Flyers Defensemen

mojo1917

15 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I have no idea who will be on the back end in two years.  My take is that the D and G are probably a lot better off the our forwards.  Maybe the forwards take a leap, but remember we were actually middling on goals allowed last year. Our offense sucked.  And historically, our OT and SO percentage are league-worst.  Torts wasn't kidding when he said this was a land of opportunity for prospects.  That, and what might be a trade-happy GM in coming years, makes me think guessing about any part of this lineup will be difficult.  

I'm fine with the forwards. If anything, I think some of the forwards are underrated. The defense should be better and the goaltending will be interesting. 

29 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The defense should be better and the goaltending will be interesting. 

Is there a snowballs chance in hell you roll with Sandstrom with a prayer he can earn a chance to be moved at the deadline for say a 3rd in 2025?

I mean you can waive Petersen and still keep him on the roster for 30 days.

Whats it looking like opening night?

TK/Coots/Tippett
Laughts/Frost/Foerster
Farabee/Cates/Atkinson
NickD/Poehling/Hathaway
Allison

York/Risto
Staal/Sanheim
Seeler/Walker
Zamula

Hart
Sandstrom
Petersen after being waived.

There's been some discussion of keeping three goalies on the roster up front.  Sandstrom--I wonder?  Petersen--I reckon they will give him at least five starts to see what gives.  If the change of scenery really helps, we have some interesting roster decisions.  

Sandstrom is terrible. He's barely an AHL goalie. Preferably, I'd love to see Sandstrom and Peterson in Lehigh Valley and Ersson in Philadelphia. However, if Peterson can get off to a hot start, hopefully they can move him with salary retention and get a draft pick out of the deal. 

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Sandstrom is terrible. He's barely an AHL goalie. Preferably, I'd love to see Sandstrom and Peterson in Lehigh Valley and Ersson in Philadelphia. However, if Peterson can get off to a hot start, hopefully they can move him with salary retention and get a draft pick out of the deal. 

I am good doing whatever Danny thinks is best towards the rebuild.

Whichever direction he wants to go. 

He's good rolling with 7 mill in cap space just in case...

The forward group is good enough for now. TK and Tippett are solid contributors, Foerster looks like he’ll be joining them and hopefully Farabee has a bounce-back year. Atkinson and Couturier who knows…then there’s Frost, another who knows. But between them all there’s enough talent to pass for a legit Top 6. No stars but good enough for now.

The D on the other hand … to be kind let’s call it a work in progress. Tortorella’s 2-way demands on the forwards might be the best thing the D has going for them; they’ll need all the help they can get. Same with the goalies. As long as it’s Hart and Ersson, and if Tortorella gets them all playing 200’ games the Flyers should improve their GAA.