"Giroux wins Allstar MVP. That, along with Gritty = better than a CUP" overheard from Flyer mgmt

flyercanuck

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/giroux-captures-2022-all-star-game-mvp-award--philadelphia-flyers/c-330556786?tcid=tw_news_content_id

As a Flyer fan, you might be led to believe Hey, this could raise his trade value. 

But Fletch & co. are more likely to think this is the greatest achievement bestowed upon a Philadelphia Flyer since Bill Barber won Coach of the Year, a few months before he was fired. There's no way we can trade him now. We gotta pay him more than Haysee and JVR, cause they suck. 8X8? 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/giroux-captures-2022-all-star-game-mvp-award--philadelphia-flyers/c-330556786?tcid=tw_news_content_id

As a Flyer fan, you might be led to believe Hey, this could raise his trade value. 

But Fletch & co. are more likely to think this is the greatest achievement bestowed upon a Philadelphia Flyer since Bill Barber won Coach of the Year, a few months before he was fired. There's no way we can trade him now. We gotta pay him more than Haysee and JVR, cause they suck. 8X8? 

Your post is dripping with sarcasm…

Simmonds won the MVP a few years ago (2017) when he was a Flyer.  Look where that got him..  3 teams later…

it’s still going to be Giroux’s choice to stay or go.  

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

"Giroux wins Allstar MVP. That, along with Gritty = better than a CUP" overheard from Flyer mgmt"

The worst part is that's a totally believable headline when your hockey team is owned by an entertainment company.

I've spent more time watching the US women's team this weekend than I have watched of the Flyers for the past 2 weeks, sad but completely true

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sarsippius said:

"Giroux wins Allstar MVP. That, along with Gritty = better than a CUP" overheard from Flyer mgmt"

The worst part is that's a totally believable headline when your hockey team is owned by an entertainment company.

I've spent more time watching the US women's team this weekend than I have watched of the Flyers for the past 2 weeks, sad but completely true

I've spent the same amount of time watching the US womens team over the last 3 months as I have the Flyers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@flyercanuck

Loved the post. Good stuff

Sticking with a "fatalistic pessimist" attitude, isn't this what we have been wanting from Giroux for a long time? I'm happy for him, but it's funny all the comments said about him by all star teammates, are indicative of the things he showed be doing for the Flyers.

9 minutes ago, musky said:

This is nothing ,who  ever is in the right stop wins this, just like john scott did, this is not a real game it,s just become a joke a pond hockey game.

Pretty sure every single person on this board knows this.

• Uggh... 1

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Hey, this could raise his trade value. 

Not with his old roommate in charge now....i won't believe it till i see it.

Good to see him already training a future Flyer draft pick....

:BrownBag:

3 hours ago, sarsippius said:

I haven't watched the Flyers yet in 2022 and that is even after winning two games in a row.

WGAF about this team this year....if they swing some trades and remove some dead weight i may check in on some to see some of the kids if they get a chance to play otherwise i'm just boxscore checking these days.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1