Colorado, Minnesota or St Louis

RonJeremy

21 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

So who do we take...Connor Geekie (look...big) or Issac Howard (born and raised...guess where?)

Geekie looks pretty good and there's also a big power left winger from Finland?  I guess the real question is since we haven't hit any homeruns in the draft under Hextall or Schmuck yet, are the GMs really to blame or is it the scouts?  Is it the same scouts from Hexy to Schmuck or is it a whole new dept.

I know Hexy overruled the scouts in drafting Patrick but in general it's the scouts who are reporting back to the GM and they usually have a consensus pick. Schmuck Fletchers trade record might not be that good but his draft picks look promising so far....York, Brink,Attard, Desoyners, etc.

P.S. my definitions of a homerun would be picking a guy who comes up and starts scoring right away and plays top minutes. Guys like Barzal, Makar and Newhook for example.

Or a later round pick who comes in and surprises everyone and  eventually develops into a very good player.

Initially Provorov looked like a homerun pick, later round guys like Hart and Ghost were very good picks, also Allison and Radcliffe are also potentially longer term homerun picks. The deciding factor will be guys like York, Foerester and Brink. These guys eventually  need to become the best players on the team, not complementary players like Konecny and Sanheim .

37 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think Fla is a smoke screen to drive up the price

They want that Ironman back....who wouldn't want that defensive juggernaut back on their side to help guide them to the Cup???

:VeryCool:

22 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well this should certainly help his trade value who WOULDN'T want a leader like this...

#definitelyaplayoffteam 

:BrownBag: