Wild vs Jets; Sunday 12/31/23; 1 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Alexandron

No surprise to anyone, but yea, the Wild are most definitely not on the Jets' level.

And to think, not that long ago, these Jets were a complete mess.
But they ship out the complainers, get younger, faster, have guys that actually want to play there, still sport solid goaltending and good team size and speed, and you got a team that is ready to crash the post season while the Wild continue to bide their time under the buyout dark cloud.

Still think it's $h1tty the Wild don't have Kap due to Brendan Dillon's handiwork, but it is what it is.

I just hope Minnesota is already doing advanced scouting for the draft and start planning who they think they may need to get and have NHL ready by the time Parise and Suter's contract yokes get lifted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Happy New Year JTG and anyone else lurking. :P

Same to you.
We are spending ours quietly at home....we did lots of house hopping for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Just want to be home and do NOTHING! :) 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

7 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Same to you.
We are spending ours quietly at home....we did lots of house hopping for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Just want to be home and do NOTHING! :) 

TFG I hope you enjoyed your peaceful holiday! Happy new year 

I didn't think the Wild were that far away from winning this game, but they take bad penalties and their still crappy penalty kill digs the hole a bit deeper.  I didn't see Saturday's game, but I heard the start was bad but they finished ok (still losing of course) but this one started out fairly well but they couldn't add to their lead despite some prime opportunities.  And that allowed the Jets to hang around and then the Wild killed themselves with the inopportune penalty.  

The other thing that I think is kind of lame is the initial staged fight by Maroon.  Not slamming on Maroon for challenging someone from the Jets out of the gate but save that for Brendan Dillon.  And the game after they hurt your star player is not really helping anything.  I understand you're not going to have Maroon out there with Kaprizov, but what does it prevent doing something like that a game later?  I know Middleton dropped the gloves with Dillon on Saturday but light up Ehlers, light up Scheifele...

On 1/1/2024 at 1:26 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

The other thing that I think is kind of lame is the initial staged fight by Maroon.  Not slamming on Maroon for challenging someone from the Jets out of the gate but save that for Brendan Dillon.  And the game after they hurt your star player is not really helping anything.  I understand you're not going to have Maroon out there with Kaprizov, but what does it prevent doing something like that a game later?  I know Middleton dropped the gloves with Dillon on Saturday but light up Ehlers, light up Scheifele...

Still I think we needed to show that we are not a simple team to play against Jets. Dillon definitely needed to be punished. Entire world sport media is talking about Kaprizov's injury. Probably his ribs and kidneys were also affected during that trauma. Yes, we lost 4 points in 2 games, but injuries for crucial players cost for us more.