Wild vs Stars; Sunday 11/12/23; 5 p.m. CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Alexandron

13 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

4 breakaways and countless odd man rushes...Worst game of the year....so far...
** and 2 shorties against.

Not only for us, and probably, in NHL history. 2 SHG and 5 PP goals in our net in one game.

Embarrassing result. Team was not able to compete. We need to build a chemistry for 3 lines (Boldy-Rossi- Johanssen; Foligno-Maroon- EEK; Duhaime-Dewar- Vinni Gaudreau(hope he will recover soon from his injury) as soon as possible and  to build a chemistry among defensemen as well. With that play we are not fit to any round of the playoff. And maybe we lost a confidence to with that play too. Just hope we will not be the last team in our Division this season. I am glad that Kaprizov was not injured by Suter during this game. Unfortunately, he was hurt badly by him. Same story as it was during the playoffs last year between Kaprizov and Suter.

At least I was right for this game in predicting 11 goals, but in predicting everything else for this game I was completely wrong. Sad. Sad. Sad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Not only for us, and probably, in NHL history. 2 SHG and 5 PP goals in our net in one game.

Embarrassing result. Team was not able to compete. We need to build a chemistry for 3 lines (Boldy-Rossi- Johanssen; Foligno-Maroon- EEK; Duhaime-Dewar- Vinni Gaudreau(hope he will recover soon from his injury) as soon as possible and  to build a chemistry among defensemen as well. With that play we are not fit to any round of the playoff. And maybe we lost a confidence to with that play too. Just hope we will not be the last team in our Division this season. I am glad that Kaprizov was not injured by Suter during this game. Unfortunately, he was hurt badly by him. Same story as it was during the playoffs last year between Kaprizov and Suter.

At least I was right for this game in predicting 11 goals, but in predicting everything else for this game I was completely wrong. Sad. Sad. Sad.

While I like the idea of trying new line combo's now and then to get certain players going and the latest test of Rossi-Kap-Boldy was I thought a way to get Rossi some confidence with talented linemates, But the Wild seem to be switching line combo's way too much and too quickly. I'm sure other teams mix things up, But it seems like we do it so much more, Never getting a real chance to develope chemistry and just knowing the tendancies of each linemate. Really glaring this season and the last  few games with all the blind passes going to no one. 
This isn't just Evason, It goes back to even the Yeo days.
Set the lines and let them figure it out. 

Unfortunatly our D has been a revolving door wiith trades and injuries, So I give them a slight pass on their situation....Slight :P 

Seeing coaches start to get fired now, I'll bet even tho BG seems to like Evason, He may be going soon. If that happens then the  entire staff has to go also and start fresh with an entire new staff.
Personally I think it's on the players more to Do their freakin job !! ...but that's not how it works.

I thought your prediction wasn't that crazy at all. 😁

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

While I like the idea of trying new line combo's now and then to get certain players going and the latest test of Rossi-Kap-Boldy was I thought a way to get Rossi some confidence with talented linemates, But the Wild seem to be switching line combo's way too much and too quickly. I'm sure other teams mix things up, But it seems like we do it so much more, Never getting a real chance to develope chemistry and just knowing the tendancies of each linemate. Really glaring this season and the last  few games with all the blind passes going to no one. 
This isn't just Evason, It goes back to even the Yeo days.
Set the lines and let them figure it out. 

Unfortunatly our D has been a revolving door wiith trades and injuries, So I give them a slight pass on their situation....Slight :P 

Seeing coaches start to get fired now, I'll bet even tho BG seems to like Evason, He may be going soon. If that happens then the  entire staff has to go also and start fresh with an entire new staff.
Personally I think it's on the players more to Do their freakin job !! ...but that's not how it works.

I thought your prediction wasn't that crazy at all. 😁

You made pretty good points. Building a strong chemistry was our problem since Yeo days or even before that time. One our line (Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello) is still has a nice chemistry, but the other 3 are not. Regarding our coach I have a controversial opinion. From one side I like that he is a brave person to experiment with different players like he did with Kaprizov-Rossi-Boldy or placed Boldy-Rossi-Faber in OT, but from the other side I do not like that he got rid from the team players who made some noticeable impact to the team like Kulikov; Steel; Addison. Like I said before, everyone does mistakes especially young players, but this way they are getting more experience and building more chemistry too. They are not robots. Of course preferable, to have less mistakes, but those are always happened. 

From the last interview with Kaprizov (yesterday) that he has a nice friendship with Zuccarello and Kulikov when he mentioned 6 players-friends in his career. Why did we destruct that important relation between Kaprizov and Kulikov when we got rid of Kulikov from the team (he played 80 games with us) is still a question for me? They had a pretty nice chemistry then in our team.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

You made pretty good points. Building a strong chemistry was our problem since Yeo days or even before that time. One our line (Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello) is still has a nice chemistry, but the other 3 are not. Regarding our coach I have a controversial opinion. From one side I like that he is a brave person to experiment with different players like he did with Kaprizov-Rossi-Boldy or placed Boldy-Rossi-Faber in OT, but from the other side I do not like that he got rid from the team players who made some noticeable impact to the team like Kulikov; Steel; Addison. Like I said before, everyone does mistakes especially young players, but this way they are getting more experience and building more chemistry too. They are not robots. Of course preferable, to have less mistakes, but those are always happened. 

From the last interview with Kaprizov (yesterday) that he has a nice friendship with Zuccarello and Kulikov when he mentioned 6 players-friends in his career. Why did we destruct that important relation between Kaprizov and Kulikov when we got rid of Kulikov from the team (he played 80 games with us) is still a question for me? They had a pretty nice chemistry then in our team.

I liked Kulikov for those same reasons but I didn't follow his contract status.
We couldn't afford so many raises to come I figure. I think it was more BG and his Wheeling-Dealing than Evason saying certain players have to go. Evason should have some imput, But at the end of the day, It's BG's decision. 
Hopefully with the Sweden trip and plenty of practice time for the new arrivals to get used to playing with their linemates.
I'd still keep Boldy with Rossi but It seems like Boldy is hitting another funk period like what happened last season a few times. He doesn't need Kap on the line as He produced greatly while Kap was injured last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

We couldn't afford so many raises to come I figure. I think it was more BG and his Wheeling-Dealing than Evason saying certain players have to go. Evason should have some imput, But at the end of the day, It's BG's decision. 
Hopefully with the Sweden trip and plenty of practice time for the new arrivals to get used to playing with their linemates.
I'd still keep Boldy with Rossi but It seems like Boldy is hitting another funk period like what happened last season a few times. He doesn't need Kap on the line as He produced greatly while Kap was injured last season.

Hope we will get 4 points out of this trip. Johansson predicted. 😀. Boldy had pretty nice chemistry with Johansson and EEK at the end of the last season, but I would keep Rossi in that line with Boldy and Johansson , because EEK could play well in a powerful line with Foligno and Maroon. It seems Kaprizov was hurt last game against Dallas when he produced only one shot during that game. According to Russo at his X-twit:

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey

"Kirill Kaprizov’s health suddenly a concern as sinking Wild head to Sweden".

5 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I was thinking about this too or maybe there were a combined duo (GM and Head Coach) decisions. And probably, also was a duo decision to try 5 forwards at PP too. Unusual decision, but at least they tried.

Kulikov could have been a combination of $’s and a pretty poor showing in the playoffs last year. 
Personaly I think they need to mix the lines a bit, that way when a player goes out there isn’t as much adjustment. 
Right now Foligno, EEK and Marroon are a force to be reckoned with. Boldy and Rossi are playing well, but Johanson just isn’t there yet. 
The 4th line is pulling there weight. 
The #1 line is the problem. Zucc over passing and Kaprizov whiffing on everything. 
Maybe Kap needs a longer stick. 
When Freddy comes back I would sit Johanson for a bit. 

34 minutes ago, Math said:

With Johnny Gaudreau officially sucking at hockey and rotting in a desperate franchise, can we please officially called Freddie "Frédérick Hockey"?!?!

You know, I think I started the "Un-Johnny" thing when referring to Frederick Gaudreau...simply because Johnny was the more 'skilled' Gaudreau.
But given what has been going on, I think I should give OUR Gaudreau a bit more respect, remove the Un-Johnny label, and yea...I'm with you.

Freddie Hockey!

And whenever the Wild play the Jackets or Johnny G's name comes up in our forums, HE can be called.... The Un-Freddie. :shifty: 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

23 hours ago, Tomdog said:

Kulikov could have been a combination of $’s and a pretty poor showing in the playoffs last year. 
Personaly I think they need to mix the lines a bit, that way when a player goes out there isn’t as much adjustment. 
Right now Foligno, EEK and Marroon are a force to be reckoned with. Boldy and Rossi are playing well, but Johanson just isn’t there yet. 
The 4th line is pulling there weight. 
The #1 line is the problem. Zucc over passing and Kaprizov whiffing on everything. 
Maybe Kap needs a longer stick. 
When Freddy comes back I would sit Johanson for a bit. 

Maybe Kaprizov needs a longer stick like Zuccarello has? But regarding points so far for that line Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello they are better than any other lines. In 15 played games Zuccarelo has 16 points; Kaprizov has 15 points; Hartman has 11 points for offensive part. But for the defensive part they do have the problem or our entire defense is not as good. Kaprizov +/- -11; Zuccarello +/- -7; Hartman +/- -4. 

Kulikov played actually not last season, but season before. He played only 2 playoffs games out of 7 games against Vegas and had 1 assist; +/- +2 in those games. Maybe if he would played all 7 games then maybe he would have a better impact to our team's result. But we had Dumba too at that time...

An interesting fact for this thread. In a last day and a half we had almost 200 views already. It seems our fans and media really worry what is going on with our team. We practically have the same team as last season. We traded Greenway, Reaves, Steel,Dumba and added Maroon, Bogosian, Faber, Rossi.

Edited by Alexandron

Just heard reports that Kaprizov may be dealing with an injury. My guess a shoulder, causing all the short passes and whiffed shots. 
For the ice time and pp time that Kaprizov gets he should be leading the team, unfortunately I think he leads the team in turnovers as well. 

I just looked for more stats of 3 best NHL goalies.

Martin Brodeur played 1266 games in 22 seasons. He had 691 wins during that period.

Patrick Roy played 1029 games in 19 seasons. He had 551 wins during that period.

Marc-Andre Fleury played 994 games in 20 seasons. He has so far 547 wins during that period.

All I want from the Wild team this season to help Marc-Andre Fleury to reach 1000 games and to pass 551 wins record before the New Year. We need just 5 wins for him. This way we will be a part of historical NHL record as well as the Wild club record. Regarding our playoffs participation is still a questionable part for me this season. We need a better chemistry to build in. As well as for the farm club too.

Edited by Alexandron