The rebuild is officially underway in Philly , so says Youtube anyway

So it appears that its correct that the  Flyers are in full rebuild mode.  I am an  expert of sorts on this topic.  LOL.  Lots of experience. I do not think my team is still in rebuild, they are now in the seasoning mode.  Young guys with the help of some experienced  vets, the way to do it I suppose.  So in Philly, as a non fan, Ill try and be unattached to any bias views.  The only one I really have is a strong dislike of John Tortorella.  I do not see him being around too long.  For your Flyer fans sake, you should hope not. So he did do a good thing by letting the assistant have a go of it vs the Sabres the other night.  I wonder if the guy who was in charge that night called out that defenseman in the locker room for one of the most mind boggling turnovers I have ever seen?  The puck was coughed up, and it almost seemed deliberate, and then the guy SKATES AWAY AS FAST AS HE CAN!!!!  LOL.  Lucky for him it was Girgensons instead of Tuch or Skinner who jumped on it and did not cash in.  But the goalie must have been cursing under his mask!  Had to be.  That is the kind of play that will get you traded and benched fast. But I am guessing you have seen this before?  The Flyers do have some talent. I think Hayes, the ex Ranger and of course the goal scorer who just came back from an injury, are two of their best.  Frost seems pretty good.  They have the ability to score.  They just cant keep it out of the net, something else I am way too familiar with.  

I was hoping for a better effort yesterday and for them to help and beat the Penguins but it did not happen.  Not sure who will handle this rebuild moving forward?  Will Danny Briere be kept on long term?  A risky move if the answer is yes.  

LMFAO. A Sabres fan wants to tell us about rebuilds.

Guess he wants us to take 11 years to even sniff at the outside of the playoffs and build one of the softest teams in the history of hockey. Pile of garbage we have iced beat them twice this year in their "seasoning" mode. I can't think of a softer team than the Sabres, Maybe the Leafs before their deadline deals but probably not. Sabres blew this season too by doing nothing they will miss the playoffs yet again. They have some kid goalie they think will save them, and he might be good, but we already have a couple of those. So lecture on and tell us how it's done from Losertown New York, home of the longest non playoff run in professional sports. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think Hayes, the ex Ranger and of course the goal scorer who just came back from an injury, are two of their best.

No you lost me right there. But he would make a great Sabre. You can have him as Flyercanuck said for free.

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Frost seems pretty good.

I expect big things from here next year. But they need to continue to build around him. Flyers need a few goal scorers for real.

And a shut down D man for the top pair would be a great addition. A lot of work for Danny B  to do and it will require a few years.

As far as Torts goes i like his no nonsense tough love way to coach these kids need it. They need to be toughened up to get back to play old school (or as close as you can these days Flyer hockey). Sure he is going to ruffle some feathers but the country club mentality needs to change and he is leading the charge.

4 hours ago, radoran said:

Let me tell you a little story involving Ryan Miller, a Lumina, and an Applebee's.

It starts out xxxx xxxx. Xxx xxxx xx xxx x xxxxx.

#IYKYK

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

classic….. lol

Xxxx-xx-xxxx-x-xxxxxxxxx-xxxx

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No you lost me right there. But he would make a great Sabre. You can have him as Flyercanuck said for free.

I expect big things from here next year. But they need to continue to build around him. Flyers need a few goal scorers for real.

And a shut down D man for the top pair would be a great addition. A lot of work for Danny B  to do and it will require a few years.

As far as Torts goes i like his no nonsense tough love way to coach these kids need it. They need to be toughened up to get back to play old school (or as close as you can these days Flyer hockey). Sure he is going to ruffle some feathers but the country club mentality needs to change and he is leading the charge.

He will lead the charge to the nut house where guys like him and Mike Keenan belong

• Like 1

Flyers at the Blues tonight.  Of course my attention will be in Florida on the Sabres vs Panthers game but Ill keep an eye on the Blues game too.  I do think Berube and the Blues are a bit ahead of Philly in the rebuild.  They have some real good young talent in St Louis and Parayko is still there of course. Thomas, Sammy Blais, and one beastly Braeden Schenn.  And of course they have some quality goalies down there.  I wish we could steal one

Edited by Hockey Junkie

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Why do you think he is so bad?  I do not see it. But of course I do not see the Flyers too often

What a person thinks about Ristolainen will depend on how much value they place on defensemen who spend most of their time in their own end, hitting players after they pass the puck, and face washing guys after yet another shot / scoring chance. I don't put a lot of stock in it, but your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

What a person thinks about Ristolainen will depend on how much value they place on defensemen who spend most of their time in their own end, hitting players after they pass the puck, and face washing guys after yet another shot / scoring chance. I don't put a lot of stock in it, but your mileage may vary.

While everything you say is true, we were talking about Hayes, who's almost the opposite of this, because he's too slow to get back into his own end, and too lazy to hit or face wash someone.

If I was starting a team that I wanted to tank, but had to meet the cap floor, Hayes and Risto would be two of my top choices. Which just goes to show what a complete imbecile our former GM was. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Flyers at the Blues tonight.  Of course my attention will be in Florida on the Sabres vs Panthers game but Ill keep an eye on the Blues game too.  I do think Berube and the Blues are a bit ahead of Philly in the rebuild.  They have some real good young talent in St Louis and Parayko is still there of course. Thomas, Sammy Blais, and one beastly Braeden Schenn.  And of course they have some quality goalies down there.  I wish we could steal one

Actually I think St. Louis is still in melt down mode and I suspect Berube will get fired as he's already yelling at his young players and they aren't responding. He's lost that team and the leaders he had are mostly gone. Unless they draft really well St. Louis falls further before they rise again. 

Tonight, I suspect Florida beats the crap out of Buffalo physically. It'll be men vs. boys. Sabres should never have ditched DesLauriers LOL. 

On 4/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, GrittyForever said:

Actually I think St. Louis is still in melt down mode and I suspect Berube will get fired as he's already yelling at his young players and they aren't responding. He's lost that team and the leaders he had are mostly gone. Unless they draft really well St. Louis falls further before they rise again. 

Tonight, I suspect Florida beats the crap out of Buffalo physically. It'll be men vs. boys. Sabres should never have ditched DesLauriers LOL. 

You were dead wrong.  Goaltending is the reason we are not going to make it. We gave you guys a good beat down as did the Blues.  The Blues are better off than you think Fella.  Go back to the circus and pretend its Halloween forever.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That's just so funny.

It's like Owen Tippett's hat trick never happened.

Teams on the rise need to win games like that to take the step into the playoffs.

Take those nights off and you're golfing early.

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's like Owen Tippett's hat trick never happened.

Teams on the rise need to win games like that to take the step into the playoffs.

Take those nights off and you're golfing early.

Like a slap in the face.

It is what finally gets people fired.

Because i don't know much about hockey but i know from all the people i personally know - being the Sabres is the benchmark for the bottom you don't want to ever be.

For example as much as you can hate the Penguins or Rangers being compared to them isn't embarrassing. 

But to be compared to Sabres is very embarrassing. And i can truly say this from the man who introduced me to hockey was from Buffalo and a Sabres fan back in 1991.

So to read that made me cackle i hope that pisses someone off in charge and make them change that ASAP.