+++ 2023-24 HF.net Sweet 16 FHL Regular Season Discussion +++

pilldoc

Here is the Regular Season discussion thread.  Will unlock automatically at 9:00 PM after the draft on Monday, 10/2.

Good Luck to all!!

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
Streamlined title to reflect active season thread

I'm OK with my draft.

Got 1 slam dunk starter in Ott, a decent chance at a better year starter in Husso and half of Edmonton in Campbell. I expect him to bounce back because he can't be worse than last year lol.

Having 3 goalies never hurts in this league.

Crosby at C is guaranteed faceoffs and solid point production. I expect Hayton to take another step this season as #1 C. Hertl will be leaned on with a bad sharks team, and Wyatt Johnston I expect to also step up to 2nd line C, eventually replacing Hintz as #1 C. Hintz is made of glass so maybe sooner than later.

On wing Meier and EKane represent a lot of shots and hits and good goalscoring. Lawson crouse stepped up last year and so did Blais after being traded, both hit a ton.

Not sure why Patrick Kane isn't  IR worthy. I assumed he was but he is listed NA instead. Might turn into a dead pick

On D, Karlsson on the pens should do ok. Sanderson I think takes the #1 D spot in Ottawa, and Larsson and cernak are pure peripheral guys. Drysdale missed a year but looked brilliant his first year, so why not

So, tonight is the first I've been on a computer since we drafted.  

On the phone, when I moved people to IR+ and tried to pick up an FA, it told me I needed to drop someone.

Not the case on the computer (still cannot on the phone).     The same is happening to me in NAHANA.

Phil cannot in NAHANA--it keeps requiring a drop for an IR+ replacement 

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

So, tonight is the first I've been on a computer since we drafted.  

On the phone, when I moved people to IR+ and tried to pick up an FA, it told me I needed to drop someone.

Not the case on the computer (still cannot on the phone).     The same is happening to me in NAHANA.

Phil cannot in NAHANA--it keeps requiring a drop for an IR+ replacement 

Kochetkov + for Husso?

17 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Kochetkov + for Husso?

I haven't figured out yet if Kochetkov is staying up. I've been completely off the reservation. I was actually looking to send you something and paused.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I haven't figured out yet if Kochetkov is staying up. I've been completely off the reservation. I was actually looking to send you something and paused.  

Nobody has figured it out yet lol

Andersen + Raanta being resigned was perplexing. One I can see, but why resign both when they just gave kochetkov a 4 year contract and he is no longer waiver exempt 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nobody has figured it out yet lol

Andersen + Raanta being resigned was perplexing. One I can see, but why resign both when they just gave kochetkov a 4 year contract and he is no longer waiver exempt 

Hence the reason part of me did niot want to draft Andesen in NAHANA.  Even more perplexing is RoP slotting him as a Keeper.  I know we all know this kids potential but with the Canes resigning BOTH Andersen and Raanta, the writing on the wall to me is Kochetkov will be in the AHL to start the season.  Why waste a Keeper spot on him?   

The NAHANA draft could have been very different had he kept Grubauer as a Keeper and let Kochetkov go.   I might have drafted Andersen (assuming Lady still goes Swayman) and then MD would have really been up the creek without a paddle.    

So intersting on how this all played out ........

Edited by pilldoc

13 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Hence the reason part of me did niot want to draft Andesen in NAHANA.  Even more perplexing is RoP slotting him as a Keeper.  I know we all know this kids potential but with the Canes resigning BOTH Andersen and Raanta, the writing on the wall to me is Kochetkov will be in the AHL to start the season.  Why waste a Keeper spot on him?   

The NAHANA draft could have been very different had he kept Grubauer as a Keeper and let Kochetkov go.   I might have drafted Andersen (assuming Lady still goes Swayman) and then MD would have really been up the creek without a paddle.    

So intersting on how this all played out ........

I dunno. Antti raanta and andersen seem to be made of glass. I think koochie stays at nhl level, but a 3 way platoon isn't ideal.

I love koochie and think he is the goalie of the future

3 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I dunno. Antti raanta and andersen seem to be made of glass. I think koochie stays at nhl level, but a 3 way platoon isn't ideal.

I love koochie and think he is the goalie of the future

Totally agree here ....what is most perplexing is why in the H. E. double hockey sticks did Carolina sign BOTH Andersen and Raanta???   You can make an arguement for signing either Andersen or Raanta but NOT both.  Then keep Koochie as your backup as soon as Andersen gets hurt ...and you know he will.  I think Carolina was trying to get too cute with the situation. 

Or the Canes' front office know that both Andersen and Rantaa will be injured at the same time, then they put them both on IR, clearing space and Kotchetkov gets the starting nod, and Waddell will be seen as a true genius.

:whistle:

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to +++ 2023-24 HF.net Sweet 16 FHL Regular Season Discussion +++

Well...decided to go back to my old ways of stressing goaltending and try to fill in the rest with peripherals....also, trying my hand a bit at seeing if I picked out some break out candidates.
I think raw scoring wise, I am average, but if things fall right, I should do well in other departments...especially if some of the still very young men I drafted take their next steps with their respective teams!

Here are my guys at a glance with their numbers from  the previous year.

GSB1.thumb.jpg.4272fdf73d44b10b74bef7aedc5aac3c.jpg

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well...decided to go back to my old ways of stressing goaltending and try to fill in the rest with peripherals....also, trying my hand a bit at seeing if I picked out some break out candidates.
I think raw scoring wise, I am average, but if things fall right, I should do well in other departments...especially if some of the still very young men I drafted take their next steps with their respective teams!

Here are my guys at a glance with their numbers from  the previous year.

GSB1.thumb.jpg.4272fdf73d44b10b74bef7aedc5aac3c.jpg

I like your team. Tkachuk is such a unicorn with these categories

@pilldoc Congrats on your win! As expected, it was a tight fight 'till the end. Vatrano and the Ducks killed me, and the most tragic part is that both plumbers Jeannot and Teravainen did their job beyond expectations at trying to limit the leaks but the flood finally occurred late in the evening lol.

We have a trade!

Rux trades Tage Thompson and Kochetkov 

To

The sharkies for Hartman and Husso.

Not fond of giving up a starter, but I wanted to improve my SOG and Tage isn't scoring yet but he shoots a lot.

Kochetkov may get sent down again and this will hurt, but I'll have to trust in Oettinger

4 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

We have a trade!

Rux trades Tage Thompson and Kochetkov 

To

The sharkies for Hartman and Husso.

Not fond of giving up a starter, but I wanted to improve my SOG and Tage isn't scoring yet but he shoots a lot.

Kochetkov may get sent down again and this will hurt, but I'll have to trust in Oettinger

If Anderson gets hit by a moped driver on the way to the Circle K and is out for the season, I may have to hate you.  😎

I have to do something in goal, though, just to make sure I get starts.  I'm burning through moves just to get Albertson's cashiers to pretend to be a goalie for a night just to make starts--no worries about winning anything or a sub-5.xx GAA.  I've just needed to force a start count.    I really like Tage.  I've burned through Tage and Ovechkin (who I do NOT like and never will) just to have average goalies to float with.   I hope the Yahoo coding monkey who picked Koch and fricken Fleury in the autodraft is sold to a mascara company in Bangladesh. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

If Anderson gets hit by a moped driver on the way to the Circle K and is out for the season, I may have to hate you.  😎

I have to do something in goal, though, just to make sure I get starts.  I'm burning through moves just to get Albertson's cashiers to pretend to be a goalie for a night just to make starts--no worries about winning anything or a sub-5.xx GAA.  I've just needed to force a start count.    I really like Tage.  I've burned through Tage and Ovechkin (who I do NOT like and never will) just to have average goalies to float with.   I hope the Yahoo coding monkey who picked Koch and fricken Fleury in the autodraft is sold to a mascara company in Bangladesh. 

I probably shouldn't have made this trade. I love kochetkov and we all know it. I'm willing to gamble on him in the keeper league even if it means this season is a wash. But in a 1 year league this move was pretty bad for me lol 

But I'm hoping I can float on Dallas and half of the Oilers net.

• Like 1

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

I'm also drinking, and I just rejected 2 trades in cup quest on the basis on not making trades while the vodka is flowing

Thank God I have contacts in the the Cup Quest league.  

Vodka.  hmmm.  Now that I'm done trading and pipers can't read this (he doesn't get this site on his Commodore 64) I'm going to go get some vodka.

• Haha 2

lol, red wine for me. We just agreed on another deal with @yave1964 after centuries of back and forth. I gave up my miracle baby boy Seider and Dillon Dube for Forsberg and Veleno. My team of butchers severely lacks players who can score empty netters on a soccer goal from a 1-inch distance, so I gave tons of hits, blocks and PP presence to compensate, with Dube and Veleno as assets to cover for the LW loss. I'd never have made this trade in a keeper league but as usual, when I say firmly that I will stay put and not move one single inch, I end up making trades because the temptation is too strong, even if I get screwed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Math said:

I end up making trades because the temptation is too strong, even if I get screwed.

You realize you just rubbed yourself down with raw meat in front of a pack of hyenas, right?

giphy.gif

• Haha 4