Dave Scott to Retire; Hilferty Assumes Chairman Role

Howie58

Greetings:

I just saw this online:

https://wtop.com/sports/2023/03/flyers-chairman-scott-to-retire-hilferty-becomes-successor/

Well, another shoe drops.  I suspect this has been in the hopper for some time.  The Old Guard is changing.  Briere, Torts, and the new President of Hockey Ops become the ruling troika.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, well, well. Maybe the pendulum has actually swung. They hire Torts, fire Chuk-fuk, promote Danny B and Scott retires.

Is this a rebuild? 🤔

I was going to read the article but then I realized I don't care as long as he's gone

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

I invoke Abraham Lincoln from an 1862 in a message to Congress....one of my favorites:

Is it doubted, then, that the plan I propose, if adopted, would shorten the war, and thus lessen its expenditure of money and of blood? Is it doubted that it would restore the national authority and national prosperity, and perpetuate both indefinitely? Is it doubted that we here--Congress and Executive--can secure its adoption? Will not the good people respond to a united, and earnest appeal from us? Can we, can they, by any other means, so certainly, or so speedily, assure these vital objects? We can succeed only by concert. It is not "can any of us imagine better?" but, "can we all do better?" The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise -- with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country.

The O and B need to "must think anew, and act anew."  I hope Briere and company take a page out of Abe's playbook.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 2