dlo taking care of business so the GREEF Line can stay on the ice

3. Mattson so MAYBE we can clear the trash out in front of the net. 

4. Jost could make a push to center the Fiala Boldy Line if not he gives skill to the hotdish line

The team is better after giving up a prospect that wasn't going to stay here, a Center that refused a longer term deal and a Goalie that was streaky and after getting Flower Redundant.