Minnesota Wild @ New York Islanders, Sunday 1-30-22, 6:30pm, UBS Arena

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

We are on EXACTLY the same page.  Now is the time to get them both 'battle tested' before the next two years (wherein they are cheap) when our Cap He77 increases from offloading the dual Boat Anchor contracts.   No need for 'training wheels' in these years, and potential regression from languishing in AHL beneath their skill level for 'quality minutes' of lower level PP and AHL Line 1 🙄

Absolutely agree. It is a wasting valuable time and young energy for them in AHL. Sadly no one is listening us. 😢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

We're lucky to still be leading this one.
Lou nails it again. "They don't pay more for pretty goals" 👍

Lou's lookin a little Long in the Tooth on broadcasts each year 😁  But, he definitely knows his stuff and is more compelling to listen to than; Peacock.jpg.dc5c95b1d39a80af0f01df40907762a4.jpg

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

Absolutely agree. It is a wasting valuable time and young energy for them in AHL. Sadly no one is listening us. 😢

Need an injury or COVID outbreak.  Not a fan of having Rau up, even though he is a 4th line add only.  Just move PU down to 4th and add Rossi to 2nd.  It's not rocket science, as Boldy plays very well with Rossi, as will Fiala.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Need an injury or COVID outbreak.  Not a fan of having Rau up, even though he is a 4th line add only.  Just move PU down to 4th and add Rossi to 2nd.  It's not rocket science, as Boldy plays very well with Rossi, as will Fiala.

Careful what you wish for tho.

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Careful what you wish for tho.

Agreed, but I am expecting the fake pandemic to be over soon (and the overreacting by professional sports leagues to a sniffle positive test) 🙄.  I have some friends that are Docs, we live in the 🙃😒.  Soapbox now abandoned. 😳😁

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

The stats  after 2 periods are our 16 shots vs their 25. They limited us remarkably in our offensive style. Foligno is not playing tonight. I missed his physical play for this game. Is he injured?

Yes undisclosed injury 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

I'm fine with keeping  Gaudreau, Rask ND Dumba as long as they are backups. 

Rau, no.

Rau's sun set many years ago.  He is filler.  PU is receiving much more opportunity than he deserves - my only knock on Evason.  Rask knows his relevance after not being claimed: part-timer that is enjoying his last hefty contract year and will be a league minimum journeyman shortly, moving team-to-team.  Dumba needs his minutes decreased until he gets rid of the gaffe-itis that seems to appear every other game.  I expect Lambos, O'Rourke or Hunt to be in his spot in 1-2 years, and Addison up permanently, as well.  The D needs to become cheaper soon, and with Brodin and Spurgeon, Dumbs must go (unless they move Spurg, which I doubt).  As I said previously, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dumba moved with Talbot for Cap reasons.

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Rau's sun set many years ago.  He is filler.  PU is receiving much more opportunity than he deserves - my only knock on Evason.  Rask knows his relevance after not being claimed: part-timer that is enjoying his last hefty contract year and will be a league minimum journeyman shortly, moving team-to-team.  Dumba needs his minutes decreased until he gets rid of the gaffe-itis that seems to appear every other game.  I expect Lambos, O'Rourke or Hunt to be in his spot in 1-2 years, and Addison up permanently, as well.  The D needs to become cheaper soon, and with Brodin and Spurgeon, Dumbs must go (unless they move Spurg, which I doubt).  As I said previously, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dumba moved with Talbot for Cap reasons.

Oh, I forgot to add that PU does not have the skill to be above line 3 or 4 (4 on a deep and solid team)