Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers, Sunday 2-20-22, 7:00pm, Rogers Place

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Stat wise, Very outplayed...Glad that stats don't matter.ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Over the long haul, I'd prefer my team consistently get the bulk of the shot attempts, but if the goalies can't stop a beach ball, none of that matters. Also, the chances the Wild have created have been GOOD opportunities. Smith gave up those 4 goals on few shots, but they were 10-bell chances.

ย 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

ย 

Over the long haul, I'd prefer my team consistently get the bulk of the shot attempts, but if the goalies can't stop a beach ball, none of that matters. Also, the chances the Wild have created have been GOOD opportunities. Smith gave up those 4 goals on few shots, but they were 10-bell chances.

ย 

Shots are so overratedย 

3 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Shots are so overratedย 

ย 

They're not all created equal, that's for sure. I'll take a larger volume of shots from outside the perimeter if I can cut off the opposition taking shots in the home plate area. I'll settle for that all day.

ย 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

ย 

They're not all created equal, that's for sure. I'll take a larger volume of shots from outside the perimeter if I can cut off the opposition taking shots in the home plate area. I'll settle for that all day.

ย 

Exactlyย 

7-3 Rout of Edmonton Gives the Minnesota Wild a Bright Spot after a Rough Week

ย 

Certainly not a perfect game, but overall a better effort.ย  The 4th line certainly was better and I liked having Addison in the lineup rather than Jordie Benn.ย  Still, the Wild can't expect to face that level of garbage goaltending too often but I'll be glad to take it when someone is willing to play that poorly in front of us.ย ย 

ย 

Good to see Evason put the 4th line in on the power play towards the end of the game.ย  They deserved it.ย  That too was not just about rewarding them but some message sending for some careless work with the puck in the 3rd period.ย ย 

ย 

I have a game recap, an extended Iowa Wild report I think people should want to check out and prospect updates too!ย  Enjoy!ย ย 

Excellent playing. This is how one manages the rest of the season, whileย playing weaker teams. End the fight in the firstย 10ย  - 15 minutes. After the game is over, there will be less fighting for the puck, less hitting, less injuries, less fatigue. We need everyone as healthy and energetic as possible.

Nice win! We placed 7 goals on 22 shots. All Wild lines were able to produce.ย  Kahkonen stopped 30 shotsย out of their 33.ย  All our fans are the winners in predicting our win!๐Ÿ˜€ Interesting also, all Wild fans predicted the right amount of goals (3) which were placed in our net.ย ย 

• Like 1