2022-23 HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - In Season Discussion Thread

pilldoc

I feel like Malkin taking 18 minutes of penalties has clinched this for me. I had to run and check if he was getting suspended for something when i saw 18 minutes of penlties, but no, apparently he took 4 minors and then chirped the ref and got 10

19 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Last night I was leading Dumba in all stars, 12-5, benched Saros to preserve my 2.01 GAA and 94.1%sv satisfied and turned around and looked before I went to bed. He picked up Lyon and he pitched a shutout and then Verheage and Pasternak both had 4 and 3 goals. Next thing you know I am losing 8-9.....It was 10:45pm when i went to bed and the Sharks Arizona game was starting and he had also picked up Prosvetov vs the Sharks. I kept watching and refreshing to see if he was awake and realizing he could bench Prosvetov and win easily. I crossed my fingers when I saw he did not bench the Arizona goalie and then fell into a fitful sleep. Woke up and the Sharks had won 7-2 and he let in all 7, no empty netters.

Today im in a bind, winning 10-6, but barely as he only need 3 assists, 1 PPG, 1 PPA or a goalie win to flip. Our goalie cats are tied 2 wins, 2 losses each. Im winning GAA and SV% but he is winning saves by 16 and SO. He has Kuemper, I have hellebuyck. I doubt I can catch him in saves unless Hellebuyck makes a 50 save performance....vs New jersey. If he flips 2 categories, im toast. tie goes to Dumba since he has a better regular season record vs me. on the bright side, Kuemper plays at 2pm, Hellebuyck at 8pm, so I get to at least see if I need to roll him.

See you in the finals, not gonna lie I was rooting for dumba because I match up better and Hellboy has something to play for and won't be rested in the 12 day 'week'. Good luck my friend, here again, going for one for the thumb ....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

See you in the finals, not gonna lie I was rooting for dumba because I match up better and Hellboy has something to play for and won't be rested in the 12 day 'week'. Good luck my friend, here again, going for one for the thumb ....

Congratz on kicking my arse in Cup Quest in your first year and making the finals lol. im rooting for you there

here, I am hoping the law of averages kicks in and I can beat you for the first time this year! But good luck! May both of our teams shine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Congratz on kicking my arse in Cup Quest in your first year and making the finals lol. im rooting for you there

here, I am hoping the law of averages kicks in and I can beat you for the first time this year! But good luck! May both of our teams shine!

Cupquest is one hell of a tough league, subtle differences between that and sweet 16. I knew our match would go to the wire, I wrote faceoffs off early and went hits-blocks and still split those two with you. Only reason I won was scoring which is never a strength of my teams. That and two very unexpected goalie shutouts Saturday night 

I like the concept of Consolation bracket (I'd say Loser bracket). You can still go on playing with less pressure and add some noise for the Championship teams by stealing them some streams lol.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Im getting my arse kicked, but the score is still 7-9 lol

My team forgot how to score this week. And watching my D squad go down injured with only 1 move left sucks considering we are so close in hits and blocks lol

Im considering gambling and starting carter hart tonight. Benching Saros in hopes Saros looks like crap(Rad is carrying him in NAHANA too)

in fact, as i said it, im going for it. Splitting wins just ties me in that category. I need to flip Wins and GAA and get a shorthanded point to make a fight of this

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Congratz @yave1964on yet another chanpionship. Oh how i tried and for a brief day i thought it was possible to catch ya and repeat 2018 lol

Man this one was so freaking close, all but a scant few cats could have went either way and both of us had absolutely fantastic goaltending almost every night. 

One for the thumb. Five in a row in this league. Gotta admit it is a good feeling building my teams off god players and role players and not superstars. Shester/Georgiev were as close to Superstar status that my team ever has and my goaltending was good but not great in the finals, i was carried through by my usual Trouba/Eller/Meier/Hyman/Pietrangelo types, guys who all serve an exact purpose. Have to admit it was much more difficultwith the smaller roster but a lot of fun this year. congrats to @J0e Th0rnton for another great year as well. Looking forward to next season.

• Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen, it was a pleasure.

Congratulations to Mr. Mastermind @yave1964 for his win. Figuring deals with you was fun, even though it cost me some extra hours and brain evaporation lol.

Also, thanks a lot to the commish @pilldoc for running the League and for the WC spot, as well as your responsiveness to my question. Also, thank you very much @TropicalFruitGirl26 for the coaching and for answering my questions as well. That was much appreciated ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Math said:

Congratulations to Mr. Mastermind @yave1964 for his win. Figuring deals with you was fun, even though it cost me some extra hours and brain evaporation lol.

Also, thanks a lot to the commish @pilldoc for running the League and for the WC spot, as well as your responsiveness to my question. Also, thank you very much @TropicalFruitGirl26 for the coaching and for answering my questions as well. That was much appreciated ! 

You are welcome! So glad you had fun and it was an enjoyable experience for you.  You should feel good about how well you did for your first year.  Hope to see you next year!

~doc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Math said:

Glad you enjoyed your inaugural season!

Please re-up with us next year!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 10:19 AM, Math said:

Definitely !

Sophomore year ahead ! \o/

I literally had one loss all year and it was to the new guy, lol. 25-1 weekly record, you spoiled my perfect season, looking forward to when the schedule comes out to circle our first matchup in red sharpie lol. Seriously, great year, gutsy move dealing kucherov for samsonov, you were bleeding goalie cats until then, after that you caught fire.

21 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Seriously, great year, gutsy move dealing kucherov for samsonov,

I needed scoring and had goalie cats to give ..... I would do that trade again if in same situation .....

• Like 1

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS YEAR!

It was a slightly different format than in past years.  Having 16 teams was certainly a challenge.  I would like to keep the same format for next year.

Congrats to @yave1964 who again brings home the gold!

Here are the final standings 2022-23 Season....

image.png.ae1dfdf1afedad15dd59d0e1b871889a.png

So the draft will be a bit different than in previous years.  We are going more NHL style and invert the draft order based on finish.  This will only affect 1st through 8th.  Obviously with Dave being the Champion, he will draft 16th. @J0e Th0rntonis runner up and will draft 15th, etc ......

The 8 GMs who did not make the playoffs will have a certain # of weighted balls to determine draft order via this link: https://www.fantasydraftlottery.com/draftResults.html

image.png.65de075ae3fabe06b4a009bd8ae5c482.png

the number of balls I used came from the NHL Tankathon and I just rounded up

image.png.dc26ee4445a4548c64e8ed610f1a5fe4.png   (Obviously disregard the NHL teams)

The final result is this .......

image.png.3c4531dda4863decc0018444cd8b6c6b.png

since I had a hard time finding GM's this year, everyone is invited back.  If you do not want to participate next year, please let me know.

Again ...thanks for a great year!

~doc

Edited by pilldoc

21 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

It was a slightly different format than in past years.  Having 16 teams was certainly a challenge.  I would like to keep the same format for next year.

So the draft will be a bit different than in previous years.  We are going more NHL style and invert the draft order based on finish.  This will only affect 1st through 8th.  Obviously with Dave being the Champion, he will draft 16th. @J0e Th0rntonis runner up and will draft 15th, etc ......

The 8 GMs who did not make the playoffs will have a certain # of weighted balls to determine draft order via this link: https://www.fantasydraftlottery.com/draftResults.html

image.png.dc26ee4445a4548c64e8ed610f1a5fe4.png   (Obviously disregard the NHL teams)

since I had a hard time finding GM's this year, everyone is invited back.  If you do not want to participate next year, please let me know.

~doc

I get hosed  lol

Drafted 13th this year in our first random draft and by finishing 2nd, I now draft 2nd last at 15th 😅

Fortunately,  I love challenges!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pilldoc said:

~doc

Wow, I get the first pick.  Obviously I'll pick McDavid and he'll be on and off IR the entire year.

As a suggestion for next year, Dave should not be allowed to participate the draft.  He should have to build his entire team off the scraps on the waiver wire.  The frigging guy will win the league again anyway.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, molonosoff said:

As a suggestion for next year, Dave should not be allowed to participate the draft.  He should have to build his entire team off the scraps on the waiver wire.  The frigging guy will win the league again anyway.

now that would be a challenge….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molonosoff said:

The bolded is dead-on accurate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

now that would be a challenge….

Damn, I might take that challenge.... Probably get my tail handed to me but would be fun to see. I think I'm a 12 team league I might not embarrass myself too much but 16 teams might be too much of a stretch, especially in net, lol. 

One last comment about this season and I will put a pin in it. @J0e Th0rnton my arch nemesis and I played each other a record four times, I bested him in all four by tiny amounts beating him by a combined eight points. I can honestly see Koji banging his Head against a wall, lol. He had a hell of a year and a hell of a team and truthfully if we had played in either the first or second round he might have beat me, although facing him my seven moves would have been used differently and especially the first round I would have used the last two weeks worth of moves to face him. But seriously overall this was the best year I ever had and still barely snuck past an incredible team. Lots of respect for a great owner who is always right there in every league at the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Damn, I might take that challenge.... Probably get my tail handed to me but would be fun to see. I think I'm a 12 team league I might not embarrass myself too much but 16 teams might be too much of a stretch, especially in net, lol.

C'mon, I'm picking fourth. You know I'm good for trading you a starter for a 1978 Field & Stream magazine.

• Haha 2