Game 33: Philadelphia Flyers at Detroit Red Wings; 12/22/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The O and B are underdogs (+116).  The Wings are not playing good hockey, but this handicapper doesn't like us on the back-to-back:

https://pickdawgz.com/nhl-picks/2023-12-22/flyers-vs-red-wings-prediction-nhl-picks

This is a matchup with a sound D going up against a fairly good offense:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/det-vs-phi/2023/12/22/2023020510

It could be another goaltending display.

LGF!

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 33: Philadelphia Flyers at Detroit Red Wings; 12/22/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Ersson isn't going to like his save percentage, but it's not all on him. Outside of the Sprong goal, which was a very pretty play on the part of Detroit where nothing could really be done, the Flyers defensive coverage has been very lackadaisical. 

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Ersson isn't going to like his save percentage, but it's not all on him. Outside of the Sprong goal, which was a very pretty play on the part of Detroit where nothing could really be done, the Flyers defensive coverage has been very lackadaisical. 

Hart

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Ersson Hart isn't going to like his save percentage, but it's not all on him. Outside of the Sprong goal, which was a very pretty play on the part of Detroit where nothing could really be done, the Flyers defensive coverage has been very lackadaisical. 

Fixed it for you

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He's pissed what did i miss?

first time I ever saw both guys drop the gloves both swinging...and only 1 guy gets 5 for fighting. fkn ridiculous. Not sure why he got the game misconduct...

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

first time I ever saw both guys drop the gloves both swinging...and only 1 guy gets 5 for fighting. fkn ridiculous. Not sure why he got the game misconduct...

Both players got fighting majors.  Seeler didn’t get a game misconduct…he got 17 minutes of penalty time,(5 for fighting, 2 for instigating, 10 min misconduct). There was less than 17 mins on the clock so he went to the room.  He’ll be back in the 3rd.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Both players got fighting majors.  

Oh they did ? Okay...I saw Seeler freaking out in the box and couldn't hear the PA. So I guess that was the 3-min PP the Flyers had... after Ghostisbehere took the interference penalty and the extra 2 for ... that little hop/skip/and a jump he did mocking the ref. Ha crazy game..

Edited by GratefulFlyers

3 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Oh they did ? Okay...I saw Seeler freaking out in the box and couldn't hear the PA. So I guess that was the 3-min PP the Flyers had...

The 3-min power play came a little later when the Flyers had a man in the box already and Ghost or called for a double minor, (interference and unsportsmanlike).

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Thanks 1