Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread 2022-23

On 3/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, ClusterChuck said:

At least for Yesterday and today in 1st place.
I really didn't think I'd see this during the season as I'm glad I was proven wrong when I claimed they's pretty much conceded the Division with how they played the Stars terribly back on Feb 8th.
Dallas only has 2 games vs PO  teams and we have 6 but I think the Av's are going to bypass them both for 1st.
Prove me wrong again please...😁

1st  place 2023.JPG

I agree. Av's is going to win a Central Division. They have 7 more games and only 3 games vs PO teams. 

It seems we are going to play against Dallas team during the 1st playoffs round.

And regarding Mason Shaw status:

Joe Smith

@JoeSmithNHL

5h.

Mason Shaw has a fourth ACL surgery to go through, an 8-9 month rehab. But the winger won’t have to worry about his future w #mnwild as pending RFA. “You don’t want to let go of guys like that,” Bill Guerin said. Our story on future of ‘heart and souler.”

19 hours ago, Alexandron said:

It seems we are going to play against Dallas team during the 1st playoffs round.

Maybe so, But the Av's don't have exactly an easy final 6 games.
Sharks, Kings, Ducks....Kings chasing VGK along with Oilers for 1st, Both only 3 pts back of VGK.
Oilers, Jets and Preds...Jets and Preds battling for a PO spot.

Currently 3 way tie for 1st but Av's have that game in hand.

Edited by ClusterChuck

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Currently 3 way tie for 1st but Av's have that game in hand.

I still want to know how Colorado got that many games in hand on the other teams this late in the season...doesn't seem fair...

18 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I still want to know how Colorado got that many games in hand on the other teams this late in the season...doesn't seem fair...

Scheduling has always been odd but it seems even stranger the last 2 seasons.

5 hours ago, Math said:

Ryan Suter won the Masterton in 2018-2019 ?!?!

:blink[1]:

No. It was Brian Boyle of the NJ Devils.  Suter was nominated but didn’t win. Not even sure what hardship Suter went through. He couldn’t run the club the way he wanted? 

Edited by IllaZilla

Yeah, totally misread the original topic: didn't notice it was the nominees for the Wild (auto facepalm)

But still: Ryan Suter was nominee for the Masterton in 2018-2019 ?!?!

2 hours ago, Math said:

Yeah, totally misread the original topic: didn't notice it was the nominees for the Wild (auto facepalm)

But still: Ryan Suter was nominee for the Masterton in 2018-2019 ?!?!

That was probably from his broken ankle.

It looks like we have a chance to play against Suter during the 1st playoffs round in case if Avalanche will be able to win a game tonight against Nashville. That intriguing game will tell us who will be our 1st opponent Dallas or Colorado? Stars or Avalanche? 😎

As we predicted, Colorado won a Division title and is going to play against Seattle, but we will play against Dallas. According to Russo, we played against them once in 2016 and lost in 6 games in the 1st round. I think this season we are going to play against them 7 games and have a chance to pass 1st round. I still think that Dallas team is a better choice for us than a Stanley Cup winner of last year Avalanche team. 

Personally for me, this season  our team had few special records:

- 14 SHG;

- once we placed 2SHG in same PP;

- Gustavsson shined as a consistent outstanding goalie;

- Boldy placed for the 1st time more than 30 goals during 81 games and 2 hat tricks;

- natural hat trick for Kaprizov when he netted 3 single goals for the team including OT winner as well as he produced 40 and more goals 2 seasons in a row;

- we signed 4 experienced native from Sweden NHL players who are able probably to bring more depth during playoffs to the Wild team;

- we extended long term contract to GM Guerin, who always gives us surprises/intrigue in his unpredictable decisions.

• Good Post 1

10 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Personally for me, this season  our team had few special records:

- 14 SHG;

- once we placed 2SHG in same PP;

- Gustavsson shined as a consistent outstanding goalie;

- Boldy placed for the 1st time more than 30 goals during 81 games and 2 hat tricks;

- natural hat trick for Kaprizov when he netted 3 single goals for the team including OT winner as well as he produced 40 and more goals 2 seasons in a row;

- we signed 4 experienced native from Sweden NHL players who are able probably to bring more depth during playoffs to the Wild team;

- we extended long term contract to GM Guerin, who always gives us surprises/intrigue in his unpredictable decisions.

Great list !!
Gustavsson deserves all the praise and nobody could've predicted this season's results with him.
But I'll add another quiet signing of Middleton. He fits so well and has played imo exceptional all season too.
I'd put him right there as one of our top D behind Brodin and Spurgeon.

12 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Bring on Dallas 

I was hoping for the Av's since we played a bit better vs them especially later in season.
In the 4 games we split with Dallas, Aside for the 1st on 6-5 (OT) we had trouble scoring getting only 4 goals in 3 games. 
Also gave them points in all 4. Both our wins went to OT. 

I guess we'll see how well built for the PO's Guerin did this time. The guys just have to go out and do it then.