Official: Hayes traded to Blues for 2024 6th RD

jammer2

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'll go with pending UFA (after this season) Marco Scandella.

Scandella makes the most sense. All the other Blues with a NTC are signed long term...BUT Scans has just a 7 team NTC...so Philly would have to be 1 of the 7? 

Full tank mode : Binnington :)

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

.BUT Scans has just a 7 team NTC...so Philly would have to be 1 of the 7? 

It's seven teams "worse than the Blues" and the Flyers could EASILY make that list for a 32yo.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's seven teams "worse than the Blues" and the Flyers could EASILY make that list for a 32yo.

Good point...lol. Makes sense from a Flyers perspective....1 year commitment and ability to dump him at the deadline for a 2nd or 3rd. Interesting that Blues have multiple 1sts this year. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

David Pagnotta from The Fourth Period, says the NY Rangers are cap dumping Barclay Goodrow, and they will try hard for Travis Konecny.

Now that i wouldn't like at all not going to lie.

• Uggh... 1

30 minutes ago, radoran said:

Confirmed...Blues player is Krug...Danny trying to involve a 3rd team to appease Krug.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Confirmed...Blues player is Krug...Danny trying to involve a 3rd team to appease Krug.

Be so smart to get rid of Sanheim and his -5 to bring in Krug and his -26....WTF are we doing here again?

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Be so smart to get rid of Sanheim and his -5 to bring in Krug and his -26....WTF are we doing here again?

Krug is 32 and makes 6.5 mill until 26-27 season...ugly...and he's poop right now!!

• Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

Krug is 32 and makes 6.5 mill until 26-27 season...ugly...and he's poop right now!!

Maybe some other team or teams get involved, and takes on him, and his salary. I sure as hell hope so.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Now way in hell this would make sense.

Schenn 31  5x 6.5 mill

Krug 32  4x 6.5 mill

Ain't no damn way for only a 1st round pick.

This might be a four team trade, for all we really know. I don't want either of those guys on the Flyers, honestly.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

This might be a four team trade, for all we really know. I don't want either of those guys on the Flyers, honestly.

So from what i read to it is all agreed upon just waiting on the ok from the person who has leverage...i'm going to be sick...

• Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So from what i read to it is all agreed upon just waiting on the ok from the person who has leverage...i'm going to be sick...

I'm skeptical on the Schenn part...hard pass!! Blues just signed Peronivich to a 1 yr deal...hes young and good...hopefully involved??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

:rage:

Not surprised, really. There's a bunch of teams likely involved. Frustrated moreso..because the longer it drags on, I feel that it's more likely teams could drop out of a deal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Not surprised, really. There's a bunch of teams likely involved. Frustrated moreso..because the longer it drags on, I feel that it's more likely teams could drop out of a deal.

Not fond of teams having overnight to ponder Krug and that contract. He clearly sucked as a #1 pp QB...with a LOT of talent around him. So, 6.5 mill for a 2nd pp qb and a minus 27, average wheels and no physicality....um yeah...sounds great!! 

• Like 1

I think Krug is only part of the deal so they can flip him somewhere else.   That is what my son is reading somewhere in the twitterverse.   It would be pretty stupid to take on these older players with the huge cap hit.  It defeats the whole purpose.  The Blues have 3 first rounders.  #10, 25 and 29 so that part is really appealing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

I think Krug is only part of the deal so they can flip him somewhere else.   That is what my son is reading somewhere in the twitterverse.   It would be pretty stupid to take on these older players with the huge cap hit.  It defeats the whole purpose.  The Blues have 3 first rounders.  #10, 25 and 29 so that part is really appealing.

Sure but a 4 year 6.5 mill per deal isn't like it is something to just easily move. I hope this turns up roses for the Flyers is all.

Otherwise i would have just preferred to eat half of Hayes deal and move on.

I just can't see Krug helping unless this is your Hartnell for Umburger type deal just because it is shorter than Sanheim's 8 year deal...

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but a 4 year 6.5 mill per deal isn't like it is something to just easily move. I hope this turns up roses for the Flyers is all.

I just can't see Krug helping unless this is your Hartnell for Umburger type deal just because it is shorter than Sanheim's 8 year deal...

You just know we're gonna end up flipping him, for Wayne Simmonds.:bigteeth: Salaries don't match, so...HOPEFULLY not.

Edited by FD19372
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think this is it.  At the end of the third year, if you haven't moved him buy him out.  He's terrible but it could help our draft position next year.  #TrusttheProcess or some crap