Game 3: Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers; 10/17/23 @ 6 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

It will be a crowded South Philadelphia Sports Complex for Torts vs. Tocchet.  The bookies set Vancouver as a mild favorite (about -140):

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/vancouver-philadelphia-odds-october-17-2023-2015909

Two games is a truly small sample, but statistically, Vancouver seems to score, particularly on the power play:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-van/2023/10/17/2023020042

Don't forget, this is an early start time.  

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 3: Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers; 10/17/23 @ 6 PM, NBCSP

Flyers lines and combos:

Tippett - Couturier - Atkinson

Konecny - Laughton - Foerster

Farabee - Cates - Brink

Deslauriers - Poehling - Hathaway

York - Sanheim

Staal - Walker

Zamula - Seeler

Hart

Pisses me off that Andrea isn't playing Staal has to be the soft tank part of the plan.

Has too.

• Like 1

I would like to see more flips.

If I was coach I would be having the boys practice flips for like 6 hours straight! Everyday. Until it's perfected. The perfect flip every time.

The parade planning would surely follow!

• Like 1

Yea that was a solid win, unexpected too with all that talent on the Canucks it’s hard to believe the Flyers blanked them. Meanwhile across the parking lot the Phillies shut out the Diamondbacks 10-0.

A win feels good but they’re probably better off losing. Well as long as they don’t make a habit of it…😂

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yea that was a solid win, unexpected too with all that talent on the Canucks it’s hard to believe the Flyers blanked them. Meanwhile across the parking lot the Phillies shut out the Diamondbacks 10-0.

A win feels good but they’re probably better off losing. Well as long as they don’t make a habit of it…😂

Vancouver has played three games:

Game 1 - literally everything went in, and got a month's worth of good bounces in one game.

Game 2 - badly outplayed.

Game 3 - badly outplayed.

I'm not nearly as sold on that roster as some are. They have an elite centre in Pettersson, an elite defenseman in Hughes, a good Give a Sh|t/60 in Miller, and then a whole lot of guys who don't really care that there are two nets on the ice.

22 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

and then a whole lot of guys who don't really care that there are two nets on the ice.

I’ve always kinda liked JT Miller (with the Rangers) but if he played last night nobody knew it but him. Same could be said for most of the Van lines even their PP which had been steaming along…MIA last night against a woefully bad Flyers’ PK.

• Like 1