The rebuild is officially underway in Philly , so says Youtube anyway

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You were dead wrong.  Goaltending is the reason we are not going to make it.

Yes and no...

-The Kings have gotten comparably poor goaltending all year long and have 100 points to Buffalo's 81. The difference?

-The Sabres bleed scoring chances against, particularly high danger chances, right from the slot.

-Even if Levi works out and is terrific, Buffalo will continue to give up too many goals because team defense is weak. They give up more than they get.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, radoran said:

It's like Owen Tippett's hat trick never happened.

Teams on the rise need to win games like that to take the step into the playoffs.

Take those nights off and you're golfing early.

I always preferred fishing

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Yes and no...

-The Kings have gotten comparably poor goaltending all year long and have 100 points to Buffalo's 81. The difference?

-The Sabres bleed scoring chances against, particularly high danger chances, right from the slot.

-Even if Levi works out and is terrific, Buffalo will continue to give up too many goals because team defense is weak. They give up more than they get.

Must I remind you we have the youngest team in the NHL?  Its going to get better.  

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Must I remind you we have the youngest team in the NHL?  Its going to get better.  

No, I know that. Trust me; I understand that it's part of the process. I'm just saying that it's more than the goalies.

6 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You were dead wrong.  Goaltending is the reason we are not going to make it. We gave you guys a good beat down as did the Blues.  The Blues are better off than you think Fella.  Go back to the circus and pretend its Halloween forever.

Oh sure, I'm wrong, but you're a Sabres fan.............

https://champsorchumps.us/drought/longest-nhl-playoff-drought

images.jpg

• Good Post 1

I was skeptical about the Flyers rebuilding but if YouTube is reporting it, it must be true. 

YouTube-America’s Leader in NHL News.  :VeryCool:

Edited by Samifan
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

No, I know that. Trust me; I understand that it's part of the process. I'm just saying that it's more than the goalies.

I think we should move this conversation to the correct forum.  Im sure some don't like it.   You know.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Oh sure, I'm wrong, but you're a Sabres fan.............

https://champsorchumps.us/drought/longest-nhl-playoff-drought

images.jpg

I dont need reminding.  I think the win last night keeps us alive but its a long shot.  But I think they have a good young team.  Just not sure about this kid in goal

9 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I dont need reminding.  I think the win last night keeps us alive but its a long shot.  But I think they have a good young team.  Just not sure about this kid in goal

Too soft. Sabres are absolutely useless in the hard areas. All you have to do to beat the Sabres is keep the play to the outside, along the wall, and get in front of the net where they are completely incapable. Our garbage team did it twice before this last one where we've packed it in for the year.

It'll be really really sad for the "good young team" when the Jets finally make the playoffs and you just add another year to your total. Sabres just don't get what it takes to win in this league. 

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

My point exactly. That is what makes him commenting so funny.

Oh ya, and it's the confident arrogance of it I like best. 

It sucks to be a Flyers fan right now but I can't imagine what it's like to lose for that long. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

It sucks to be a Flyers fan right now but I can't imagine what it's like to lose for that long. 

I  can tell you that many Oilers fans, conditioned to losing for so long, are practically conditioned that it will continue to happen, even when things have rounded the corner. For a not-insignificant portion of the fanbase, literally every move is seen as a negative, and they just generally spend their time waiting for the other shoe to drop.

9 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I  can tell you that many Oilers fans, conditioned to losing for so long, are practically conditioned that it will continue to happen, even when things have rounded the corner. For a not-insignificant portion of the fanbase, literally every move is seen as a negative, and they just generally spend their time waiting for the other shoe to drop.

At least the Oilers have a history and all those cups with Gretzky and Co. 

Closest Sabres ever came to a cup was way back in time and they lost to..........ummm.........let me try and remember. I think they wore orange and black.........it was a long time ago. They did kill a bat in their foggy rink though, they did do that. 

17 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Too soft. Sabres are absolutely useless in the hard areas. All you have to do to beat the Sabres is keep the play to the outside, along the wall, and get in front of the net where they are completely incapable. Our garbage team did it twice before this last one where we've packed it in for the year.

It'll be really really sad for the "good young team" when the Jets finally make the playoffs and you just add another year to your total. Sabres just don't get what it takes to win in this league. 

If our young team was in the West, we would be in.  As young as they  are it will take more than Owen Powers first year to go anywhere in the playoffs anyway.  Him and Dahlin are two you wish you had on your team.  Id rather be in our shoes than yours.  Oh, and I guess you just let  us have that last game didnt you?  The win in Detroit was earned.  You should get tanking.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Whoa...whoa...hold on right there just a minute.

That's CoachX's dept! 

Well there was no escalator around to Rick had to improvise...

...i think he spent some time out in New Mexico training with @CoachX they are like two peas in a pod. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Whoa...whoa...hold on right there just a minute.

That's CoachX's dept! 

I told that bitty she couldn't bring that weak sauce in my house. IM THE ALPHA!

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well there was no escalator around to Rick had to improvise...

...i think he spent some time out in New Mexico training with @CoachX they are like two peas in a pod. 

If we were in the pod together he would tell on me and try to put me on ignore. In spite of that,  I would coach him up as if I was Torts himself 

• Haha 1