Minnesota Wild @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Thursday 4-6-23, 6:00pm, PPG Paints Arena

MNSOTA

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

I wonder if there'll be Electric Jets flying over Target Field tomorrow for the opener? 🤔

Speaking of Jets, just had a look at the standings.... WPG isn't guaranteed anything.
Calgary won yesterday and has crept into a point tie with the Jets for the last wild card spot.

Do Flames fans scream "TRUTH NORTH!" when in other people's buildings?
Hmmm.... something to ponder. 😏

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Speaking of Jets, just had a look at the standings.... WPG isn't guaranteed anything.
Calgary won yesterday and has crept into a point tie with the Jets for the last wild card spot.

Do Flames fans scream "TRUTH NORTH!" when in other people's buildings?
Hmmm.... something to ponder. 😏

Yeah, Calgary is making a run. I wouldn't mind seeing them make the PO's.

• Annoyed 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

What is it with starting Fleury against his old clubs??
Vegas and now Pittsburgh.

One would think, Fleury has been around long enough, has enough of a scouting report, and his former clubs have seen him enough in the past and are familiar enough with his tendencies, that a coach would NOT want him facing Vegas or Pittsburgh.

But maybe that's just me.

Me too. Very good observation. His both former old clubs know pretty well his weak spots. And in both last games against those clubs he lost with the same score 1:4. And overall Penguins now 8-0-1 against us in past 9 games. Actually our loss was expected from that pretty balanced team because of their main current chance to get into playoffs at this moment. The most sad part from this game we are not capable to stay healthy till the end of the regular season. EEK and Sundqvist got an injuries. 

Edited by Alexandron

41 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

You just know that idiot Evason is going to start Fleury for every game in the Playoffs…

Hope not. He is a true backup goalie for this team despite of all his nice previous titles. His age and reactions are really affecting his play.

14 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Hope not. He is a true backup goalie for this team despite of all his nice previous titles. His age and reactions are really affecting his play.

As I said before Fleury cost the Pens a few SCF appearances. Tho the Pens won a couple of cups with him as goalkeeper. It was because of the team in front of him bailing him out. Due to his age he should retire!

• Like 1

Hope not. He is a true backup goalie for this team despite of all his nice previous titles. His age and reactions are really affecting his play

He never had good reactions. Ask the Flyers about the play.

I think Fleury has played to the expectations this season. Given his age and everything that goes along with that.
Ofc, The Stars and Av's both won last night but if you look at these 3 teams and the goals allowed, We're right there with them.
Our trouble is scoring and passing up quality chances.
Boldy reverted to his deffering last night way too much and I hope that's not a trend now that Kaprisov is on the way back. 

7 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

As I said before Fleury cost the Pens a few SCF appearances. Tho the Pens won a couple of cups with him as goalkeeper. It was because of the team in front of him bailing him out. Due to his age he should retire!

True, But look at those years with serious scoring machines. They were set up for scoring and could cover any goalie giving up some per game.
Maybe Fleury does decide to retire before his next season is up given that comment last night about being the last time he'll probably play at that arena again.
I don't know next years schedule but you'd think we might play Pitts there once?

He may have a competitive spirit but his time is fading fast.

36 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

I think Fleury has played to the expectations this season. Given his age and everything that goes along with that.
Ofc, The Stars and Av's both won last night but if you look at these 3 teams and the goals allowed, We're right there with them.
Our trouble is scoring and passing up quality chances.
Boldy reverted to his deffering last night way too much and I hope that's not a trend now that Kaprisov is on the way back. 

True, But look at those years with serious scoring machines. They were set up for scoring and could cover any goalie giving up some per game.
Maybe Fleury does decide to retire before his next season is up given that comment last night about being the last time he'll probably play at that arena again.
I don't know next years schedule but you'd think we might play Pitts there once?

He may have a competitive spirit but his time is fading fast.

To be honest, he should have retired when Vegas traded him. 

I was surprised when Guernin (sic) traded for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

To be honest, he should have retired when Vegas traded him. 

I was surprised when Guernin (sic) traded for him.

Given their history together I'm not.
At the time we had Talbot and Kahkonen and that in Geurin's eyes wasn't going to cut it in the PO's. 
Also, Fleury was only getting 1 year deals iirc, And Guerin sweetened the pot with a 2 year deal. Easy signing for Fleury.
Now, Nobody thought Gustavsson would turn out playing as soundly as he has been and Billy G's plans for goaltending has got to be all messed up.
I believe He intended on Fleury being the main guy until we bring up wonder kid Wallstedt next year and ease him into playing time.
If, And it's a big IF, Gustavsson continues being what many call a starting G, The do we even need Fleury next season?

16 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Given their history together I'm not.
At the time we had Talbot and Kahkonen and that in Geurin's eyes wasn't going to cut it in the PO's. 
Also, Fleury was only getting 1 year deals iirc, And Guerin sweetened the pot with a 2 year deal. Easy signing for Fleury.
Now, Nobody thought Gustavsson would turn out playing as soundly as he has been and Billy G's plans for goaltending has got to be all messed up.
I believe He intended on Fleury being the main guy until we bring up wonder kid Wallstedt next year and ease him into playing time.
If, And it's a big IF, Gustavsson continues being what many call a starting G, The do we even need Fleury next year?

Put Gustavsson in the A.H.L. (It's Iowa I presume?) And let him tune is game there for a year or so. Then evaluate him then. 

That is the mistake t by e Pens made!

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Put Gustavsson in the A.H.L. (It's Iowa I presume?) And let him tune is game there for a year or so. Then evaluate him then. 

That is the mistake t by e Pens made!

Say what? Gustafson has already proved himself in the NHL 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Say what? Gustafson has already proved himself in the NHL 

I almost spit out my coffee on that one. 😁
BG is going to have a big choice on resigning him this summer.
How do you not?