Flyers getting physical vs Jets

Guest Navyhockey

Coming out of that time out, they really started to pick up the hitting, which ultimately led to a goal. With a bigger lineup, we need to do this more often. Also, the first man forecheck needs to go hard into the offensive zone on the dumps. It makes teams cough the puck up, and with our speed, we can turn that into goals. We're not going to win games 1-0, so it's time to go full throttle and win 5-3 games more often.

About the forecheck, I've really started to notice as of late that the forward is rather lazy going in. Other teams pressure our D into turnovers, and I think the Flyers should try the same strategy sometimes. With the Flyers' roster speed, it could work really well.

Offensive pressure is awesome, a couple of ugly t/o's in the defensive zone. I really question Lavy? How does he prepare these guys for a game? There was some lackluster play out there for a bit in the first period, even Bryz looked a little groggy, jk. But Bryz showed some battle tonight, still lacks focus at times, but he looked sharp on that glove save tonight, looked confident making the save, haven't seen that confidence for awhile. I hope they let Carle walk or trade him by the deadline, not worth the raise he will be seeking.

I was at the game tonight. The crowd was all over Bryz and rightfully so. He was absolutely terrible. The Byfuglien goal was ridiculous and the Kane goal even worse. He really does need to go. On the positive, we should have scored 10 on Pavelic. We deserved every bit of the 2 points.

I was at the game tonight. The crowd was all over Bryz and rightfully so. He was absolutely terrible. The Byfuglien goal was ridiculous and the Kane goal even worse. He really does need to go. On the positive, we should have scored 10 on Pavelic. We deserved every bit of the 2 points.

The scary thing is, that wasn't even a home game.

The atmosphere is crazy there. Very loud and knowledgable too. Winnipeggers here have a problem with Bryz because of the comments he said about Winnipeg when he still a Coyote. This was my last straw tonight regarding Bryz. Those 2 goals were beyond awful. There was a pretty loud cheer though when Jagr got hat one in OT. A lot of us in the Orange and Black.

• Like 1

Jagr was incredible tonight, even if you discount his game winner (and I don't!)

If Bryzgalov didn't give up those two softies, we wouldn't be celebrating Simmonds' last second goal and Jagr's NHL record 16 OT game winners.

Thanks, Bryz!

@TedZep - yeah, call me sick, but I'm almost happier with the way the game went/ended. That Simmonds goal with 9.7 seconds, followed by Jagr's record setting goal towards the end of overtime were awesome to watch. Not good for my heart, but really exciting. One of the most exciting games all season. Definitely got my money's worth on that game. So, maybe we SHOULD be thanking Bryz. He makes it interesting to say the least.

@OH1FlyersFan - don't you think 'Peg would be an entertaining 1st round matchup with us as 6 seed road dogs.? Usually Briere saves this gear for April. Jagr should be gassed by then and opting-out of Lav's system next year. Bryz is a beat behind the play, but the goalie can only be as good as his last save, right?

Coming out of that time out, they really started to pick up the hitting, which ultimately led to a goal. With a bigger lineup, we need to do this more often. Also, the first man forecheck needs to go hard into the offensive zone on the dumps. It makes teams cough the puck up, and with our speed, we can turn that into goals. We're not going to win games 1-0, so it's time to go full throttle and win 5-3 games more often.

I think overall this season the Flyers have been consistently physical..Jets are usually physical also so this game was no surprise..

I watched it on Center Ice and was joining the Jets fans getting on Bryz from my living room! Ha. It sounded really loud there.

The Jets fans pissed me off actually. Its ok for me to make fun of our boy and jeer him, but he's still one of ours and I dislike anyone else's fans doing it. They can suck it because we won.

Bryz is a dud, but he's still our dud.

I think overall this season the Flyers have been consistently physical..Jets are usually physical also so this game was no surprise..

I would have to disagree there. I don't think the Flyers have been nearly as physical as they have been in the past. I know that's tough to judge since it's a different style, but I think even for the system they play in, they don't hit nearly enough. We get pushed around by teams like Boston and NY.

I would have to disagree there. I don't think the Flyers have been nearly as physical as they have been in the past. I know that's tough to judge since it's a different style, but I think even for the system they play in, they don't hit nearly enough. We get pushed around by teams like Boston and NY.

Or they bump and call it a day. You're totally right, the Flyers *need* to finish their checks. It's exactly the reason Sestito and Rinaldo stuck on Lavy's roster.

For that matter, why not dump, crash, and chase? Why not step up into slower-moving skaters crossing the blue line once in a while?

Sixers forum is that way ---->

Skank...skank...bumpitup bumpitup

I would have to agree with your disagree, the Flyers have been letting teams skate by and not have to puzzyfoote through our trensches, that might change at least in our crease, but call out to Hartsy, Simmer, Schenner,Reemer, Vorcy,Coby,and I;m forgetting one or two more that should pick up the hitting, the rest can just take the player off the puck...MAKE it hard for the other teams to play us make them look at the sheh-dual and sigh everytime they have to face us.....don't make it easy, I remember we use to win games that way by breaking their spirits, demoralizing them...take away the momentum.