Minnesota Wild vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Wednesday 1-4-23, 8:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Minnesota Wild (21-13-2)  44pts  3rd in the Central

3.14 Goals For Per Game (18th in the NHL)
2.81 Goals Against Per Game (11th in the NHL)

23.3% Power Play (14th in the NHL)
79.7% Penalty Kill (14th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:
1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 20G 25A = 45pts
2. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 16G 24A = 40pts
3. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 12G 16A = 28pts
4. #12 Matt Boldy ~ 12G 15A = 27pts
5. #46 Jared Spurgeon ~ 5G 13A = 18pts

Top 3 PIM's:
1. #5 Jake Middleton ~ 50 PIM's
2. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 50 PIM's
3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 46 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:
1. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury (13-8-1)  2.82GAA  .904%  1SO
2. #32 Filip Gustavsson (8-5-1)  2.34GAA  .920%  1SO

Vs.

Tampa Bay Lightning (24-11-1)  49pts  3rd in the Atlantic

3.58 Goals For Per Game (3rd in the NHL)
2.83 Goals Against Per Game (12th in the NHL)

27.6% Power Play (5th in the NHL)
82.2% Penalty Kill (7th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:
1. #86 Nikita Kucherov ~ 13G 40A = 53pts
2. #91 Steven Stamkos ~ 17G 25A = 42pts
3. #21 Brayden Point ~ 21G 17A = 38pts
4. #38 Brandon Hagel ~ 15G 15A = 30pts
5. #98 Mikhail Sergachev ~ 6G 23A = 29pts

Top 3 PIM's:
1. #14 Pat Maroon ~ 54 PIM's
2. #28 Ian Cole ~ 34 PIM's
3. #10 Corey Perry ~ 32 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:
1. #88 Andrei Vasilevskiy (16-9-1)  2.42GAA  .921%
2. #1 Brian Elliott (8-2-0)  3.08GAA  .900%

Lines:

Tampa Bay Lightning

Hagel~Point~Kucherov
Cirelli~Stamkos~Killorn
Colton~Paul~Maroon
Namestnikov~Bellemare~Perry

Hedman~Bogosian
Sergachev~Perbix
Cole~Cernak

Vasilevskiy
Ellliott

Minnesota Wild

Kaprizov~Steel~Zuccarello
Greenway~Eriksson Ek~M. Foligno
Boldy~F. Gaudreau~S. Walker
Beckman~Dewar~Hartman

Middleton~Spurgeon
Brodin~Dumba
Merrill~Addison

Fleury
Gustavsson

Head's up all. Tonight is a late start for a home game. I think we're the late game of a Wednesday double header since the game is on TNT.....which means we're probably stuck listening to whatever her name is, the annoying one who clearly got the job because of her dad.

• Like 1

Which means more like 9PM 😏
Walker in I like ...so Shaw and Reaves are out. 
I can't help to wonder how long before Evason puts Hartman back with Kap-Zucc like the old days.
The GEEF line ;) needs to start putting up more points. There defensive ability is back together but the scoring isn't even close to last year.

Wild win in OT 5-4

We are going to play against elite team tonight.  Predicting our loss 5:6, hopefully in OT (or SO). We need at least a point from this game. And hopefully the weather will cooperate with our fans on ice arena too. Team needs their support.

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Which means more like 9PM 😏
Walker in I like ...so Shaw and Reaves are out. 
I can't help to wonder how long before Evason puts Hartman back with Kap-Zucc like the old days.
The GEEF line ;) needs to start putting up more points. There defensive ability is back together but the scoring isn't even close to last year.

Wild win in OT 5-4

We really missed a 2nd main scorer with Fiala's ability to score and accurately shoot from any positions.  From my observations for this season most NHL goalies are playing pretty well. We need to learn more how to redirect more often pucks to make them difficult to take by goalies.  Dallas Stars team is a superb example of this task.

My home state boys are in town tonight and the Eastern Champs will have their hands full with the Wild especially after playing in Chicago last night.

Does this slightly later start help the Lightning and/or hinder the Wild?
Who knows...but I think once the puck drops, both these teams won't worry about back to backs, what time the game started, or anything else other than who's on the ice.

Bolts seemed to rest their top six guys down the stretch in yesterday's game once they had the game in hand (4-1 against the Hawks). Did they do that because they knew the physical style of the Wild would require their top six to be as sharp as possible?
Also, TB played their backup Brian Elliot against Chicago, saving their number one Andrei Vasilevskiy for the better team in St. Paul this evening!

In past years, I'd say this was a measuring stick game for Minnesota, given what the Lightning had accomplished, but this year?
Bolts are retooling on the fly and the Wild do NOT have to play "up" to anyone this year as they have shown that when they have their heads on right, they can play with anybody.

Looking forward to this game.
Not gonna lie, TB is still my number one team (since 1995!), but I will remember this is a Wild thread, and if Minnesota comes out with the win, I will be just as happy for them.

Still want to see a MIN-TB SC Finals in my lifetime at some point.... :) 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

hopefully the wild don't play like usa juniors tonight ..1 point a must at least 😎

Americans played great tonight. 2 goals called back. First one was ridiculous. Boys played hard 

Edited by Jimtown guy

I’m suppose to be at beer league right now but messed up my shoulder demonstrating a drill to my peewee team. Lost an edge and went shoulder first into the boards a week ago. Not getting any better and is turning ugly yellow. Go in tomorrow to see what’s up 

• Uggh... 2

9 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Americans played great tonight. 2 goals called back. First one was ridiculous. Boys played hard 

Such a BS call on the first disallowed goal, guess it was "international hockey rules" where interference is called everytime you blow some air on the goalie. It kinda put team USA off the trail after that. Too bad because they had hell of a start.

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

I’m suppose to be at beer league right now but messed up my shoulder demonstrating a drill to my peewee team. Lost an edge and went shoulder first into the boards a week ago. Not getting any better and is turning ugly yellow. Go in tomorrow to see what’s up 

Ouch!

Maybe it's just a deep bruise and nothing more.
Good idea to have someone look at it though. 
Sometimes the most seemingly innocuous ailments turn into something worse.

Hoping for the best for you!

I keep seeing it posted about Leah getting the announcing job because of her dad, I'm assuming people think her Dad is Ron Hextall which it's not. Luckily we don't get her tonight.

Edited by bbgarnett