2022-23 HF.net Fantasy Hockey League (FHL) - All Star / Conn Smythe

pilldoc

Are you interested in participating in Fantasy Hockey League (FHL)?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. If you participated in the HF.net FHL "LAST" year, do you plan on participating this year.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. If you have "NEVER PARTICIPATED" in the HF.net FHL, would you like to join this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure / need more info

Good Morning,

As the calendar will soon turn to the start of August it is once again that time for many us to be thinking about one of our favorite past times in the hockey world …. Fantasy Hockey Leagues (FHL).

Hopefully the woes of COVID affecting the past 3 FHL seasons are behind us and we will once again have a normal season.

I am asking that you sign up by Monday, September 20th as it takes time for me to coordinate all the teams and getting them set up.

The league plans to return to its normal October-to-April scheduling, a full 82-game regular season with a target date of October 12 for opening night, but this is contingent on the COVID-19 pandemic and the Government of Canada reducing its COVID-19 cross-border travel restrictions

The HF.net Fantasy League is now open for sign-ups.  Our “FREE” FHL is currently a two (2) Tier League.

• Tier 1 = All Star League. This League is by invite only by finishing top 6 in last years All Star League and finishing top 6 in last year’s Tier 2 Bantam League (Conn Smythe League).
  • Tier 2 = Bantam League.  The Bantam League will be comprise of at least one (1) team known as the Conn Smythe League.  If needed, a second Bantam League known as the Jack Adams League will be added.  Both of these Leagues are open to everyone.  No experience is required. 

I will be sending out both PM’s and e-mails to those who participated last year inquiring to your desire to participate this year or not.

I am also highly encouraging our new members to participate.  We would love to have many of you join our League.  We have a wonderful FHL and you will be a great addition to our league.

We will be using the same format as last year with YAHOO as our FHL platform. 

It will again be a Head-to-Head: Categories type FHL. In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another fantasy team to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.  This again will be a DAILY roster setting league.

The roster will remain the same as last year.  It was suggested 2 years ago that we drop a d-man slot and add a utility position.  Therefore this change will remain in effect for the upcoming season.

Roster Size will consist of a total of 21 players with the starting line-up of 16 players. That leaves 4 for the bench and  2 spots for players on IR when needed. The breakdown for the roster is as follows:  

• Centers = 3 / Left Wing = 3 / Right Wing = 3 / D-men = 4 / Utility Player = 1
  • Goalie = 2 
  • Bench = 4 (forwards, defenseman or a goalie)
  • IR+ (if needed) = 3  (IR+ means if a player is day to day you can put them on IR)
  • We added an additional IR / N/A spot due to COVID issues.

Last year we expanded  the rosters do to COVID issues.  This will not change and will remain the same as last season.

The scoring categories have NOT changed and WILL REMAIN THE SAME as last year.

The top 6 teams will advance to the playoffs.  This has not changed.

As in the past  years the President's Trophy Winner for all the Leagues (the GM who has the most points at the end of the regular season) will automatically be invited into the All Star League for the following year regardless how they fair in the playoffs.

A draft date and time has not been determined yet and will be announced as soon as possible.

(I would expect a potential Draft to be held sometime during the week of Oct. 4th)

I will be listing/sending out invites to the ALL STAR League as soon as YAHOO opens up the Fantasy Hockey Leagues on their platform.

Please send a PM to me if you are interested in participating this year along with signing up in the poll above.

thank you!

~pilldoc

HF.net FHL League Commissioner

Edited by pilldoc