Who will be the Flyer's 19th team Captain?

Who will be the Flyer's 19th team Captain?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Flyer's 19th team Captain?

• Sean Couturier
    • Ivan Provorov
    • Travis Sanheim
    • Travis Konecny
    • Cam Atkinson
    • Kevin Hayes
    • Scott Laughton
    • James Van Riemsdyk
    • Rasmus Ristolainen
    • Joel Farabee
    • Other

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Running for office.

Fcu7VrZX0AEN_aq.jpg.b537c40fa1c04f9d6e90e11b18e040b8.jpg

He has my vote so far. Coots your serve.

Gonna need more than a sound bite quote for me. Playing hard is great, but they're still stuck in quicksand with this roster. I can play super hard too, but I'm not going to be winning NHL games no matter how hard I try. The title of captain is remarkably overblown. But I suppose we have very little to cling to right now as it is. It's something?

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Gonna need more than a sound bite quote for me.

You had it last year he was the leading goal scorer till he got hurt the last couple games and JVR in his effort to fcuk up the draft pick passed him.

Guy brought it every game I watched him in and is the size of my 11 year old daughter he gets it from me till I see anything otherwise. Feel free to do what you want.

I knew someone was going to take that as just because what he said and run with it.

This place is hilarious...

:beer:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Not saying he isn't captain material, because I'm not in the room, don't see the player or leader he might be, and don't know him to know if he's the type of personality to be a leade

so are there players on this team you do know? Maybe someone who's personality you have direct knowledge of? Are you in the room at other times, gaining information that allows you to evaluate other players more in depth?

Edited by pilldoc

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The best player on the team doesn't have to always be Captain though....

i thought the only requirement to be captain was to get fans to "like what he brings", or being "good in the room" .....assuming you have first hand knowledge of this

58 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You had it last year he was the leading goal scorer till he got hurt the last couple games and JVR in his effort to fcuk up the draft pick passed him.

Guy brought it every game I watched him in and is the size of my 11 year old daughter he gets it from me till I see anything otherwise. Feel free to do what you want.

I knew someone was going to take that as just because what he said and run with it.

and predictable :poke:

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Forgive me if I wrote that in a way that bothered you or anyone else. That wasn’t my intent.

I just meant to say talking about playing hard doesn’t mean very much to me. It’s just fluff language with no substance, and literally anyone could have spouted that talking point.

And on a literal level, I don’t subscribe to the idea this team has sucked because they haven’t been trying. That doesn’t line up for me. It’s far more logical—and frankly obvious at this point—that the players we currently have are not good enough to compete in this league. We need more talented players, including proper elite players.

Again, i can work harder too, but no amount of me working harder is going to win NHL games. To me, reducing the problems this team has to just effort feels like fan service distracting from the bigger issue. 

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 3
  • Good Post 1

5 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

But, he also showed times where he was simply disinterested and floating.

Well you just described every dude on the team.

So from what I saw Cam lead by example till someone shows me otherwise he has my vote.

Coots will have a chance to prove himself but I am cool with whoever the team selects.

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

and predictable :poke:

BINGO!!!

10 hours ago, elmatus said:

Forgive me if I wrote that in a way that bothered you or anyone else. That wasn’t my intent.

You're fine no worries.

And I agree with your post it is just talk but it has to start there you have to own it and then go prove it.

Just this comment along with other comments I seen from him seem to not make excuses like the previous Captain loved to do skirting questions and not wanting to own a lot of the issues plaguing this team.

There are many things that go into making a good Captain and I have always like his game and just with comments I've seen about Cam being disinterested and floating, that is every player on the team and many many throughout the NHL and sports in general.

But it's the amount of time doing it that should be the issue.

And once again I'm only speaking for myself Cam embodies what I want in my Captain.

And we'll I am good with hearing anyone else's opinion of who they think it should be.

Hell I'm even good if Noah Cates makes the damn team and they give it to him he has two years experience being the Captain of UMD while in college.

Who ever it is the team should select him I think.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I still want a scrub for a captain. Let the good players focus on playing because this is gig to be a rough season. Letting a guy like Jackson Cates be the captain means the top guys aren't burdened or bogged down by what wearing the C means. 

I don't see Jackson making the team but I do see his brother making it. I like his game and he impressed the hell out of me the little bit I saw towards the end last year.

He has two years of experience at UMD doing so and he play a nice game that suits what the Flyers are trying to bring.

He is a lunch pail type who is solid in his own end and I think will be a Torts favorite.

Good size 6-2 195 and isn't afraid to use it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

so are there players on this team you do know? Maybe someone who's personality you have direct knowledge of? Are you in the room at other times, gaining information that allows you to evaluate other players more in depth?

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Already answered on the first page of posts...

As I said then, I don't feel a captain should be chosen until those actual leaders among the lineup show they are leaders that the players recognize, and allow them to appoint those leaders when that happens.  If that takes the entire season, so be it.  But, it does need to be left for the players alone to choose.  Doesn't matter how much money they make, how long they've played in the league, how many points they produce or what propaganda they recite to microphones

7 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Not saying he isn't captain material, because I'm not in the room, don't see the player or leader he might be, and don't know him to know if he's the type of personality to be a leader.

So simple answer is "NO". You're not in the room. You don't know any of these players personally, so you can't judge a player by first hand knowledge of his personality. You, like all of us, have to base your opinions off the same information. You just package it differently to suggest an air of superiority. Ok, that's your schtick.  Carry on

Nice redirection, though. If I had that talent I would be working in the White House

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Don't think the C should just be given to anyone just for the sake of giving the C to a player.

Agree 100% on this…. Not every player is Captain material…. And that’s Ok.

I want a Captain who will actually hold players accountable and if that player is currently not on the roster, then so be it.

• Like 1

We can eliminate Couturier. According to Anthony San Philippo, dude has a herniated did in his back and he's going to miss the season. Two years in a row with a major back injury. He's done. I love Coots, but even if he comes back from this, he'll never be the same player. This tank is going to be ****** spectacular. 

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

We can eliminate Couturier. According to Anthony San Philippo, dude has a herniated did in his back and he's going to miss the season. Two years in a row with a major back injury. He's done. I love Coots, but even if he comes back from this, he'll never be the same player. This tank is going to be ****** spectacular. 

are you serious??? Coots to miss season again. Been out almost all day. Just catching up on news now…..

According to multiple team sources, Crossing Broad has learned that star center Sean Couturier will miss significant time to start the season after suffering a herniated disc in his back during strength and conditioning drills last week.

The entire Flyers medical staff needs to disappear….How the hell does tbis even happen????

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

I'm just gonna go into a hockey coma for about 5 years. By then they might still suck but it'll be with a new group of players I don't hate

Worked for a few seasons back around 1990, and ended when 88 arrived

Cynic

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Looks like they have a plan...

:Eagles:

Well there goes my hope that Torts is competent. If Laughton is the plan, its time to find another sport to watch. I hear Cricket is popular

• Haha 1