Yandle to be scratched v. Tronno

radoran

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Lol.  There were some of us that she privately told.  I don't think I was the earliest (a couple still on this board knew before me, I think) but among them.   It all came to a head when he was under the gun and, then, ultimately when the Flyers fired him.   In retrospect, probably the wrong move and some of what she said about "management" had some truth to it.    But don't tell her I said that.

well, no, he was a dinosaur whose rep came from the stars during the clutch and grab era, and that approach didn't translate at all to the post lockout call-all-of-the-interferences rules.  he read the game correctly in the late 90s, but refused to update that understanding in the 2000's.  crapping on him was appropriate.

maybe there was management drama, but he was a bad coach for the team and the moment.  i won't feel bad for that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Really what was he handle?

Maker03, right?

i think she was purely philly.com, this was several years before this site.  right after the toronto twins selling their toyotas.  vadersomething and somethingsomething?

and before halibut was a thing.

Xxx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxxx?

Edited by aziz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, aziz said:

Maker03, right?

i think she was purely philly.com, this was several years before this site.  right after the toronto twins selling their toyotas.  vadersomething and somethingsomething?

Oh yeah i remember that name never really discussed much of this and now is the first i am even learning the poster was a girl....the man in me always assumes on a hockey board is a dude until proven otherwise proven different.

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh yeah i remember that name never really discussed much of this and now is the first i am even learning the poster was a girl....the man in me always assumes on a hockey board is a dude until proven otherwise proven different.

oh, that poster was a mystery for as long as they could possibly hold it together.  just abject support for hitch, no matter what.  which got weird at a point, who wouldn't have a problem with how he handled that playoff run in '06 and then the start of the season that fall?  but this poster had none of that, was all someone else's fault.  so, that was weird, and someone figured out what was going on.

how did that actually happen, though?  how did she get twigged as that particular golfer?  who figured that out?  i can't remember.

edit:  ***rux, i know you were "in the know", but how did it wide band?***

edit 2:  wait, you knew?

edit 3:  lol

Edited by aziz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, aziz said:

oh, that poster was a mystery for as long as they could possibly hold it together.  just abject support for hitch, no matter what.  which got weird at a point, who wouldn't have a problem with how he handled that playoff run in '06 and then the start of the season that fall?  but this poster had none of that, was all someone else's fault.  so, that was weird, and someone figured out what was going on.

how did that actually happen, though?  how did she get twigged as that particular golfer?  who figured that out?  i can't remember.

I didn't know till rux said something about it.

5 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

And I was thinking a conversation with a troll would have at least a few tools at their disposal.  Proved me wrong there.  So, well done.  Enjoy that propaganda...

Buddy, your handle in the forum is "FireDillabaugh" and you've been non-stop showing your ass since you've joined up and I'm the troll?

That is laughably weak stick.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

@aziz

Thanks for bringing up themaker03 golden oldie. 

I was a lurker on Philly.com back then, things got pretty wild with Gummy, Vader and Hunglikeaton.

Good times.

the classic of all classic’s…..

xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xx-xxx.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aziz said:

Maker03, right?

and before halibut was a thing.

Xxx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxxx?

Yes left Philly(dot)com well before this site was born.  I think in 2006 or 2007. (God, was it really that long ago?!)

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

But again, like I said, yet another troll with very few tools at their disposal...

Easy there Cowboy and put your six shooter away.  @aziz is a highly respected member here of over 10 years and has been here since the inception if this forum.  Argue the point and not at each other….

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

And calling you a troll isn't any type of attack or insult.

Actually per our guidelines…..

2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. 

and in some circles calling someone a troll can be considered trolling which is covered here:

1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted.

I know you are new here… so as we tell everyone… argue the point not the person.

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aziz said:

Yeah, i knew for a year or maybe two before things got really bad at the end. We chatted quite a bit in pms, and back then you could "sidebar" privately in the chatroom.  Man,  the maker/fanatic and maker/ntp66 fights were epic, though. Some others, too. Though they didn't create the quotables that superfan88 vs. fanatic did.

The part I feel a little bad about is I outed her in a public post and didn't even realize the implications of what I'd said until she called me on it.  She disappeared almost immediately after.

Oh well.

Edited by ruxpin

12 hours ago, aziz said:

just saying, it's a pretty starkly anti-player move with little or no actual upside.  it's gonna put a stink on the team for every player thinking about a move to philly for the next few seasons.  some more than others, of course, but it seems like a pointless self-inflicted injury, especially entering a rebuild of some kind.

making bad moves makes the flyers look bad to fans, true.  even drive them away.  doing things that seem to say they couldn't give a flip about their players, especially specifically ending a chance for a guy to make history, looks bad to other players.  which can harm chances to correct the aforementioned bad moves.  dunno why the team would want that look. 

NHL Players "Hey, did you see the Flyers gave Hayes a $7 Million 7 year contract, and Ristolainen a 5 year $5 million dollar one? I want some of that!" 

"Ya, but remember that time when washed up Yandsie who's shelf life ran out 2 years ago was only allowed to play 67 games of terrible hockey for them, personally costing the team many games, but they didn't let him play even more?  Even though no other team in the entire league would let him play ONE game for them...Screw them, I'd rather go play where they'll actually pay me a lot less...you know...what I'm worth."  

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Man,  the maker/fanatic and maker/ntp66 fights were epic, though. Some others, too. Though they didn't create the quotables that superfan88 vs. fanatic did.

Used to feel bad for NTP...Christ, the abuse that used to (rightfully so ) get hurled around about NTP sr.

Fanatic always came across like the guy waiting in the corner at the bar for someone to look at him so he could say "What are YOU lookin' at?". 

Superfan....LMAO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Used to feel bad for NTP...Christ, the abuse that used to (rightfully so ) get hurled around about NTP sr.

Still in constant contact and good friends with him. I'd feel bad if he wasn't such a jerk (jr, not sr.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

NHL Players "Hey, did you see the Flyers gave Hayes a $7 Million 7 year contract, and Ristolainen a 5 year $5 million dollar one? I want some of that!" 

"Ya, but remember that time when washed up Yandsie who's shelf life ran out 2 years ago was only allowed to play 67 games of terrible hockey for them, personally costing the team many games, but they didn't let him play even more?  Even though no other team in the entire league would let him play ONE game for them...Screw them, I'd rather go play where they'll actually pay me a lot less...you know...what I'm worth."  

ok, when you put it that way, fair point.  lol

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

bad team D absolutely correct, but they haven't been scoring like this in years. They've beaten some good teams too and are in all these games. Their attitude and team play has changed. I don't want to go on and on about Buffalo but my point is this:

They tore it down, dumped the stars, started over, and they are on the rise with a ton of prospects and picks (some of them ours). We made poor trades, have few picks and prospects, seem directionless, have some bad veteran contracts and are likely on the way down. We should have started a full tear down at the deadline and carried on with that into the draft. 

I will predict here that next season they, the former joke of the league, will be much better than us, and we will be bad for quite a while. 

I don't want this to be true,  but I can't help but think you're hitting all the nails on all the heads.

• Like 3