Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread 2022-23

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, to be fair, the "no Cups" thing can attributed to maybe Minnesota isn't the State of NHL...yet...but, State of Hockey?
Sure.
With interest and hockey roots all the way from the professional level all the way down elementary school and even the frozen streets and ponds where kids just slap a hard object around into trash cans.

Minnesota is one of the top, if not the top state in the US for the sport.

I was born n raised in Florida and I followed the Lightning real closely, participated in street ball hockey, played in pseudo in-door ice hockey games (albeit no contact), but all those things were more novelties to the average fan down there.

Once I moved to Minnesota, I was shocked to see how that 'weird sport' that this Florida gal liked in her warm state was EVERYWHERE in this one!

So yea.
Writers can hammer on the Wild for not getting a Cup yet....that is fair.
But the state of Minnesota itself not being the State of Hockey? They must be running out of material if they believe that....

Nice detailed answer. I just wanted to see our forum fans reaction on that question. ☺

5 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Nice detailed answer. I just wanted to see our forum fans reaction on that question. ☺

Hey, I may not care for Minnesota winters, and prefer my tank tops and sandals over my heavy coat and furry boots, but I'll take hockey over soccer and even baseball (my number two liked sport) any time!  :) 

Wild deep. No longer need journeymen and seventh defenseman to fill out fourth line.

Healthy, could enter playoffs like this: on

Kaprisov-Hartman-Zuccarello

Johannson-EricksonEk-Boldy

Foligno-Gadreau-Sundquist

Duhaime-Nyquist-Reaves

Middleton-Spurgeon

Brodin-Klingberg

Goligiski-Dumba

Fleury

Gustaffson

Spares: Steel, Dewar, Shaw, Merrill, Addison.

Honestly I know Nyquist and the others have been around longer, but with the way Dewar and Shaw kill penalties I don’t think I would put them in the pressbox. 
I think for the most part you you go with who got you there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

Honestly I know Nyquist and the others have been around longer, but with the way Dewar and Shaw kill penalties I don’t think I would put them in the pressbox. 
I think for the most part you you go with who got you there. 

I’m with you. Those 2 have a chance to score every time they are out there killing penalties. Shaw is all about the team. Love that guy 

• Like 2

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey

Filip Gustavsson starts tomorrow for #mnwild. Calen Addison plays tomorrow with the Wild PP suddenly god-awful (my description, not Evason’s), Jon Merrill scratched.

John Klingberg (upper body) is out tomorrow. Seeing the docs today. Kirill Kaprizov still not skating and not expected to be on next road trip to even practice, so he’s not close.

I would like to add to Michael Russo info, that I listened Kaprizov's recent interview 2 days ago. Hopefully he will be ready to play at the playoffs time or maybe he will play a couple games of regular season before the playoffs because doctors do not want to aggravate his injury at this crucial time of the season. He was sad that his goal of 50 goals for this season unfortunately, will not happen. But he was happy with how the team was playing so far without him and able to produce. The commentator asked him what one single record he did for the team and for himself this season. He said "probably a natural hat trick". The answer was right, because he produced all 3 and only goals for the team including OT winner in that game. They said that about 5 players were able to do this in NHL history and among Russian players he is the 1st one.

• Like 1

Yes, @ClusterChuck as it stands now....Kraken would be at Dallas.

Would be nice if Minnesota could win the division and avoid Colorado at least for the first round. They likely gotta get through them anyways if they want to get to the West Finals, but better to face first timers Seattle or the Jets in the first round rather than the defending champions.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yes, @ClusterChuck as it stands now....Kraken would be at Dallas.

Would be nice if Minnesota could win the division and avoid Colorado at least for the first round. They likely gotta get through them anyways if they want to get to the West Finals, but better to face first timers Seattle or the Jets in the first round rather than the defending champions.

Thank You.
I agree, Av's are the threat now, Not Dallas.
This format is similar to the 1-8, 2-7, but the exception which I don't like is the 2nd and 3rd place teams in each division play each other. Odds are it's going to be one of about 3 teams year after year.
Division play sets the standings but Imo, The Conferences should be open for matchups between the divisions (like before) I want to play other teams and see more variety.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Thank You.
This format is similar to the 1-8, 2-7, but the exception which I don't like is the 2nd and 3rd place teams in each division play each other. Odds are it's going to be one of about 3 teams year after year.
Division play sets the standings but Imo, The Conferences should be open for matchups between the divisions (like before) I want to play other teams and see more variety.

Yes, I've voiced my opinion on playoff format all over this site on various threads if it comes up:
I prefer the Conference 1-8 seedings, with division winners being sat at 1 and 2.

You get the better matchups as the playoffs go on (usually), like you said, more variety in match ups, and rivalries are born more naturally that way too, rather than the forced way the NHL tries to do it now.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Thank You.

Like we did against Chicago team few seasons in a row.

21 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yes, I've voiced my opinion on playoff format all over this site on various threads if it comes up:
I prefer the Conference 1-8 seedings, with division winners being sat at 1 and 2.

You get the better matchups as the playoffs go on (usually), like you said, more variety in match ups, and rivalries are born more naturally that way too, rather than the forced way the NHL tries to do it now.

Same opinion here, and I guess it's what most of the people want here. Even Crosby went out publicly in favor to go back to the old format and he's one of the players that has the most influence in the League, if this could help... Creating artificial rivalries with the current scheme is dumb and having 100+ points teams facing each other in the first round doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

At least for Yesterday and today in 1st place.
I really didn't think I'd see this during the season as I'm glad I was proven wrong when I claimed they's pretty much conceded the Division with how they played the Stars terribly back on Feb 8th.
Dallas only has 2 games vs PO  teams and we have 6 but I think the Av's are going to bypass them both for 1st.
Prove me wrong again please...😁

1st  place 2023.JPG

• Good Post 1