** Wild 2023 Off Season and Summer **

Jimtown guy

4 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I wouldn’t put a lot of stock into their projected lineups. 
They just put players into a spot that could happen, not necessarily where they should. 

Agree. Most our players have a chance to play in different lines depending of their level of play during the game as well as depending of the coach decision too. 

19 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Hopefully this year they will shuffle lines more so players are more comfortable switching up during injury weeks. 
The team needs to be more flexible about who plays with who. 

I remember back in the day when Lemaire was coaching. People complained endlessly about how he was constantly switching up lines and “never let the team develop chemistry”…🤣

• Like 1

Three names for potential depth:

Jujhar Kharia....29 year old vet from BC and Michigan Tech. Report by Sportsnet's Elliot Friedman. 6-2 214 history of back injuries. With Chicago last year.

Phil Kessel....35, 5-11 215 working out in Vegas at captain practices. Several outlets link to Minnesota....

Gavin Hain

...23, 5-11 195 training camp invite, Philly selected but passed on this 5-year UND centerman.

Edited by Icechipper
Spelling

Plus

-Terrific size and willingness to be physical.

-Stands up for teammates.

-Decent penalty killer.

Minus

-Back problems and several documented concussions.

-Really shy offensively.

-Not a strong skater. Slow.

With the injuries piling up I thought that his next deal might be a PTO, specifically from the Canucks, who might want to bring in a player of Punjabi ancestry, for the local market. Always liked him, and hope he does well in Minnesota.

• Like 2

Caleb Addison signed one year at $825,000.

Gavin Hain released following prospects tournament

Wild release 60-man training camp roster. Vinnie Letteri (#10) Adam Beckman (11) Jujhar Kharia (16) and Sammy Walker (18) get some new sweater numbers for call-ups.....

• Like 1

I'm moderately interested in this season. The Wild have never really done anything like this before (relying on youth rather than big name free agents).

I'm sure there will be growing pains, but maybe the team will be better for it in the long run. What they've done in the past certainly hasn't worked.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 4:49 PM, Icechipper said:

Caleb Addison signed one year at $825,000.

Gavin Hain released following prospects tournament

Wild release 60-man training camp roster. Vinnie Letteri (#10) Adam Beckman (11) Jujhar Kharia (16) and Sammy Walker (18) get some new sweater numbers for call-ups.....

Here is more info regarding our training camp and pre-season schedule, which is going to start very soon (on Sunday, September 24th) at Colorado.

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/minnesota-wild-opens-training-camp-september-21-at-tria-rink

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/wild-camp-day-1

Wild won 4-3.  Sammy Walker with 2 goals and a helper.  Wallstedt had 40 saves.  Daemon Hunt was close lined by a Tanner Kero hit.  

Alex Goligoski looked slow and old...and tired.  Almost every time he and Simon Johansson were out there the Avs went on the attack and peppered Wallstedt with shots.  

Haight, Heidt and Walker was a pretty good line and continued the same chemistry they had at the prospect tournament last week.  Khaira's big but he's pretty slow.  

Addison took a foolish retaliatory penalty in the 3rd, but luckily it didn't cost the team on the scoreboard.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild won 4-3.  Sammy Walker with 2 goals and a helper.  Wallstedt had 40 saves.  Daemon Hunt was close lined by a Tanner Kero hit.  

Alex Goligoski looked slow and old...and tired.  Almost every time he and Simon Johansson were out there the Avs went on the attack and peppered Wallstedt with shots.  

Haight, Heidt and Walker was a pretty good line and continued the same chemistry they had at the prospect tournament last week.  Khaira's big but he's pretty slow.  

Addison took a foolish retaliatory penalty in the 3rd, but luckily it didn't cost the team on the scoreboard.  

Thanks for the recap 

Edited by Jimtown guy

Sammy Walker is shining so far. Smart player. He had a chance to repeat yesterday a hat trick again as he did against Chicago team during the Kurvers Prospects Showcase Tournament the week before. Hopefully we will see his play more. Next game is going to start at 7 p.m. tomorrow against Dallas team. 

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Interesting, if Bedard will play for Chicago team in both pre-season games against us?

I don't know if I'd want Bedard in a game where some kid is trying to make the roster  and takes a run at him...maybe later when most of those types of players have been reassigned to the minors..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I don't know if I'd want Bedard in a game where some kid is trying to make the roster  and takes a run at him...maybe later when most of those types of players have been reassigned to the minors..

I agree. Too high risk to place him earlier.

Wild re-signed Mats Zuccarello to 2-year ($8,250,000) contract extension, which goes through the 2025-26 season.

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/minnesota-wild-signs-mats-zuccarello-to-contract-extension

As long as he has a nice chemistry with Kaprizov, probably, it is a pretty good deal. He is productive and very smart player to play with. Hopefully, that will help to hold Kaprizov to stay here too. Or maybe that was a main reason? Who knows.

Yesterday he had 2 assists on 2 Kaprizov's goals in pre-season game against Colorado. We won that game with a score 4:2.