Deadline Day Thread

Guest brelic

Something is cooking and cooking hot. Just heard from someone I know Homer and his team has been actively on the phone basically since 7 AM, mainly with 3 teams: Colorado, Vancouver and Columbus. A 3-way deal is a real possibility. Edmonton and Tampa are also mentioned. No furtehr details but stay tuned.

What is Philly after? Schneider?

Something is cooking and cooking hot. Just heard from someone I know Homer and his team has been actively on the phone basically since 7 AM, mainly with 3 teams: Colorado, Vancouver and Columbus. A 3-way deal is a real possibility. Edmonton and Tampa are also mentioned. No furtehr details but stay tuned.

My only question is what the crap we'd want from those teams. Obviously, Vancouver has Schneider, Colorado... all I can think of is Giguere, and Columbus, we're not going for Nash I don't think, and Mason's pretty terrible. Pahlsson, maaaybe?

Anyone have ideas?

My only question is what the crap we'd want from those teams. Obviously, Vancouver has Schneider, Colorado... all I can think of is Giguere, and Columbus, we're not going for Nash I don't think, and Mason's pretty terrible. Pahlsson, maaaybe?

Anyone have ideas?

I have no clue, but if I would have to guess, I would think the Flyers are after a goalie (JSG, Mason, etc.). I honestly don't think they are interested in upgrading the forward position. Of course, depending on what player gets moved to *get* a goalie (unless it's either Bryz or Bob), they would probably give up a roster player, which will make them wanna get a skater back in the deal (I would think). Who really knows... Frankly, I don't know if anything significant will happen.

Anyone have ideas?

Sammy Pahlsson (sp.?) was a huge part of that Cup-winning Ducks team. Not sure if he has much left in the tank, though.

Nashville has been the most active and I would say, they have improved teh most. They already had good goaltending and D, and with addition of Kositsyn and Goustad, they have addressed offense, at least on paper. What does this translate to the ice - we shall see.

So who in the East got better ??

i'd say the devils picking up that zidlicky, not sure about the Broons or the Rags, i know the Rangers got J Scott from Chicago, i don't know how that helps them except for depth...

the Broons got a lot of defenseman, rolston, zanon and someone i've never heard of Mottau, i wonder what's going on there ? Boychuck still out ?