NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3) - (Toronto wins series 4-2)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Leafs sweep in 4
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6*
    • Leafs in 7
    • Bolts sweep in 4
    • Bolts in 5
    • Bolts in 6
    • Bolts in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He'll take his chances

The Lightning need another goal, stat, to get out of the Danger Zone they’re in!

Edited by SaucyJack

2 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Nice challenge Coach.  Let’s play Tres a Cinco for dos minutos.

Crazy thing is, if the Bolts relax, the freakin Leaves® DO have the firepower to come roaring back in the 3rd.
I will trust the Bolts have enough experience to know that they should be treating this like a 1-0 game, and push for more.

Because %$#@ the Leaves® :shifty: 

Even Mark Messier thinks the first time Bunting drew a penalty on Cernak it should have been a non call.
That WAS pretty blatant on Bunting's part.....skates right into Cernak then flops.

Messier credits Bunting for 'doing his job', but at the same time, I could see a guy like Messier absolutely seething at a guy like Bunting doing something like that if Messier were on the ice against him.

If Victor Hedman and Erik Cernak can't go for Game 2, Bolts will be sending in Zach Bogosian and Haydn Fleury in their places more than likely.
Not anywhere near close to a 1:1 replacement, but it will have to do.

Bogo replacing Cernak's physicality is doable, but obviously, Hedman is NOT replaceable at this time.
More will be asked from Mikhail Sergachev.

Up front, Michael Eyssimont was lost for the game, if he can't go, it isn't as bad as TB has several options to replace him.... Alex Baret Boulet, Cole Koepke, or Rudolf Balcers are candidates.
All have NHL experience.

I watched this game with my father-in-law, who's a life long Leafs fan.

-He was disgusted by Toronto's effort

-He told me "Tampa's built for the playoffs"

-Thinks Bunting should be suspended for the headshot.

I agreed on all points.

• Like 1

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3) - (Tampa Leads 1-0)

According to The Hockey News, Michael Bunting gets three games for the elbow to the head of Erik Cernak.
Maple Leafs' Michael Bunting Suspended Three Games - The Hockey News

Too many games? Just right?

Some fans I've talked to think it is too much because the NHL has let a lot worse slide....but, the league is supposedly trying to eliminate predatory head shots, so maybe 3 games is right.
Many of the talking heads, many former players and coaches, feel Bunting really did purposely raise the elbow knowing Cernak's head was near his arm.....no narrative that it could have possibly been accidental.

The league apparently agrees with that.

Will this galvanize the Leaves®?
If you are Tampa Bay, you look to worsen the morale for Toronto by taking it to'em early and often in Game 2.
Bolts have problems of their own with missing players, but the players that will draw in are no slouches, so they should have no excuse to play a tough, complete game like they did in Game 1

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Early penalty into the game, not even a minute in, gives the Leaves® a PP, and of course, they score just seconds into that.
1-0 TOR.

Hate to say I saw this coming...but, I saw this coming.

These are the kinds of 'slow starts' the Bolts had way too much of this year, but in the playoffs, those can be deadly.
No need to give the Leaves® anymore motivation and confidence here in game 2, but, there go the Bolts doing just that.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hate to say I saw this coming...but, I saw this coming.

Not sure the American TV announcers did.  Instead, they’re speculating the ifs and whens of pulling Samsonov right before puck drop..  LOL

Edited by SaucyJack

Just now, SaucyJack said:

Not sure the American TV announcers did.  Instead, they’re speculating the ifs and whens of pulling Samsonov.  LOL

Well of course.
Samsonov is Leaves® player...you should have seen the big 20 minute segment NHL Network gave Tyler Freakin Ennis when he became a Toronto player a few seasons back.
Nobody gave a rat's ass about Ennis until he put on a Leaves® sweater, then all of a sudden, we get segments into his daily routine! :rolleyes: