2023 Roster 17 players

phlfly

45 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If we are stuck with Coots salary for 6 more years,  its all the more reason to deal Konecny.  You don't want to monstrous long term contracts when you are rebuilding. We also have the Sanheim contract. If somehow Coots is traded , then maybe you sign Konecny, but we do have alot of talented offensive style right wings. I think that management would prefer to keep Coots for leadership and his two way game , as long as his back holds out. 

Might not be popular but I try and move Konecny and Tippett who is looking for a new deal and well with this deep draft coming up I want a huge return for both.

TK should no doubt bring a huge return or I'm keeping him.

TK

Tippett

Atkinson

Laughton

Hathaway 

Staal

Seeler

May be forgetting someone but I am looking to move them all.

Tippett will be 25 this year so if he will ink a 2 year deal maybe I keep him.

But I doubt it.

He may be able to be adding to a playoff bound team for depth for a prospect or pick or two.

But with the RW being so stocked I'm making room for 

Foester

Lycksell

Gendron

Kaplan (next season).

Purge let's do this rebuild right eff the damn playoffs right now.

23 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Sanheims contract is fine if he plays like he has been....which I expect him to. 

Yes, he finally took our advice and hit the gym. He looks good out there. I hope that with York and Brink  helping him on the PP, he can become more of an offensive force.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ain't going to matter much all you did was paint stripes on a kitten...

:beer:

I'll take a "kitten' who plays like Sanheim over a "tiger" that plays like Ristolainen, all day, every day. 

Maybe we should be complaining about Risto, and how he should read a book on how to play hockey instead of the guy who's arguably the best player on the team?. He cost us way more in assets than Sanheim. Way more. 

Give me cerebral over this please (Sochis strength and conditioning coach...can't believe there isn't a brown bear on the couch with an AK). This is bringing WWF to hockey....no thanks.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I'll take a "kitten' who plays like Sanheim over a "tiger" that plays like Ristolainen, all day, every day. 

Maybe we should be complaining about Risto, and how he should read a book on how to play hockey instead of the guy who's arguably the best player on the team?. He cost us way more in assets than Sanheim. Way more. 

Give me cerebral over this please (Sochis strength and conditioning coach...can't believe there isn't a brown bear on the couch with an AK). This is bringing WWF to hockey....no thanks.

We don't need Sanheim to hammer people, he just needs to win the battles on the boards and in front and play sound defense. The added muscle has helped. He also needs to rush the puck and create a little more offense than he has in the past. His offensive output has to offset any defensive liability. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe we should be complaining about Risto

I think you have done enough of that for everyone here no need to keep beating the dead horse.

And you'll never admit it but Risto has gotten better and shown improvement last time we seen him play.

And the size addition doesn't do much to a skater if he won't use the added size to his advantage.

Perfect example the other night on the Roope Hintz goal was the perfect example to body check this man and knock him off the puck and instead he tried his patented and prove ol stick check whiff and well Hintz put it right in net.

This the part Sanheim's game i wanted to see improve be harder to play against that way.

Like we seen Farabee who is much smaller than Sanheim but he still knows how to throw a check.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Give me cerebral over this please

See i don't see alot of that even for Sanheim he seems to have gotten better then there are moments he shows he isn't still.

Sanheim has gotten better as much as Risto then...

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

no need to keep beating the dead horse.

But beating it with Sanheim is ok?

I admit Risto has got better...he's still not very good, still not worth everything we gave away for him and still not worth that contract.

Sanheim, on the other hand, is worth a 17th overall pick and $6.25 isn't terrible for him.

31 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

But beating it with Sanheim is ok?

Yeah it is because no one gives a sh it about Risto.

We WANT Sanheim to be the #1 they need.

Risto is like Seeler ain't no one complaining about his up and down play because he paid accordingly.

MOST everyone is mad about Risto because of how much he is paid.

If he was paid less then he would be like Seeler no one would give a **** it's a rebuild.

So if they plan on keeping Travis i need him to man the fcuk up and not just need to buy bigger close because he "put on some size" goddamnit.

And Risto we all just hopes gets relegated to the bottom pair till they decide to buy him out or find someone dumb enough in a trade which we know will be the 1st one.

EDIT:

And if he was my son that is how i would coach him. Boy you got to use your size learn how to lean on someone and separate them from the puck it doesn't have to be a highlight reel check but use ya body son!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor
#bourbonup

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And you'll never admit it but Risto has gotten better and shown improvement last time we seen him play.

I'd say this season has been the best we've seen of him, yes

:hocky:

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

MOST everyone is mad about Risto because of how much he is paid.

Pay. Term. Hockey ability. What they gave up to get him.

It's a smorgasbord, really. And I am predisposed to like Finns.

If he was on Seeler's contract he might be worth something. At the deadline.

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

We WANT Sanheim to be the #1 they need.

You know, you think that and then I go and pick him up on my FHL squad.

Sorry.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

You know, you think that and then I go and pick him up on my FHL squad.

Sorry.

Well see now you're responsible every time i bust his balls now...why you go and do him like that.

:flyer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

For sure. No complaints about Ristolainen so far… 😁

The hope was to always just showcase and then send him packing...or it was in my plan.

Even if i had to eat 2 mill of his salary per year. But Risto helps the tank depends on what you really want.