Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

According to a sportswriter on Twitter, Thomas Welch,..Kyrou won't be traded for Kevin Hayes. Kyrou would be traded for the 7th pick.

Isn't he like just one year into an 8 year deal?

If anything a Sanheim for Kyrou trade 8 year deal for 8 year deal however maybe something else goes the other way.

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Oooh..... Now that's interesting. That really changed the complexion of the deal. Now to make it fit cap wise....

But didn't Kyrou just sign an 8 year too that hasn't kicked in yet?

Makes no sense with Konecny signed for the next 2 years as a top line RW if you are getting Kyrou back?

This trade must involve TK too I bet.

I just can't wrap my head around all the rumors and moving parts...

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Isn't he like just one year into an 8 year deal?

If anything a Sanheim for Kyrou trade 8 year deal for 8 year deal however maybe something else goes the other way.

Yes, and not only that...according to Spotrac, Kyrou has a no-trade clause, that kicks in, in 2025.

• Uggh... 1

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yes, and not only that...according to Spotrac, Kyrou has a no-trade clause, that kicks in, in 2025.

But damn ANOTHER RIGHT WING!!!

Sorry didn't mean to yell but datum.

There are other positions on a hockey team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

According to a sportswriter on Twitter, Thomas Welch,..Kyrou won't be traded for Kevin Hayes. Kyrou would be traded for the 7th pick.

They must be thinking something big. This feels like either a blockbuster is about to go down or it's going to fizzle into nothing.

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

They must be thinking something big. This feels like either a blockbuster is about to go down or it's going to fizzle into nothing.

Thomas Welch and a few others, are acting as if something is IMMINENT, FWIW.

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Either Hayes or Kyrou are holding up the trade, by not as of yet waiving their no-trade clause..according to Elliotte Friedman, on Twitter.

So sounds like someone coming back might be holding the deal up because the Blues D men have NTCs.

It would be just our luck someone not wanting to be part of the Flyers or a rebuild is holding up a damn deal to get rid of Hayes tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor...

• Uggh... 1

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Either Hayes or Kyrou are holding up the trade, by not as of yet waiving their no-trade clause..according to Elliotte Friedman, on Twitter.

It is coming back the other way I am sure.

24 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Thomas Welch and a few others, are acting as if something is IMMINENT, FWIW.

I don't know what to believe but I didn't like hearing Krug with 4 years left at 6.5 mill coming back.

This better not be true...

• Uggh... 1

13 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It might be. I'm hoping they don't give up on Sanheim though. I think he can bounce back and if DeAngelo goes, he becomes the defacto number one power play defenseman (which he always should have been). 

Amazing how Fletcher could turn something of value into a negative with yet another stupid contract. 

Sanheim could well end up being worth that contract...likely just not on the Flyers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Amazing how Fletcher could turn something of value into a negative with yet another stupid contract. 

Sanheim could well end up being worth that contract...likely just not on the Flyers.

This right here.  Much more than the stupid Risto trade, this is why i hate Fletcher.

When they fired him, they should have had Danny Heatley drive him home.

Too soon?

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

Just goes to show you how the rumor mill works and how it was all over the place, from Parayko to Kyrou to well now Krug all in one giant rumor just to generate us maniac Flyer fans desperation of moving on out of the house of horrors...

...and here we are a sh it show waiting on someone to get their head out their asses and figure this out.

• Good Post 1